[ROM][AOSP][Linaro]CarbonRom Nightlies/Releases [i9300]

Search This thread

nocoast

Sep 10, 2011
Chicago
Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom 1.π JB 4.2.2 [i9300] » Feb 20

New 4.2 leak brings new mali dirver that seems smoother, glitches fixed and daydream fixed!

Yup I'm running em now they run like champion drivers! Really improve the aosp experience on the note2 and I'm sure the i9300....THESE ARE THE LIBRARIES YOU'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR ;)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: erto90

erto90

Jun 21, 2008
Firenze ( Florence )
R: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom 1.π JB 4.2.2 [i9300] » Feb 20

Yup I'm running em now they run like champion drivers! Really improve the aosp experience on the note2 and I'm sure the i9300....THESE ARE THE LIBRARIES YOU'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR ;)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Do you have idea how to let them working on currently 1.3 carbon?
1) flash Cody flash able
2) flash a kernel compatible like new yank that will come very soon

Is correct or ROM must be rewritten is some parts?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

livingspring

Mar 14, 2007
Accra

Works

1.Flash Codes Update

2.Flash Yanks new CM10.1 updated kernel

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

Reactions: DaniGalaxy

hgyula87

Dec 21, 2010
Budapest

Quick question. How can i change the phone vibrating power? I dont know why but the phone vibrating the normal 10% when I get a message or phone call.. That was a bit problem for me because I use without sound my phone 99% a day.
Installed another rom and everything works fine, so that was somehow rom specific for me.

gertjan411

Dec 18, 2010
zaandam
www.natuurfotografie.de

The only problem I face is that scrolling have huge lag.
And I see some strange line's in the pages.
(Sorry for my bad English ):eek:

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

erto90

Jun 21, 2008
Firenze ( Florence )

Scrolling is blazing fast here! Specially with new Mali drivers..check Yank kernel for more infos..

Reactions: gertjan411

DaniGalaxy

Jul 3, 2011
Everything's fine here with Carbon 1.3, Code Update and Yanks new kernel.
No more graphical glitches and everything fast and smooth.

skrapi

Dec 31, 2010
Cardigan

I really like this ROM very smooth.

Having one problem though and that's the screen keeps coming on when is off. No idea why. Is this a common problem?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

CynicalMushroom

Dec 1, 2012
Sv: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom 1.π JB 4.2.2 [i9300] » Feb 20

I really like this ROM very smooth.

Having one problem though and that's the screen keeps coming on when is off. No idea why. Is this a common problem?

Probably some rouge apps causing wakelocks. Install better battery stats and find a tutorial on how to find out which app(s) is causing the phone to stay awake.

tokoam

Jun 24, 2007
Plantation

Will sbeam ever work on asop ?

ties169

Jun 8, 2012

As erto90 said, the new Mali drivers help a lot, but for smooth scrolling in apps like tapatalk you should enable force GPU rendering in developers options! :)

Dev options are normally hidden, but when you tap build number in 'about phone' 7 times you'll get access to them.

Sent from my GT-I9300

umberto1978

Sep 9, 2011
Huawei Mate 10
OnePlus 8 Pro

As erto90 said, the new Mali drivers help a lot, but for smooth scrolling in apps like tapatalk you should enable force GPU rendering in developers options! :)

Dev options are normally hidden, but when you tap build number in 'about phone' 7 times you'll get access to them.

Sent from my GT-I9300

The awesome thing after the 7th pressure on the build info google says "you are now a developer" Lol :D

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

nocoast

Sep 10, 2011
Chicago
Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom 1.4 JB 4.2.2 [i9300] » Feb 24

Nice....

1.4v is up.... Didn't find any changelog yet

Check our git history for a changelog. I HIGHLY ADVISE AGAINST FLASHING A NON STOCK KERNEL (as we work very hard on our smdk4412 kernel, carbon kernel pairs with carbon rom VERY well) I please ask that all users give our kernel at least a day or two test run, and please OC to at least 1920...to unleash its true potential. Also we support unofficial voodoo mod so try that out too ;)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: zadusimple

zadusimple

Dec 1, 2010
Delhi
Check our git history for a changelog. I HIGHLY ADVISE AGAINST FLASHING A NON STOCK KERNEL (as we work very hard on our smdk4412 kernel, carbon kernel pairs with carbon rom VERY well) I please ask that all users give our kernel at least a day or two test run, and please OC to at least 1920...to unleash its true potential. Also we support unofficial voodoo mod so try that out too ;)

Thanks for the hard work put in by you and your team. I just want one clarification if you could advise:

1. Is the Default kernel included with the version 1.4 contains the SDS fix?
2. Are new Mali drivers merged?

Many Thanks !!

nocoast

Sep 10, 2011
Chicago
Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom 1.4 JB 4.2.2 [i9300] » Feb 24

Thanks for the hard work put in by you and your team. I just want one clarification if you could advise:

1. Is the Default kernel included with the version 1.4 contains the SDS fix?
2. Are new Mali drivers merged?

Many Thanks !!

