The New Yorker app apk for Kindle Fire

Search This thread

JOEyGADGET

Jan 10, 2011
Philadelphia
Anyone have (or willing to download the free) The New Yorker app apk for Kindle Fire from Amazon App Store? The app only shows up on Kindle Fire devices and I returned mine for a Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus and forgot to backup the latest New Yorker apk. Would be so grateful if someone could download the latest and post the apk (it works fine on the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, I just don't have the apk). Thanks in advance, JG

P.S. Next Issue has an edition of The New Yorker for the GT 7.0 Plus however when I enter my print subscription info it only allows downloading of last three issues, whereas the Kindle Fire edition allows download of all issue from the date the app was first made available (Oct 2010).

bowenac

Nov 6, 2011
Give me a second and I will do this for you...

EDIT: it's not showing up on mine either, I can browse to it from the new yorker website, but says it is not compatible with my kindle fire...

Last edited:

bgymn2000

Jan 10, 2012
Try adding it from the amazon website first and then seeing if it shows up on device. I would also really appreciate it if someone uploaded the new yorker apk.

Last edited:

bowenac

Nov 6, 2011
I am loading a restore of stock... so I can get it for you guys. Send me a pm with your email or something so I can send it to you. I am not sure if I am allowed to post a link to it on my server or something, or attach it or how that would work...

If I could get the ok from someone saying it is ok to upload it here then sure...

Ok it is free so shouldn't be a problem... If it is remove it and sorry. Let me know if that works.

Attachments

• TheNewYorker_2.2.0.0.34183.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 732
Last edited:

JOEyGADGET

Jan 10, 2011
Philadelphia
You rock, Bowenac.

Update: No luck signing in as it turns out that's the same backed up version I found a backup of on Dropbox - but you still rock, bowenac!

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bgymn2000

Jan 10, 2012
Thanks.

Why would you have problems signing in if you didn't before? I had no trouble signing in.

JOEyGADGET

Jan 10, 2011
Philadelphia
Upload newest version of New Yorker apk 2.2.0.11.37111?

I am loading a restore of stock... so I can get it for you guys. Send me a pm with your email or something so I can send it to you. I am not sure if I am allowed to post a link to it on my server or something, or attach it or how that would work...

If I could get the ok from someone saying it is ok to upload it here then sure...

Ok it is free so shouldn't be a problem... If it is remove it and sorry. Let me know if that works.

Happen to have the newer version of the apk floating around and able to post? It appears on Amazon App Store as The New Yorker 2.2.0.11.37111. (I'm running earlier version you oh-so-helpfully posted a while back...)

Thanks in advance!
Joe

JOEyGADGET

Jan 10, 2011
Philadelphia
5 device login limit with New Yorker App

No idea - went from one GT7Plus to replacement and it just stopped working on the new one :-/

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

By the way, discovered that my problem logging in had to do with a login counter that tracks the number of devices you can use with your print subscription account. Well, I'd plugged in my print subscription info on a number of Kindles, including two of my own (one replacing the other I returned for display flaw) and one for a friend and two Android devices I managed to copy the apk to to run the app. On all of my own devices I'd done factory restores before remembering to logout of the New Yorker app, so apparently their subscription server believes I'm still logged in on those devices, which explains why I couldn't/still can't login on a new device. Fortunately my roommate offered up his subscription info and I can login with that - and I'm now aware that I need to logout if I wipe any given Android device on which I'm running the app.

I emailed New Yorker customer support and Amazon as well with no luck getting them to reset the "device count" as described on their help FAQ. They ask me to call and I haven't wanted to be bothered doing so but probably will at some point...

FWIW... Joe

JOEyGADGET

Jan 10, 2011
Philadelphia
post newest new yorker apk?

Any chance you have/can post the newest apk for The New Yorker for Kindle Fire? Thanks in advance for your consideration! J

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

https://www.box.net/shared/4rqm1s3am1fv0m2kdsvm

New Yorker downloaded today.. it is the version you are looking for

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium