[6-26-09]Outlook Email Scheduler 1.0.2beta--New Imap Idle Service!!

Search This thread

mjg7876

Sep 16, 2008
Kansas
www.gudensoft.com
6/26/09
Lots of fixes, see Here for info

6/19/09
New Version
Complete rewrite

5/5/09
Updated the installer, and fixed some very minor bugs

5/4/09
New Version, read more about it HERE
-added polling to IMAP
-updated SSL code to hopfully fix the random lockups
-took a shot at fixing the CPU usage problem being reported, doubtful it worked though

4/10/2009
GMail is now supported, read more about it HERE

3/2/2009
New version, which now has IMAP IDLE support. This is truely a beta release and I need testers so I can support as many server types as possible. Please read and download HERE

Thanks
Gudy

Email Scheduler .72beta

.72beta(5/4/09)
-added polling to IMAP
-updated SSL code to hopfully fix the random lockups
-took a shot at fixing the CPU usage problem being reported, doubtful it worked though

.71beta(4/10/2009)
added gmail support

.70beta(3/2/2009)
added IMAP IDLE (.65beta)
fixed Exchange Server errors
added a default week setting, so it won't goof if you don't set it (.65beta)
added more server status messages, to monitor server connection status

.60beta (12/8/2008)
added settings being read back in if they exist.
fixed a few small code bugs that I don't think anyone saw.

.56beta
fixed weekends not working
fixed a registry error
minor code improvements

.55beta Notes
Fixed/Added VGA support
Fixed 24 hour bug
Added Weekend settings options
Compiled againest .net 2.0
Others (see my post here)

Email Scheduler is just that, an email scheduler. You know how exchange accounts (ie ActiveSync) are able to have a daily schedule to download messages and regular POP and IMAP accounts can't (ie, stop polling at 9pm and start back up at 7am)? This fixes all that and does so without having a constantly running program to do so. Read more about at the link below:

Download Here​

Please try it out, I have only tested it on my Titan, but should work on any Windows Mobile Professional Device with the .net framework 2.0. I have not tested it on standard devices (ie no touchscreens) but would think it would work just fine. Feedback is encouraged.

Thanks!

Last edited:

rkrasny

Nov 22, 2007
?

How does this differ from the "scheduler" within outlook/messaging that allows one to configure how often a pop3 server should be queried for new email?

I know gmail can be setup as a pop3 account (or imap with additional PPC software or an android).

Is this only for gmail and/or yahoo?

Thanks

RK

mjg7876

Sep 16, 2008
Kansas
www.gudensoft.com
How does this differ from the "scheduler" within outlook/messaging that allows one to configure how often a pop3 server should be queried for new email?

I know gmail can be setup as a pop3 account (or imap with additional PPC software or an android).

Is this only for gmail and/or yahoo?

Thanks

RK
The one that is built in does not allow it to turn off at say 9 pm and turn back on at 7am in the morning. This allows you to set times to change those settings inside outlook. And no, ALL POP/IMAP email accounts are supported, those two in the screenshot are just demo accounts. The program pulls all the account information from pocket outlook automatically, no need to type in the info, just select the times you want to change the settings, and to what settings you want it set to. I hope this makes sense.

fmg9800

Dec 29, 2006
Minnesota
GREAT APP!

Didn't mean to shout but I really think this app has merit. Would think that battery life should improve as well. I always wondered why only Exchange had something like this. WTG.

devdarshan

Apr 10, 2005
London
One great feature that I would like to see is to :

select which method of connection to use Wifi, Activesync or GPS and shedule the application to connect based on that setting and download.

For example, if at home - i should be able to connect to Wifi and download emails....

when driving - use GPS/3G whatever

when out for lunch - again same

back home - switch again to Wifi and download...

wishful thinking?

mjg7876

Sep 16, 2008
Kansas
www.gudensoft.com
The only way "I" can think of to achieve the connection management like you want would be to disable certain ones at certain times. I have played with this idea before, and from what I can remember, the OS doesn't force a connection on an app, the app picks it from what's avail. In other words, in this program, wishful thinking is correct ;)

shaggylive

Feb 25, 2008
good call, I've been waiting for something like this. can't wait to not hear emails all night..

yclee

Jun 29, 2007
For users without the newest .NET framework

Is it possible to compile a version that does not need the lastest .NET framework?

It is overkill in memory to install .NET 3.5 just for this nice program.

mjg7876

Sep 16, 2008
Kansas
www.gudensoft.com
Is it possible to compile a version that does not need the lastest .NET framework?

It is overkill in memory to install .NET 3.5 just for this nice program.
I'd have to go through it and look, but would think I could get it to run on 2.0. I know I would have to change some as I use LINQ for some of the xml provisioning, but it could be changed if enough people needed this changed. Anyone else have this same issue?

GJetson

Oct 24, 2008
This rocks! only one problem, woke up to an error message, I should have taken a screeny but closed it before I could. Something like "can't execute blah blah email scheduler.exe" or something.

rkrasny

Nov 22, 2007
The one that is built in does not allow it to turn off at say 9 pm and turn back on at 7am in the morning. This allows you to set times to change those settings inside outlook. And no, ALL POP/IMAP email accounts are supported, those two in the screenshot are just demo accounts. The program pulls all the account information from pocket outlook automatically, no need to type in the info, just select the times you want to change the settings, and to what settings you want it set to. I hope this makes sense.

That makes a lot of sense. I'll give it a try. Thanks very much for this!

RK

mjg7876

Sep 16, 2008
Kansas
www.gudensoft.com
link works for me.

By the way, the error message is wierd as it still worked like it should even though there was the error. I wonder if it was somthing I did?
Not sure what the error would be about, if it happens again, let me know exactly what it says. The link to the website works fine for me, but since there have been 2 people say it is down, I will check the logs for a reason.

Thanks

LordDeath

Nov 30, 2006
Two problems:

If the device is set to the 24h time display your application still shows them in the 12h format. But this time withouth any AM or PM. Without the screenshots in the first post I would not know, if the default times are AM or PM.

The other problem has to do with the weekends. I set the start time to 6:30 and the end time to 22:00. But in the weekend I don't want to hear new mails that early. Can you do something against this please? What about two start and end times? One for working days, and one for the weekend.

edit:
Third bug: After an uninstall the application leaves the "\Program Files\Email Scheduler Setup\EmailSchedulerService.exe" entry in the notification queue.

Last edited:

mjg7876

Sep 16, 2008
Kansas
www.gudensoft.com
Two problems:

If the device is set to the 24h time display your application still shows them in the 12h format. But this time withouth any AM or PM. Without the screenshots in the first post I would not know, if the default times are AM or PM.

The other problem has to do with the weekends. I set the start time to 6:30 and the end time to 22:00. But in the weekend I don't want to hear new mails that early. Can you do something against this please? What about two start and end times? One for working days, and one for the weekend.

edit:
Third bug: After an uninstall the application leaves the "\Program Files\Email Scheduler Setup\EmailSchedulerService.exe" entry in the notification queue.
Thanks LordDeath, Never would have thought about the 24 hour clock issue, I will look at it, should be a simple fix. I love the weekend idea, don't know why I didn't include it in to begin with, but is something that needs to be there. I like your idea of 2 different settings, one for weekdays, one for weekends. I might try and make is selectable like it is in activesync. as far as the uninstall issue, I am affraid that there isn't much I can do about it. The good news is that it will only error out once, and never again. I will look into a solution for this, but not sure anything can be done (other than forceing a soft restart).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have been looking for this for years!

Thanks, downloading now.