Help me understand bootanimations

Search This thread

Grorbabrag

Nov 1, 2010
Hi,

I'm trying to get a bootanimation to work. DL here: https://mega.co.nz/#!isQEkKoS!2Dyfuf7TI2GePbMV11N83TR2hrpsCKfkdud4WNMaY90
It is originally created by ansebovi using my upscaled version of this .gif, however it stops around the 85th frame and freezes the phone completely.
In order to boot the phone again, I have to mount /system/ through TWRP and delete the bootanimation.zip file using the file manager of TWRP.

I've read through this thread over on droidforums regarding how to create a bootanimation and modified the desc.txt accordingly. I've also tried the troubleshooting steps described in the same thread.

Now I'm looking for anyone well versed in the art of bootanimations to help me understand and fix this problem I have on my hands.

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: Upload to the forum crapped out thrice in a row now. Mega link added instead.

Last edited:

Grorbabrag

Nov 1, 2010
System media

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Weird,I placed it in the same place, with rw- r-- r-- permissions and all..
Maybe the difference really is in the kernel/ROM...
I use PA Beta 4 and ElemnetalX 0.36. I suppose its probably more kernel related if at all..
Which kernel so you use?

Last edited:

*system error*

Im currently beanstalk w/ uber. Impatiently waiting for googles upgrade. Your probably right, however I've never had issues with boot animations unless on a stock samsung kernel.
Anyone out there have issues with elemental and pushing bootanimations?

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

It is a really cool bootanimation. For giggles have you tried any other bootanis?

Grorbabrag

Nov 1, 2010
Im currently beanstalk w/ uber. Impatiently waiting for googles upgrade. Your probably right, however I've never had issues with boot animations unless on a stock samsung kernel.
Anyone out there have issues with elemental and pushing bootanimations?

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

It is a really cool bootanimation. For giggles have you tried any other bootanis?

I have not, that might be worth looking into. Credit for the .gif goes to /r/loadingicon over on reddit.

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------
I tried it with this animation and it booted perfectly, so I suppose that it's not purely kernel related, must be some weird interaction between the ElementalX kernel and my bootanim...

Last edited: