Sliding Input as Keyboard (SlideIT, Swype, ShapeWriter)

Search This thread

SteWithPDA

Sep 27, 2007
Hello,

I am looking for a replacement of the build in sw keyboard for my HD2. I liked the idea of sliding over the keyboards.

I found different sliding keyboards - the funny thing is that every company writes something about "patents" and unique :)

I tried already SlideIT and ShapeWriter, because both are available for testing. But it seems that swype is not available. I suppose it should just be bundled with pdas (e.g. omnia 2)

Now my questions:
- Are there other solutions available?

- How are the chances to have Swype on the HD2?

- I have stability problems with SlideIT on my HD2
(e.g. the screen area for SlideIT are not correctly drawn, and keeps
destroyd...)

Is there someone running SlideIT on the HD2 without problems?

Any other notes are welcome...

Best regards,

stefan

Links:

SlideIT (from dasur)
http://www.mobiletextinput.com/

ShapeWriter:
http://www.shapewriter.com/

Swype
http://www.swypeinc.com/

_scuzzy_

Nov 22, 2009
I contacted Dsaur (SlideIT) yesterday ; below is a section of the emai I sent .

"I have stumbled on a problem, whilst trying to use my phone horazontaly in Opera or tryng to text message the SlideIT keyboard does not function correctly do you have a fix inplace for this?

At the moment this is the only thing stopping me making a purchase.

Many Thanks "

==> This is there reply !!

"Yes we will fix this bug and it will be corrected in our next demo release soon (about 2 weeks). Regards

Daniel"

I cant wait I really do like this Keyboard

Scuzzy

-NRG-

Sep 29, 2009
Anyone got it to work an an non english rom? I have a Dutch HTC HD2 and it doesn't work..

-NRG-

Sep 29, 2009
Thanks, it works now. Good to know!
All though i didn't find it as useful as i hoped.

A

aghnokneemoose

SlideIT

I purchased the slide it keyboard. I fell in love with it from the start. It is working without problems on my HD2. I have noticed the same problem, mentioned earlier, about the landscape typing. It works, but it doesnt look right.

It has increased my text speed at least 50%! It doesn't play well with entering usernames and passwords, however. I find myself changing back to touch input for this.

shu8i

Nov 4, 2009
New Jersey
is there any way to get GERMAN DICTIONARY for swype? because i've only spanisch and english

Last edited:

methree

Nov 17, 2009
Swype is pretty interesting... I find myself giggling inside a little every time I *swype* a long word. :D

aussiebum

Dec 5, 2008
Yeah, Swype is pretty good from initial impressions. I've tried slide-it, shapewriter and I find swype's keyboard to be laid out the best (in terms of straight typing and not swiping).

arturobandini

Sep 23, 2008
Paris
Amazing :)

I tried SlideIT. It's ok, but I don't like the design and it does not support landscape. That's a deal breaker.

Swipe is my favorite: good design, fast. Unfortunately it's only in Spanish and English....

I am not satisfied with ShapeWriter. It did not recognise most of the words and is only avalaible in Qwerty.

Last edited:

evenmark

Nov 29, 2009
I have WWE 1.43

Why doesn't it work for me?

Its installed in root/Program Files/

I can go to settings > personal > input and its there, but whenever i choose it, it automatically goes back to the default htc keyboard.

kuzibri

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 25, 2008
Installed th .CAB file that already puts the program in root\program files, but it does not work om my HD2. The only thing I see after enabling Swype, is a black square that fills up the left half of the screen. I'm using Dutch ROM 1.43. Any ideas/suggestions how to get it to work?
regards, Kuzibri

OK, after downloading the .CAB file from different sources, I got it working. First impression: Not much difference with SlideIT, but can be judged only when there is a Dutch dict for Swype. Anyone?

Last edited:

arturobandini

Sep 23, 2008
Paris
Now I have this error message with SlideIT:

(3)missing lang data!!!

What can I do? Impossible to uninstall/install the cab.