SMS failing to send

Search This thread

GenTsoChkn

Nov 16, 2008
Florida
I looked through and only found a thread from the previous forums that talked about this with no apparent fix.

I'm having an issue where I will occasionally have my messages fail, even with full signal. The message will go grey after an attempt to send and then show an exclamation point for the fail. Sometimes it allows me to send if I go into airplane mode, which for some reason will take a long time sometimes, and then turn off air plane mode. That usually fixes the issue. I can also just try and resend and it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I'm afraid that if after like four times that I get the fail on the same message that I did indeed send it all those times like some people have suggested. It happens to texts that are short and long. I've tried connecting to wifi when it happens at my place, but that doesn't necessarily fix it either.

I don't know if when this is happening if I can receive phone calls, but that would probably be something I should try if I'm out with some friends when it happens.

Anyone else experienced this, or know of something that could possibly fix it?

xxjrsmith3xx

Aug 15, 2011
Corona
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I looked through and only found a thread from the previous forums that talked about this with no apparent fix.

I'm having an issue where I will occasionally have my messages fail, even with full signal. The message will go grey after an attempt to send and then show an exclamation point for the fail. Sometimes it allows me to send if I go into airplane mode, which for some reason will take a long time sometimes, and then turn off air plane mode. That usually fixes the issue. I can also just try and resend and it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I'm afraid that if after like four times that I get the fail on the same message that I did indeed send it all those times like some people have suggested. It happens to texts that are short and long. I've tried connecting to wifi when it happens at my place, but that doesn't necessarily fix it either.

I don't know if when this is happening if I can receive phone calls, but that would probably be something I should try if I'm out with some friends when it happens.

What ROM are you on?

circuit.007

Mar 20, 2012
That happens to me sometimes too. Even when its still sending like it has that loading bubble next to the message the other person will receive it. I've had that happen where i got a reply for my message which according to the messaging app was not yet sent.

But yeah its quite annoying when it happens. WiFi calling feature does not help either. I use the airplane trick like you said and it usually works.

Amplifys

Jul 13, 2012
This happens to me also about once a day. I can be right in the middle of a conversation and it will just stop sending even if im on wifi.

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
I think this is possibly a gsm thing as my sprint s3 never did this for the 2 weeks I had it. It happens to me on tmo and I have to do the wireless off then on.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Crisisx1

May 8, 2011
Orlando, FL

Do you have system tuner installed?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

GenTsoChkn

Nov 16, 2008
Florida
I may try setting my smsc manually, but yesterday I spoke with technical support and explained to them that I've been having this problem on both sgs3 handsets I've had and that the only thing that seems to work for me is going into airplane mode and back.

She reset my provisions on my account/phone or whatever and told me to see if that works. I'm going to go ahead and wait till it happens again before I change anything.