Lost my bootanimation and backup doesn't work :/

Search This thread

megavigore

Jun 24, 2014
Hey everyone !First, sorry for my english, I'm french...

I post here because I have a little problem with my rooted Xperia Z1 C6903 (Android 4.4.2 / build 14.3.A.0.761).

I've made a bootanimation and it work perfectly with Bootanimation Viewer, so, I've put it in "system/media" with that name "bootanimation.zip".

I restart my phone and I see the default android bootanimation. '-'
So, I keep the backup and I put it again, I restart again my phone but the default bootanimation continue to appear ! xD

I've tried to install an other bootanimation with Bootanimation Changer app but it doesn't work too.

So I'm lost T_T
Thanks in advance for your help !

megavigore

Jun 24, 2014
Ok, I have make a blank line at the end and change permission of the zip file and...
My screen going black for infinite time xD
I've use Recovery and my phone work again, but without the bootanimation :/

Here my desc.txt file :

Code:
1080 1920 21
p 42 0 part0
p 0 0 part2

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
If you meant that you saw Sony logo on screen (default android bootanimation) that's kernel animation and you can change that animation only if you edit kernel.

Your animation isn't show, why?
Who knows...

BTW...
Why don't you have par 1 (first part) and part 0 (for a loop)?

Second thing - you have set right permissions for bootanimation?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

megavigore

Jun 24, 2014
If you meant that you saw Sony logo on screen (default android bootanimation) that's kernel animation and you can change that animation only if you edit kernel.

Your animation isn't show, why?
Who knows...

BTW...
Why don't you have par 1 (first part) and part 0 (for a loop)?

Second thing - you have set right permissions for bootanimation?

The part1 is useless, I keep it for later and I talk about the default "android" bootanimation I talk about that :

t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSplaluRaHe1JM2Z9eUQLLk19_RwAvdOu-o_aJWo543ucQbl69vUNhfphhIJQ
(add http at the begin, I can't post url)
And it's only my bootanimation who doesn't work, the other work fine and I don't know why :/

I set the right permissions because when I put an other bootanimation with the same permission of my bootanimation, it work.

Tanks for your answer ;)

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
The part1 is useless, I keep it for later and I talk about the default "android" bootanimation I talk about that :

t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSplaluRaHe1JM2Z9eUQLLk19_RwAvdOu-o_aJWo543ucQbl69vUNhfphhIJQ
And it's only my bootanimation who doesn't work, the other work fine and I don't know why :/

I set the right permissions because when I put an other bootanimation with the same permission of my bootanimation, it work.

Tanks for your answer ;)

If you see that part (from the pict) that could mean you see only one part of animation.

That could be desc file problem.
Try to use bootanimation that already worked for you.
Add your files in it (your pngs) IN STORAGE MODE) and see what's happening.

You have great tool - bootanimation creator - use tools like that.

Most animatuon won't work if you just created zip and folders in it...
There are nice tool for animations all iver Internet and they will do dirty job for you.

I created few animations with bootanimation creator, I extracted picts from Adobe After Effects video that I created and that tool made perfect bootanimation...
There was thousands of pngs and if that went well I'm sure it will help here too...

First part of desc say -
Show this image for 42 times
Second part is saying -
Loop this folder

That should be OK...

Try to set and play with fps, try to set 24 or higher and see what's happening.

One tip -
Find one flashable bootanimation and put it on sdcard.
That way if anything goes wrong, just go to recovery and flash that animation instead of long system recovery ;)

One of my animation for Z1 (don't use one from OP on Z2 - it won't work, use one from last few pages)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2673821

I'm using desc in this way
a7uveje8.jpg

Part 1 and part 0 and that's it.

If you have statics pict that you want to show xy of times that ok, you can write "42" (in your case) but pngs are 200-400kb so you can try to copy it and have 42 files and then use desc like this one from pict (above)...

Last edited:
Reactions: megavigore

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Make sure you use "storage" as your compression method when adding files to the .zip.

If you use any kind of compression the bootanimation will not work

Tanks for your answer ;)

If you see that part (from the pict) that could mean you see only one part of animation.

That could be desc file problem.
    Try to use bootanimation that already worked for you.
    Add your files in it (your pngs) IN STORAGE MODE) and see what's happening.

You have great tool - bootanimation creator - use tools like that.

Most animatuon won't work if you just created zip and folders in it...
    There are nice tool for animations all iver Internet and they will do dirty job for you.

I created few animations with bootanimation creator, I extracted picts from Adobe After Effects video that I created and that tool made perfect bootanimation...
    There was thousands of pngs and if that went well I'm sure it will help here too...

First part of desc say -
    Show this image for 42 times
    Second part is saying -
    Loop this folder

That should be OK...

Try to set and play with fps, try to set 24 or higher and see what's happening.

One tip -
    Find one flashable bootanimation and put it on sdcard.
    That way if anything goes wrong, just go to recovery and flash that animation instead of long system recovery ;)

One of my animation for Z1 (don't use one from OP on Z2 - it won't work, use one from last few pages)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2673821

I'm using desc in this way
    a7uveje8.jpg

Part 1 and part 0 and that's it.

If you have statics pict that you want to show xy of times that ok, you can write "42" (in your case) but pngs are 200-400kb so you can try to copy it and have 42 files and then use desc like this one from pict (above)...