Coming from Legend to Desire...

Search This thread

matt246

May 29, 2010
Ok so I got a legend, freakin cool phone. Had the opportunity to upgrade to desire for free so of course I took it. Now don't get me wrong, of course the desire is a 'better' phone, but I cannot help but notice that build is soooo much better on the legend. Now most of you will say of course, it is aluminum, but it's not just that.

1) Probably the most annoying, the screen on the legend destroys the desire. It shouldn't on paper, but believe me it does. The pentile matrix vs no pentile matrix is abundantly clear.

2) I am terrified of dust getting under the screen because i can see the gap between the screen and phone and am constantly making sure I clear dust from it. On the legend the screen is sealed to the side of the phone.

3) Well obviously the materials aren't as nice, but I knew that would be the case in making the change so that one does not really count.

That being said, the desire is a powerful beast and I am looking forward to Froyo.

These might be interesting points to someone tossing up between the two phones. The legend was also blazingly quick, and unless you want to play the latest 3d games, it is probably fast enough for you. Still not sure if I did the right thing upgrading!

nomad4ever

If they update the Legend to Froyo 2.2, it will be my perfect phone for a long while. Am just digging the form factor and the alu body. The speed is already now sufficient for me, improved JIT performance is surely nice to have - but putting Apps to SD card is THE k.o. criteria.

Right now, after installing 40+ apps, the internal memory is full, but my 8 GB card is only utilized by docs and media files. Changing that will make it somewhat future-proof in my eyes. ;-)

Timothye

Dec 26, 2009
Roslagen/Skärgård
HI .
i was tihnking about trading in my Legend for the Desire . but i havent had time to do it , and i am not really sure i want to do it .
with your words ,i think i might just stay with the legend for a while longer .
2.2 will come to the Legend .
as for now it IS ( Legend ) the BEST mobil i have ever had in my pocket !
and Android is just an Unreal OS .

I had the HD2 on release day here in Sweden .After having it for less than 1½ months i had to return it for another because it was defective .
I received another one . with the new one, it was defective after 3½ months . i went back and said enough is enough , i want Android !!
that was the best choice i have even made , i was awarded the Legend with 2.1 .

Cheers
/T

zbrinski

Oct 21, 2008
HI .
i was tihnking about trading in my Legend for the Desire . but i havent had time to do it , and i am not really sure i want to do it .
with your words ,i think i might just stay with the legend for a while longer .
2.2 will come to the Legend .
as for now it IS ( Legend ) the BEST mobil i have ever had in my pocket !
and Android is just an Unreal OS .

I had the HD2 on release day here in Sweden .After having it for less than 1½ months i had to return it for another because it was defective .
I received another one . with the new one, it was defective after 3½ months . i went back and said enough is enough , i want Android !!
that was the best choice i have even made , i was awarded the Legend with 2.1 .

Cheers
/T

I think you were lucky that both of your HD2 broke, otherwise you wouldn't get to know Android and the great Legend.

Cs

stex_80

Feb 11, 2010
I'm completely agree with NOMAD4EVER, i passed from iphone to htc touch pro, from this to legend, for me is the best device, performance like iphone and functionality like wm.
In finally my legend & android are the best, with froyo i hope better !

matt246

May 29, 2010
hmmmmmm still undecided whether to go back to legend. did like the small form factor and superior build. arrrrgh gotta decide next 2 days to still be withing return period

dryspuri

Oct 15, 2009
Chennai
hmmmmmm still undecided whether to go back to legend. did like the small form factor and superior build. arrrrgh gotta decide next 2 days to still be withing return period

Desire is definitely superior in terms of hardware!!
but designwise legend in unique. what we can advise u?

but u know what!!! desire is favorite of developers & if u r in to flashing ROMS then stick with desire!!

matt246

May 29, 2010
Hey I have only gone through my battery twice on desire so it will probably even get a bit better than it is now. Battery life on the desire is a little bit less than legend, but not as much as I thought it would be :)

matt246

May 29, 2010
All right, have decided to keep the desire. Although this is probably more down to laziness than an actual well thought out decision. But if I decide I really want the legend then I can always sell the desire. Might do that if legend actually gets 2.2

matt246

May 29, 2010
Ok little bit of an update, just managed to get my desire side by side with my friends legend.

The colors on the legend look so washed out next to the desire! Doesn't even seem AOMED. In my memory legend screen was so much better but next to desire it did not compare.

Also legend felt pretty slow after using the desire for 2 weeks.

So in my opinion, the legend only wins out on form factor now. Glad I kept my desire, enjoying all the custom roms that are coming out!