[Q] root Verizon Razr XT912 Version: 98.72.165.XT912.Verizon.en.US

Search This thread

kamsudnya

Jun 20, 2013
I need some help, I have been trying to root my Verizon Razr XT912 running Device Software Version: 98.72.165.XT912.Verizon.en.US with the only tool I can find to use on DROID_RAZR_Utility_Jellybean_XT912_WinMacLin
Can anyone guide me in the right direction? thanks

mwyarm

Dec 25, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S20
I lost root upon this last Verizon upgrade to 98.72.165. I think it was 98.72.16 before this weekend's update. I am going to try and go back to the original JB (98.72.16), enable root and hopefully find some type of rootkeeper utility that will stop this craziness. I can keep you posted if this works as I don't know what else to do. I use the Tasker application and most of my tasks are not functioning.

mwyarm

Dec 25, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S20
Everything worked well. I was able to reinstall the 98.72.16 image and then I applied root. So, I am back at the point before the upgrade of the software. I have root back and just completed a full titatium backup. Now, I need to figure out what others are using to keep root enabled so when a software update is applied I do not lose root. Anyone who can suggest what they use would be helpful.

To the first person who posted, I may be able to walk you through what I did and we can then learn what others are doing to keep root together.

Last edited:

fredlpage

Jun 19, 2009
98.72.165.en.US version

I am rooted. Haven't changed from the Moto/Verizon JellyBean update (4.1.2) but have deleted a lot of the programs I don't like or use. When I've tried to let the 98.72.165.en install it starts, then the Droid animation goes "belly up" with a "!"

I know others with root have installed it and I wouldn't mind having the update since I do travel within Canada about once a year. But, if I can't get it to install, then how do I tell the updated I don't want this? It's getting a bit tiresome to tell the installer "Not Now" every twelve hours.

fredlpage

Jun 19, 2009
:confused: Anybody have an answer?

I am rooted. Haven't changed from the Moto/Verizon JellyBean update (4.1.2) but have deleted a lot of the programs I don't like or use. When I've tried to let the 98.72.165.en install it starts, then the Droid animation goes "belly up" with a "!"

I know others with root have installed it and I wouldn't mind having the update since I do travel within Canada about once a year. But, if I can't get it to install, then how do I tell the updated I don't want this? It's getting a bit tiresome to tell the installer "Not Now" every twelve hours.

plasma10

Oct 25, 2010
Everything worked well. I was able to reinstall the 98.72.16 image and then I applied root. So, I am back at the point before the upgrade of the software. I have root back and just completed a full titatium backup. Now, I need to figure out what others are using to keep root enabled so when a software update is applied I do not lose root. Anyone who can suggest what they use would be helpful.

To the first person who posted, I may be able to walk you through what I did and we can then learn what others are doing to keep root together.

How did you go back to 98.72.16?
Can you show me the steps please?