Is anybody else annoyed that the mobile Google Earth app is only for iPhone?

Search This thread

chefgon

Oct 19, 2008
What's the point of Google having its own mobile platform if they give one of their coolest apps exclusively to their competitor? I know that Google likes to make their services available on as many platforms as possible, but it would be nice if they would at least announce that an Android version is in the works. I'm totally jealous.

chefgon

Oct 19, 2008
I don't have any problem with iPhone getting streetview, I'm not being anti-iPhone or anything, I just get ticked off that Google developed this awesome app and DIDN'T bring it to Android.

benmyers2941

Oct 26, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I don't have any problem with iPhone getting streetview, I'm not being anti-iPhone or anything, I just get ticked off that Google developed this awesome app and DIDN'T bring it to Android.

I agree, but I have a feeling that they've been working on that for a while. I'm sure the Android version will be along before too long.

twosixths

Oct 29, 2008
Yeah... I can't even believe that. I'm even more bummed that google maps seems to be more limited than it was on my Blackberry. On the BB you could find a store and go to a "details" page where you could get info like store hours, etc.

That and I'm REALLY not happy with the cut/paste process in its current form. ;-)

usmc2k

Apr 12, 2006
I.E.
Ive seen the earth view and its not all that kool.... it jus zooms in automatically then lets u surf over houses etc..... u cant look at a front door like our street maps... dont know y everyones mad the g1 dosnt have it plus the g1 is still new be patient : )

punkzanyj

Feb 9, 2008
well if you want to get technical...

Android doesn't have full use of Google Docs.

Doesn't have apps for Blogger or Picasa.

But, like everything else Google, I'm sure they're working on integration.

If we were supposed to wait until all those services were ready the phone wouldn't be available until 2010, and it would probably cost twice as much.

satru

Apr 22, 2008
when you try to going to google earth from browser in clasic google website ,and select street view ,the phone show you that need adobe flash player 9, for that can show streetview with the picture of the street

well if you want to get technical...

Android doesn't have full use of Google Docs.

Doesn't have apps for Blogger or Picasa.

But, like everything else Google, I'm sure they're working on integration.

If we were supposed to wait until all those services were ready the phone wouldn't be available until 2010, and it would probably cost twice as much.

Last edited:

blahzay_blah

Aug 3, 2007
jeez people lol i mean the G1 is just the first device with android os, you cant get upset with google if google decides to put their fingers in everything. G1 is one fo the coolest phones out right now and it will only get better, u can count on that. Google wont let you down. i just hope a g2 doesnt come out anytime soon otherwise i would pretty much be mad at that point lolz

Yeah... I can't even believe that. I'm even more bummed that google maps seems to be more limited than it was on my Blackberry. On the BB you could find a store and go to a "details" page where you could get info like store hours, etc.

That and I'm REALLY not happy with the cut/paste process in its current form. ;-)

Go to Google Maps, type something, like Pizza Hut, a ton shows up, pick one, it shows up on the map, like this: <-Pizza Hut-> tap the name that's on the map, it'll bring up Details on the store, name, address, phone, url, etc..