My Note just got stolen, help login out of everything.

Search This thread

Chaosin1983

Oct 28, 2011
I just got my Note stolen a few hours ago, I am so pissed right now, but hey what can I do... I live in Nicaragua, so no warranty and no police claim will get it back for me...

Tomorrow I will call my carrier and see if I can block my phone through IMEI number so the son of a **** that stole it cannot use it...

I never kept my gps enabled unless I was using it so no tracking software will be able to track my phone, I already blocked my number with my carrier so I guess there is not much I can do to track it, but I would like to sign out of everything on my phone, and I was just wondering if I changed passwords on every service installed on my phone would the theif still be able to login if I had checked the "remember me" or "stayed logged in" options?

Thanks,

HasC

Mar 2, 2006
I just got my Note stolen a few hours ago, I am so pissed right now, but hey what can I do... I live in Nicaragua, so no warranty and no police claim will get it back for me...

Tomorrow I will call my carrier and see if I can block my phone through IMEI number so the son of a **** that stole it cannot use it...

I never kept my gps enabled unless I was using it so no tracking software will be able to track my phone, I already blocked my number with my carrier so I guess there is not much I can do to track it, but I would like to sign out of everything on my phone, and I was just wondering if I changed passwords on every service installed on my phone would the theif still be able to login if I had checked the "remember me" or "stayed logged in" options?

Thanks,

Try to install plan b from the market. You can install it remotely from Google play using a web browser and should be able to get the GPS coordinates of your phone providing the thief has not removed your Google account. Do it asap to increase your chances.

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
+1 Good idea, However The phone will need to have internet access to receive the remote download.

Dont suppose you had Lookout installed ?? On my device it is un-installable, and i can remotely turn GPS on / off, Track the phone, Wipe everything, Lock the device, and even make the phone scream !! (useful for when you are tracking and a close enough to hear it)

I hope you get it back !!

sujal

Dec 29, 2010
Delhi
Changing the password won't let the thief use any of the services you have logged into. The app should request him for the new password. Do it ASAP!

I feel for you man! Had my iPod touch, Optimus 2X and Galaxy SII stolen! :(

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

Reactions: LoVeRice

madbird

Nov 14, 2005
Hamburg, what else? :)
first of all sorry you, that's one of the worst things that can happen to a phone.

if you think the theft is using your phone only with a different simcard you have the following options:

- try planb (as already mentioned above) to locate your phone.

- if you have a google account on the phone, try android lost that will gain you the full control over the phone including locating it, taking photos of the cameras and wiping the complete data of the device out. its a really great tool .

- if you have a Samsung account on your phone, try the samsung dive website with this you can also do things like locating or wiping data view call logs and so on.

if all the above fail you should change the passwords of all your accounts used on the phone, especially the email accounts. also try to contact your provider, really few of them provide a location service based on the imei number of the device. and also some of them offer the service to put the device's imei number to a ban list so the phone is useless at all because it cant login in to the gsm network.

*EDIT*: go to the police and let them give you a document that the phone is stolen, and the imei and serial numbers. give this document to samsung and they will put the device to a blacklist, so the device wont get service/support/repair anymore.

i hope some of this become useful to you

Last edited:
Reactions: johnvarghese333

Kangal

Jan 3, 2006
Best thing would be to:

1- Track it (with the app said above) or with Samsung Dive!
2- Find the perp
3- Beat him with a cow bone
4- Retrieve the phone
5- Send it to me for inspection

;)

Chaosin1983

Oct 28, 2011
Hi guys, thanks for your help, I installed Plan B a few hours after the OP, but still no email...I would gladly beat the crap out of the theif, but I fear I won't see my note again, I have already ordered another one, this time I will install every tracking anti theft app available...

Anyhow, after this, I installed Lookout on my Girlfriends Note, and tried out the tracking, the tracking is not that accurate, it positions the phone within a 2 Km radius...any other app that would be more accurate?

Thanks,

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
Im using avast and i have to say its working well, it has a ton of features, you can make mobile data persistent with a single text making tracking that bit more accurate

combine it with the screaming feature of lookout and you should be able to hear it if you are close enough.

