[Q] problem with S-Off 2.2.1 PC49IMG.zip

Search This thread

poinu

May 5, 2011
Hi, I have a S-Off'd Wildfire (done with XTC-Clip) in version 2.2.1 and I asked a user from this forum how could I root. He answered me with this message:

Code:
hi poinu glad you managed S-off now you can put on any rom you want.
first you must get a custom recovery on your machine I use ClockworkMod 3.0.0.6
this should be fine to flash cyanogenmod7.
here is the file to it (http ://www . mediafire . com /?i09yp4r7odhlzws)
put this PC49IMG.zip on the root of your sd card. (not in a folder)
put the cyanogenmod update zip also on your sd card.
Reboot your phone into Hboot Mode by pressing Volume Down and Power.
It will now ask if you want to update the firmware select Volume Up for Yes.
wenn its done remove thePC49IMG.zip from your sd card.
Reboot your phone into Hboot Mode again. 
it will look for the PC49IMG.zip again let that finish and ignore. 
Then go with volume down to recovery and push power button, clockwordmod will start.
Do a wipe cache partition, wipe data/factory reset and under advanced wipe Dalvik cache.
go to install zip from sdcard / choose zip from sd card and choose your cyanogen mod update zip and install.
reboot wen finished don't worry if it takes some time first reboot always is slower.
hope i helped you enjoy your mod.
kind regards ab65

I've downloaded the PC49IMG.zip file and copied at the root next to the cm7.zip file (picture: http : //i55 . tinypic . com/ egai5s. png) but when I enter the HBOOT and looks for the PC49IMG.zip file, it finds nothing :( (and yes, the file is PC49IMG.zip not PC49IMG.zip.zip, I've already checked this :p)

I don`t know what I have done wrong (I have done nearly anything!) any ideas?

Thank you very much for having a look on the threat :D

B

bx19

here is what i suggest simply,
***** Ur memory card must be formatted with fat32 partition before doing this.......

go to this link and download the attached file at the bottom PC49IMG.ZIP
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12188132&postcount=15

Since security flag is turned of (by xtc clip) , the recovery partition is no longer protected. U can install custom recovery without any exploits. That downloaded PC49IMG.ZIP file is nothing but "ClockworkMod Custom Recovery". Put it in the root of the memory card (fat32). Then go to hboot menu. It definately finds the file and prompts u to install. Go with it. At the end u will have custom recovery.

then u can install custom roms. Custom roms will be packed in zip files and can be installed from recovery menu. Its not needed to put the custom rom zip file only in the root of memory card. And the most important thing is, remember to clear data/factory reset and clear cache (both done frm recovery menu) before installing a custom rom. Thats all

Last edited:

poinu

May 5, 2011
Oh god, i didn`t know that.... succesfully done :D

but now... there's another problem, I installed the CyanogenMod7 and there are some things that I pretty dislike and I would like to install another ROM I have (it's a 2.2.1 rooted ROM) and I tried to do what I did to install the CM7 but when I installed it from the recovery this error message appeared:

"Installing update...
Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.
Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5. It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery.
Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.
Installation aborted."

Is it really possible to root this ROM or do I have to stay in the CM7? :S
Any suggestion? Thank you very much for the support :D

B

bx19

Oh god, i didn`t know that.... succesfully done :D

but now... there's another problem, I installed the CyanogenMod7 and there are some things that I pretty dislike and I would like to install another ROM I have (it's a 2.2.1 rooted ROM) and I tried to do what I did to install the CM7 but when I installed it from the recovery this error message appeared:

"Installing update...
Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.
Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5. It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery.
Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.
Installation aborted."

Is it really possible to root this ROM or do I have to stay in the CM7? :S
Any suggestion? Thank you very much for the support :D

CLockworkmod 3 is a must for the gingerbread CM7 roms.
And clockworkmod3 recovery will not support "amend - scripting"

What u need to do is, to install the CM7 custom rom. Then install "Rom Manager" from market. Then use a different version of clockworkmod (downgrade to 2.5 version or try different versions). Then reboot to recovery from Rom manager itself. Then try to install the 2.2.1 rooted rom. It should work. If u have any issues with installing custom roms, then try different version of clockworkmod recovery (from Rom Manager). That's all.

explanation: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=897026

Last edited:

diarmaid

Aug 10, 2010
I done the Alpharev s-off method but now when I try to install CM7 from CWM 3.0.0.6 it get stuck on "Installing update"

Any ideas?

diarmaid

Aug 10, 2010
I upgraded to cwm4 and it worked perfectly.
That was a close one, it was a birthday present for the missus and i finally got it working on the morning of the birthday

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA App