[ROM][InDev] Help Wanted Custom ROM Option for SGH-I857

What is easier to build from the getgo for a Froyo device?

• Gingerbread Compatable Kernel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clockworkmod Recovery

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Cyanogenmod Froyo

• Cyanogenmod Gingerbread

• Total voters
Search This thread
There is our problem, this phone has a firmware problem i guess, cause it doesn't flash anything, I've noticed this already.

There is a way to flash to it. I soft bricked my DoubleTime once and I played dumb to the AT&T store and they flash stock firmware to it.

If I had to make an assumption, I would say they used Odin. I'm just not sure which version, or if they even used the same firmware image as us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

migui0401

Jul 30, 2013
Miami, Fl.
androidmatz.blogspot.com
There is a way to flash to it. I soft bricked my DoubleTime once and I played dumb to the AT&T store and they flash stock firmware to it.

If I had to make an assumption, I would say they used Odin. I'm just not sure which version, or if they even used the same firmware image as us.

There is not other way to flash the device, Just kies. This means there is a possibility to flash it! Could you make a research to know which tool they used to flash it?

There is not other way to flash the device, Just kies. This means there is a possibility to flash it! Could you make a research to know which tool they used to flash it?

I actually can't even get Kies to work unfortunately. I could just walk up and ask them, but I'd doubt they'd tell me. We could also try Hiemdall;it might even be easier.

Last edited:

migui0401

Jul 30, 2013
Miami, Fl.
androidmatz.blogspot.com
I actually can't even get Kies to work unfortunately. I could just walk up and ask them, but I'd doubt they'd tell me. We could also try Hiemdall;it might even be easier.

I haven't tried it, even seen it. I've always used odin to flash, restore and make money ;) but we don't have anything to lose. And you don't lose anything asking them :laugh:

Last edited:
First off I'd like to apologize for the time this has been taking but I've taken apart my hard-bricked DoubleTime and I've compiled a list of all of the parts inside:

CPU: Qual MSM7227
Cellular Radio/GPS: Qualcomm RTR6285
Wi-Fi: Atheros 6003G-AC2B
Power Management IC: Samsung MAX8899G
Audio: Audience A1026A0F
Bluetooth: Broadcom BCM2070
Charging IC: Samsung 9280a
eMMC: Samsung KAT007012C

This is different than what some sites have said were inside but this is good because this means the DT is similar to the Samsung Galaxy Ace, so we can look at that code to help build a recovery and we can make a Froyo ROM using some copy-paste magic.

migui0401

Jul 30, 2013
Miami, Fl.
androidmatz.blogspot.com
First off I'd like to apologize for the time this has been taking but I've taken apart my hard-bricked DoubleTime and I've compiled a list of all of the parts inside:

CPU: Qual MSM7227
Cellular Radio/GPS: Qualcomm RTR6285
Wi-Fi: Atheros 6003G-AC2B
Power Management IC: Samsung MAX8899G
Audio: Audience A1026A0F
Bluetooth: Broadcom BCM2070
Charging IC: Samsung 9280a
eMMC: Samsung KAT007012C

This is different than what some sites have said were inside but this is good because this means the DT is similar to the Samsung Galaxy Ace, so we can look at that code to help build a recovery and we can make a Froyo ROM using some copy-paste magic.

Hey man! Have you followed this? I still have my DoubleTime. Give me good news :fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So far all I got is a plan. Although I do have a recovery.img of CWM 6 from the Clockworkmod builder but the issue is it might not even work. Also as of right now I haven't found a way to flash anything to the DoubleTime. Although I have a theory that Odin on Windows XP might work. If you know anyways of flashing that are universal or something I'm all ears.

Can you create a flashable zip file for flashing via stock recovery, i mean a recovery which just opens flashing it everytime you need it, there some like this.
    How much experience at Android hacking do you have?
    I'm not a great here just like the contributors or reconigzed, but I can do something, do you need help?
    Well no better way to learn than hands on and on your own... Good luck! I have one of these worthless phones laying around to give to my youngest girl 6. It's just sucks it's stick on Froyo 2.2

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Well it finally feels nice to know what your doing! While going file by file through the phones system directory might do it, I can't deny that I may have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. So with that lovely feeling in my heart I will be finding each of the parts inside of the DoubleTime and will looking at other phones that have those same parts and copy the blobs specific for them over to the github page I made. Anything that's on the DoubleTime but not in the blobs that I copied I'll put in a miscellaneous section in the vendor-blobs.mk file. So far here is what I know we'll need part wise, and what I know part wise.

List o' part we might need (totally could be wrong):
    Bluetooth: ???
    Wi-Fi: ???
    Camera: ???
    Sensors: ???
    Audio: ???
    Graphics: Qualcomm Aderno 205
    GSM: ???
    GPS: ???
    Media: ???
    DRM: ???
    DSP: ???
    USB: ???

The chipset is a Qualcomm MSM7230, looking at apps that gather information about the device I've come to the conclusion that the phone is running on an extremely generic Android build and is not even really optimized for the devices hardware. The phone seems to think that it has an ARMv6 processor while in fact it has a v7.

That adds to my other phone binary preference. Add anything you thing might be helpful! I'm a total noob at this and I need all the help I can get. :|

I have this phone and would like a little of hacking on it. Have you gotten anything?
    I've heard about that but I'm not sure if a stock recovery can flash a recovery on itself.
    Besides a recovery.img that we know will work is needed for that and well... we don't really have one. :(

Being a noob I'm not sure how much is testable before flashing but I believe that those binary files are going to be needed. Do we just need the vendor-blobs.mk file to copy everything in system/lib, system/bin and system/etc directories?

Search for guide for creating the flashable zip, this is the better way to get a fast recovery working in any device, about the vendor-blobs.mk, i have not tried to create a recovery, so i can't help.