B

baz77

Lol samsung dive will dissapear when factory reset

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

gedster314

Sep 7, 2007
Oxnard, Ca
Little late for the original poster but Cerberus is a nice app too. I got in on a free promotion. I have it activated and don't even think about till I get an email saying that I changed my sim. You can remotely hide the app, wipe phone/sdcard have a login screen pop up appear, record video and or audio and map in real time.

Even though I think tracking your kids is creepy, I can see how some parents would love to install it on their kid's phone.

Chaosin1983

Oct 28, 2011
Thanks again for all the info, I will try all these once my new phone gets here.

I have a question though, all of these tracking apps need data connection on the cel phone's side...correct? What if the theif turns off data connection? Is there one that works with only GPS?

Last edited:

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
Well in avast, you can remotely activate data network even if the thief switches it off, It also has stealth mode where it hides all traces of being installed.

If you are rooted it can even withstand a factory reset.

salmavic

Feb 9, 2013
can i unblock a samsung galaxy note ?

hey everyone !
so i got scammed in ebay and i got a samsung galaxy note n7000. the guy said it worked perfectly and stuff...buuut no !! when i got the phone it wont read any sim card so i just figured it was from the sim card reader. when i took it to my retailer they told me the phone was stolen/lost and the original owner kinda blocked it so no one can use it. i have access to the phone and everything except that it wont read my sim card. i contacted the guy i got from on ebay and filed a claim and everything but i know these things can take FOREVER before i can get my money back. the guy i got it from told me he bought on ebay too in november 2012. i dont wanna sell the phone again on ebay and scam more people i tried looking for the original owner so we can figure out a deal but i couldnt.

is there anyway i can fix this phone ?!! or can i contact the samsung store maybe and they can find the original owner ?!! please help...anyone ?!!!

dsmas

Apr 18, 2012
Bangalore
Strange. Post could be chameleon or possibly victim of stolen phone.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Last edited:
B

baz77

hey everyone !
so i got scammed in ebay and i got a samsung galaxy note n7000. the guy said it worked perfectly and stuff...buuut no !! when i got the phone it wont read any sim card so i just figured it was from the sim card reader. when i took it to my retailer they told me the phone was stolen/lost and the original owner kinda blocked it so no one can use it. i have access to the phone and everything except that it wont read my sim card. i contacted the guy i got from on ebay and filed a claim and everything but i know these things can take FOREVER before i can get my money back. the guy i got it from told me he bought on ebay too in november 2012. i dont wanna sell the phone again on ebay and scam more people i tried looking for the original owner so we can figure out a deal but i couldnt.

is there anyway i can fix this phone ?!! or can i contact the samsung store maybe and they can find the original owner ?!! please help...anyone ?!!!

maybe, but how do I know you didnt steal it yourself/know you bought a stolen phone?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Changing the password won't let the thief use any of the services you have logged into. The app should request him for the new password. Do it ASAP!

I feel for you man! Had my iPod touch, Optimus 2X and Galaxy SII stolen! :(

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA
    first of all sorry you, that's one of the worst things that can happen to a phone.

if you think the theft is using your phone only with a different simcard you have the following options:

- try planb (as already mentioned above) to locate your phone.

- if you have a google account on the phone, try android lost that will gain you the full control over the phone including locating it, taking photos of the cameras and wiping the complete data of the device out. its a really great tool .

- if you have a Samsung account on your phone, try the samsung dive website with this you can also do things like locating or wiping data view call logs and so on.

if all the above fail you should change the passwords of all your accounts used on the phone, especially the email accounts. also try to contact your provider, really few of them provide a location service based on the imei number of the device. and also some of them offer the service to put the device's imei number to a ban list so the phone is useless at all because it cant login in to the gsm network.

*EDIT*: go to the police and let them give you a document that the phone is stolen, and the imei and serial numbers. give this document to samsung and they will put the device to a blacklist, so the device wont get service/support/repair anymore.

i hope some of this become useful to you
    Salmavic please return that phone to chaosin! Lol jk :)