Emulators that can run on the Dash (working emulator compilation)

Search This thread

DanITman

Feb 16, 2006
I've tried a couple as well, the only one I can get to work is Pocket Nester. The only problem is the resolution looks like crap and I won't work well with the Dash.

I also Tried PocketNester Plus with not luck.

xer099

Dec 5, 2005
Hi PoNeH,

I also posted to your thread on MoDaCo....

I sort of have AvAlon5's version of smartsnes working on my dash. However, the image does not display properly. The screen is cutoff on the right and wraps around on the left. I've heard this works for the Q, because the Q uses a funky version of GAPI for backwards compatibility with old software.

I've posted a request to AvAlon5, asking to update with support for QVGA landscape like in the dash.
see this thread
http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=243520&st=20&gopid=784084&#entry784084
you can also get his software close to the beginning of the thread.

Perhaps someone here on xda-developers can help with some sort of GAPI wrapper to get programs not designed for landscape displays to work on the dash. anyone???

xer099

Dec 5, 2005
besides the display problem, it ran great. i had auto-frameskip on, and it ran at full speed with sound WITHOUT overclocking. controls are as expected for snes, keys are configurable, and multi button press is no problem.

cwsocha

Nov 14, 2006
Emulator list and setup

There is a good step-by-step tutorial for setting up the emulators for the Dash located Here. It has a link as well to PicoDrive which is cool. I haven't tested all of them, but PocketNester seems to work well for me.

Cable

Jan 24, 2007
Enlightenment

So, are there any working emulators out there for the Dash? I have been lurking on qusers.com and saw that a lot of people have been getting NES, SNES, and GB emulators to work well with their Q but I haven't been able to get it working on the Dash. Any ideas?

http://www.qusers.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=13

Here are the answers to most of the questions that are asked on this forum:

http://surrealnetworks.com/mpx/DashApps.htm

I use the Pocket NESter Plus all the time with my Dash.

travisc

Sep 30, 2007
PocketSNES, anyone get this to work?

I downloaded the 1.52 version from modaco... installed the .dll in the first post also...

When I try to open a rom... the screen flashes to black, closes pocketsnes, and returns to file explorer.

travisc

Sep 30, 2007
I do use pocketnester... but that's for NES, not SNES.

It won't let me select "Portrait", i tried that... the only display setting it will move to, is the one already selected Landscape Left? i think.

surfing10

Aug 7, 2007
I try to use the PocketSNES and I've got the same error.
When I load the ROM the screen goes blank and then return to file explorer.

Anyone?

travisc

Sep 30, 2007
Yea, i got it to work... have to go into the settings, and set it for Portrait... you have to press the RIGHT button to change it to portrait, UP & DOWN doesn't change it... sound didn't work, and the left side of my screen was cut off.

surfing10

Aug 7, 2007
Sorry for bring this problem back again.. but anyone can help me with PocketSnes?
When I load a ROM the screen freeze and I have to close it with Task Manager.