[SOLVED] ASUS PadFone X Tablet Dock Won't Respond

Search This thread

GraysonPeddie

Jun 5, 2012
Tallahassee, FL 32304
Hi. My name is Grayson Peddie and I am having a major problem with my tablet dock. My smartphone is working just fine. There are no damages to either the tablet or the dock. I would also say that the internals of the smartphone is fine, too, but about the tablet, here goes my explanation:

I purchased ASUS PadFone X as of July 1, 2014 and received it a couple of days later and I loved it. The tablet dock worked meaning my smartphone vibrated when plugged into the dock until now, when the dock starts to become less responsive (meaning the backlight stays on after a phone is removed) and then it went dead on me with no light turning on when plugged into a dedicated USB charger. But before the dock went dead on me, recently (probably yesterday) the buttons in the dock stopped working even though the screen is on. So after the light and the screen won't come on, when I plug my smartphone into the dock, it's not vibrating. I remove my smartphone from the dock and I saw a spinning circle (dynamic display kicking in) until I see my Android home screen; the smartphone's Android screen switched on quickly.

So my question is, is there anyway to get my dock repaired? I don't want to send in my smartphone for replacement. Ugh... I have never need to send my Nexus 4 and 7 for replacement in the past... :(

(Update: "To prevent spam to the forums, new users must wait five minutes between posts. All new user accounts will be verified by moderators before this restriction is removed." Well, I've been a member since... 2012 but I haven't been there for so long... Must wait 5 minutes before I mark my thread as solved...)

Last edited:

GraysonPeddie

Jun 5, 2012
Tallahassee, FL 32304
Was your device rooted, did you disable any apps?

No, not rooted, but I did disable Browser Bar... I don't know what that is for... A couple of weeks ago, I have also disabled a couple of AT&T applications that I don't care for (FamilyMap, Locker, and Mobile Locate) and Beats Music. I'm not sure if a Browser Bar is an AT&T application, though...

But then I don't think disabled applications have anything to do with my docking tablet. The light won't come on at all when plugged into a USB charger, let alone smartphone not vibrating when docked.

GraysonPeddie

Jun 5, 2012
Tallahassee, FL 32304
I found a problem! If you drop a tablet dock, the back cover can become unsnapped even though it stays intact. Once I squeeze the back of my tablet near the center of the dock, lo and behold! The red light came on with the USB plugged in! I docked my smartphone into my tablet dock! My phone vibrated! The screen came on! YES! It's working!!!

Okay, so what I can say is this: Due to the lack of build quality of PadFone X Dock, care must be taken to not drop the tablet, or the dock will not work after a few days of use. Had I mentioned that I dropped my tablet once, I would have gotten an obvious response that I should not drop my tablet in the first place. Well, I've dropped my Nexus 7 tablet and Nexus 4 smartphone a couple of times and it is still working! Even my PadFone X smartphone, so why not the dock? I'm so embarrassed that I've started my thread about my issue. Embarrassing. :(