cannot flash CWM from rom manager

Search This thread

phib3r

Apr 26, 2010
Houston
When i go to rom manager and press flash CWM recovery it does nothing, not even ask for SU. is anyone else having this issue?

mosesman86

Jan 14, 2011
Same issue here... I even tried a factory reset and it still won't flash CWM! Anyone out there have a good idea?

FWIW, on the Play Store reviews for CWM, it seems like we're not the only ones suddenly having issues flashing CWM recovery...

Epyoch

Feb 29, 2012
Bremerton, WA
Just a simple question...I'm guessing it's a dumb question and all...but I have to ask...you are rooted right?

Second question...you aren't trying to install cwm touch right? you are choosing the very top option correct?

mosesman86

Jan 14, 2011
Yep, I'm rooted and I'm trying to select the top option.

I guess Koush's server is down or something.

ben7337

Jul 18, 2010
Same problem here, sbfed 3 times and was panicking over this issue, thought it was the app's fault only just recently did I realize it might just be the servers and find this thread.

Namuna

Jan 11, 2010
New York
Add me to the list of ROM Manager not flashing. :(

Couldn't have happened at a worse possible time, now that CM9 daily is out!!

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

They must've of fixed the issue! I was just able to flash the recovery and I'm installing CM9 now! Wooo!

blaineball

May 6, 2009
I am having the issue where CWM cannot see my sdcard. I am seeing hints of this on this and other boards, but no clear solution.

I have formatted my card multiple times, either thru phone, in CWM (which seems to do nothing) or in windows.

This is some kinda sick joke... CM9 is out and I cannot flash it.

dnorthington

Mar 23, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I am having the issue where CWM cannot see my sdcard. I am seeing hints of this on this and other boards, but no clear solution.

I have formatted my card multiple times, either thru phone, in CWM (which seems to do nothing) or in windows.

when you choose install from zip, there are two options: "choose zip from SD card" and "choose zip from internal SD card"

Try both and see if you see your files.

Reactions: blaineball

blaineball

May 6, 2009
Thanks for response!

Ok I do not see the "install from internal sd " option, am I missing something.

I have ROM Manager, CWM 5.8.2.0. In Rom manager I have install from SD Card, but when I use that I get "Sd Card Marker not found" error when it reboots into CWM.

In CWM it I choose "Install zip from SD Card", I pick "chosse zip from" and it immedicately says "no files found" doesnt even show directory structure.

Should I get paid version of Rom Manager... is that what I am missing?

Last edited:

dnorthington

Mar 23, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Thanks for response!

I have ROM Manager, CWM 5.8.2.0. In Rom manager I have install from SD Card, but when I use that I get "Sd Card Marker not found" error when it reboots into CWM.

In CWM it I choose "Install zip from SD Card", I pick "chosse zip from" and it immedicately says "no files found" doesnt even show directory structure.

Try formatting your SD card in your laptop with the adapter and do it as Fat 32. I think people have had similar issues.

Reactions: blaineball

blaineball

May 6, 2009
I did get it working. I had a 16GB card in my HD2, I pulled that and it worked without a hitch.

I did do a full format with card reader on my old card. They are both 16GB Class 2 so I will probably keep this one.

Thanks for replies... and CM9 is pretty schweet! I havent hit any significant hiccups.

drumist

Aug 6, 2010
If anyone else is having this problem, try using the official SD formatter tool here instead of Windows to format the card: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/

I think there is some small quirk in the way the SD cards are originally formatted that is making them unreadable by the touch CWM. And using Windows to reformat them doesn't seem to fix it. This formatter tool has revived an SD card I messed up before that nothing else could fix, so if anything can fix the problem, this thing can. Worth a shot before switching the SD card out.

frod-gxys2

Aug 20, 2011
16GB card

Guys

very new to this, first rooting, I struggled with my 16GB SD card (SD card marker not found, file not found, etc). Then I tried with another 1GB SD card and it worked perfectly.

Just another idea.

Thanks for all good posts and ideas from this forum!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

when you choose install from zip, there are two options: "choose zip from SD card" and "choose zip from internal SD card"

Try both and see if you see your files.
    Thanks for response!

Try formatting your SD card in your laptop with the adapter and do it as Fat 32. I think people have had similar issues.