1. Im not quite sure what the SDS fix is but if its a patch CM used in theirs then yes.
2. The new mali drivers are merged and my god are graphics sexy (and glitch/nmemory leak free ^_^ )

Reactions: zadusimple

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features
    Simply stated, we can't really list features here. There are too many and they change too frequently, and we now support a truly insane number of devices. Chances are, if you like a feature, we have it already. Seriously.

Screenshots

screen1s.jpg
    screen2s.jpg
    screen3s.jpg

screen4s.jpg
    screen5s.jpg
    screen6s.jpg

screen7s.jpg
    screen8s.jpg
    screen9s.jpg

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our goo.im page.

Both nightly and release builds are available. Please note that nightlies are for development purposes. This means that they may not work properly, may not flash, may not build for days at a time, and will probably eat your cat. If you flash these, know what you're doing, have backups, and don't complain when something happens. It's on you!

http://carbon-rom.com

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Change Log

You can also find a changelog in Settings->Carbon->About Carbon

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Andros11

BigShotRob

Bionic Beast

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

winner00

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Hey everybody! So we decided to make an actual CarbonDev account and post useful information about the rom through this account instead of our personal accounts, you know, so we seem professional and whatnot.We are also in the process of changing the OP's to this account so they don't say 1.6 anymore lol. We have contacted xda and are waiting for that to get done, all in good time. We hope this change will make everything a bit easier for you, our precious users, but also for us in a logistical sense. We try to do everything possible to make Carbon user friendly and to meet the needs of the majority and hopefully this will help us maintain that goal. Anyways, back to work! Peace.
    Hello Carboneers,

I'm Andros, the new maintainer for the i9300.
    I leave you all with this:

Carbon 4.3 Alpha build

You will need 4.3 gapps with it.. I'm using PA's and everything is great
    Re: [ROM][AOSP][GCC 4.7/-O3] CarbonRom 1.6 JB 4.2.2 [i9300] » Mar 29

Yup, you're absolutely right! But to choose between either of them (voodoo at its current state vs Boeffla), I'd rather go with Boeffla's, which is under active development.

Andrei (creator of the Perseus kernel) has worked on the Boeffla Sound engine and seemed pretty stable and tunable IMHO. Why not try that implementation?

Yes, all of these implementations do have their bugs, but my point is that at the least, Boeffla's sound engine is under active development, either by Andi P, or the forked version by Andrei.

Gokhan's was a renamed implementation of voodoo + several bug fixes + tunable from STweaks. It has a lot of bugs, and doesn't seem to be under active development (the sound engine will probably never be).

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

Didn't know this, thought that GCC in general was a Google default tool chain and different from Linaro. But now that you mention it "-O3" signifies Linaro optimizations added to the tool chain right?

The OP shows "GCC 4.7/-O3", does this mean only parts of the ROM are Linaro coded? I think I'm just over-analyzing this... heh...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Bernard (of linaro) manages googles toolchains and has now for at least a year the only major difference between googles 4.7 toolchain and linaros is that googles tends to score higher in benchmarks (on our ROM using our cflags) Googles toolchain is actually about 3 commits ahead of the official linaro last I checked.... Long story short linaros a big buzzword and in terms of actual application googles toolchain (designed by linaros` own Bernhard R) is ~ nearly the same if not a touch more android focused....hope this helps you gain a clearer understanding... Once we saw that googles tool chain was edging the `official` linaro TC in benchmarks we decided to make the switch...We've compiled the smdk4412 kernel and ROM with linaro GCC 4.8 but we feel that its not quite ready for primetime...assuming Google doesn't merge gcc 4.8 before we stabilize the 4.8 builds expect to see us switch back to `linaro official` when we make the jump. Also, we compile the entire i9300 ROM and kernel with 4.7 / -O3

we willl have 1.5 soon.. 1-2days max