Quick question about HD Video Capture

Search This thread

wphend00

Oct 1, 2007
Can someone do a video comparrison on the vibrant, between HD video capture to the 16gb built-in ram and HD video capture to, say, a Class 4 Micro SDHC card?

I just want to see if it is consistent, or if the video quality will degrade\appear less with the use of the slower media?

I would greatly appreciate it, if video could be posted to youtube or someone could attach the actual raw footage to a reply on this thread... but if not, at least a comparrison...

I have asked this question, 2 days ago, on another forum, and as of yet, have not received an answer...

s15274n

Aug 12, 2009
N.C.
callip.wordpress.com
I'm uploading two short videos now. Both are shot at 1280x720 resolution. Both links are HD so I would be on a desktop (and I would also pause it at the start to let it fully download before playing). I have to say neither look very impressive. I'm sure others who know more could do better. Also, I saw you posted this thread TWICE, AFTER I decided to help (and in the Development section).

Next time if you do that, don't expect any help.... please do not be that guy.... if you are, just go to another forum.

Internal Memory

SD Card

Last edited:

wphend00

Oct 1, 2007
I'm uploading two short videos now. Both are shot at 1280x720 resolution. Both links are HD so I would be on a desktop (and I would also pause it at the start to let it fully download before playing). I have to say neither look very impressive. I'm sure others who know more could do better. Also, I saw you posted this thread TWICE, AFTER I decided to help (and in the Development section).

Next time if you do that, don't expect any help.... please do not be that guy.... if you are, just go to another forum.

Internal Memory

SD Card

1000x thanks to you....for doing this for me...
No, the video is not stellar, in the low light... but it does look the same which is awesome...

I do apologize for posting twice... I posted this question on androidcentral's forums... and it sat there for 2 days..

SO I posted it in the developement forum (out of ignorance) and was told that it should be over here... so I responded hoping a mod would move it over here... nothing happened so I posted it in here...

Sorry for the confusion...

kizer

Mar 31, 2009
www.links4jeeps.com
I've had pretty good results with an outdoor shoot. I mean its better to catch my 4year old and 11month playing on something that isn't the greatest vs loose catching it at all.

os2baba

May 4, 2009
I'm uploading two short videos now. Both are shot at 1280x720 resolution. I have to say neither look very impressive.
Internal Memory

SD Card

Yeah...not real impressed by either one but thanks for taking the time!

What exactly is unimpressive about it? What were you expecting? I couldn't see a difference between either; and I thought both were excellent - for a phone! I haven't seen dedicated HD camcorders, but given that they are typically $500+ with hardware dedicated for video shooting, I'd say that this is extremely impressive. But even just as videos I think they are very very good.

Can you provide a link to something that you do find impressive? I'm not being dismissive or facetious, just wanted to know what the standard is. Thanks.

Sblackmagics

Sep 27, 2007
is it jst me or does the inernal memory video look a little brighter then the sd one...sd one looks a little bluer...both look great tho..jst commenting on any differences

s15274n

Aug 12, 2009
N.C.
callip.wordpress.com
^ I've watched both side by side and it could be my monitor not being great, but it was hard to tell much of a difference. I wish I spent a little more effort on those videos, but they work okay i suppose. Perhaps someone else will do more of a color test of sorts....

jeremiah_mn

Jul 27, 2010
wow, those look incredible for a cell phone. Keep in mind that 720 is just a resolution, there is much more goes into video than just the resolution. For instance bit rate, and the sensors used to capture the video.

Jaimizzle

Aug 14, 2010
Some people are never satisfied imo....I shot a video of my dads turtle eating on some tomato and I was blown away by the video quality that a PHONE can provide..I will try to upload the video and share with guys.

I can post a link but if your interested in seeing it..pm me

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App