Review of 3.5mm replacement cable w/remote+mic for Samsung and HTC w/lots of pics!!!

Search This thread

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
This is a Review of 3.5mm male to male audio replacement cable with in-line remote/mic for Samsung and HTC phones. http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=3373

When you are dealing with higher quality headphones, such as V-Moda, Beyerdynamic, AKG, Shure, Beats, SMS by 50, Sennheiser, and some others, these typically come with replaceable 3.5mm male to male cables. Audio cable is the weakest link of headphone construction that will break after awhile, and being able to replace it extends the lifetime of your cans. All of the mentioned above headphones comes with a variety of cables, including an option for the one with in-line remote and mic so you can control your smartphone and take calls. Typically that inline remote is labeled for iDevice use, but the multifunction button usually works with a lot of Android devices to play/pause/call, double/triple click to skip songs, and long press to activate Google Now. If volume control buttons are included with a remote, those are ONLY for iDevices. There is no easy way around it because iPhone and Android device controls are different.

I was on a mission to find replacement UE900 cables with in-line remote and volume buttons for my Galaxy Note 2, and noticed that lunashops.com also has 3.5mm male to male audio replacement cable which supposed to work with Samsung and HTC phones. So I decided to give it a shot. Didn't realize it's going to be a gold find! Although cable is flat and often these are flimsy, this one actually has a thicker shielding and feels more durable. 3.5mm connectors are gold plated and the plug itself is about 3-4mm bigger in diameter than a connector - it is small enough to fit with any phone case and any tight headphone opening. I even tried it with Beyerdynamic COP which has a sliding lock on their original headphone cable, and this one was small enough to fit in.

Since I have Galaxy Note 2, I only was able to test and to verify it with my phone. Multifunction button is located in the middle of the remote and it's a little more recessed than volume up/down buttons so its easier to locate it. Plus, its has a round shape in comparison to volume up/down having arrow shape positioned appropriately when plugged into your headset with up-arrow turning volume up and down-arrow turning volume down. All this is very useful because remote will be positioned closer to your head so it's mic picks up the voice better, and you will have to feel rather than see buttons to control your phone. Multi-function button worked perfectly to play/stop/call and double/triple click for transport control, as well as long press for Google Now. Calls were crystal clear on both sides. Volume control works perfectly too.

Overall, this is a MUST HAVE for anybody with Galaxy or HTC smartphones who want to be able to get full in-line remote with mic AND volume up/down controls. For $6 shipped its a bargain, and probably a good idea to get a few as spares or for your different headsets.

Here are the pictures.

lunashop_35mm_cable_remote-01_zps07f93743.jpg

lunashop_35mm_cable_remote-02_zps8b74d8b5.jpg

lunashop_35mm_cable_remote-03_zpsed72179d.jpg

lunashop_35mm_cable_remote-04_zps7ab7fd0f.jpg

lunashop_35mm_cable_remote-05_zps758cb038.jpg

lunashop_35mm_cable_remote-06_zps0f0a017d.jpg

lunashop_35mm_cable_remote-07_zps109358a1.jpg

vantt1

Dec 23, 2011
I've learnt that you shouldn't mention 'Beats' and 'high quality' in the same sentence. Head-Fi be scary.

This looks like a nice buy. I especially like the fact that it's a straight to straight cable, so it'll fit into my Note 2's aluminium bumper case. I'm not sure about those hard plastic black sleeves that are on the end of either plug though. I recognise them - they are commonly seen on very cheap knockoff Beats headphones that have a detachable cable. I've found that it makes the plug just too thick to plug in, but are removable. Removing them, though, reveals a rather ugly rubber plug casing.

Eun-Hjzjined

Oct 31, 2011
Parry Sound, canada
@vectron : I'm searching high and low for a coiled cable with slim end plugs like these have, any thoughts? Reason: has to plug into a set of monster NPulse headphones and the input is tiny.

T0LTE CANADA • SLIM RC1 • AGNI PureCM • ROGERS

cnrd

Aug 29, 2010
Just reviving this thread.

Does anyone know if this cable works with Nexus 5?

EDIT: I tried with a pair of Galaxy S3 headphones, and they work, so these should work?

Thanks

Last edited:

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Just reviving this thread.

Does anyone know if this cable works with Nexus 5?

EDIT: I tried with a pair of Galaxy S3 headphones, and they work, so these should work?

Thanks

It should be, this is android specific in-line remote. Multi-function button is universal, will even work with apple and every android device. The key here is volume control. Android control/wiring is different from apple, and this specific one works with android. Don't expect a sound quality improvement, it will be the same as a sound of your stock cable, but you will gain full android control ;)

cnrd

Aug 29, 2010

The headphone a have only comes with a plug for iOS (like all headphones :p) But i've been looking for a way to control audio with android.

dirkdevries

Mar 10, 2014
Do the volume control buttons work while connected to the FiiO e18 while in DAC mode? That would be great! I heard that control buttons didn't work over usb audio on android earlier.

mystik1

Sep 13, 2010
Sorry to dig up a dead thread, but I would love to know about the call quality too. Does anyone know? I would like to use them with Bose SoundLink headphones and a Nexus 6! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a Review of 3.5mm male to male audio replacement cable with in-line remote/mic for Samsung and HTC phones. http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=3373

When you are dealing with higher quality headphones, such as V-Moda, Beyerdynamic, AKG, Shure, Beats, SMS by 50, Sennheiser, and some others, these typically come with replaceable 3.5mm male to male cables. Audio cable is the weakest link of headphone construction that will break after awhile, and being able to replace it extends the lifetime of your cans. All of the mentioned above headphones comes with a variety of cables, including an option for the one with in-line remote and mic so you can control your smartphone and take calls. Typically that inline remote is labeled for iDevice use, but the multifunction button usually works with a lot of Android devices to play/pause/call, double/triple click to skip songs, and long press to activate Google Now. If volume control buttons are included with a remote, those are ONLY for iDevices. There is no easy way around it because iPhone and Android device controls are different.

I was on a mission to find replacement UE900 cables with in-line remote and volume buttons for my Galaxy Note 2, and noticed that lunashops.com also has 3.5mm male to male audio replacement cable which supposed to work with Samsung and HTC phones. So I decided to give it a shot. Didn't realize it's going to be a gold find! Although cable is flat and often these are flimsy, this one actually has a thicker shielding and feels more durable. 3.5mm connectors are gold plated and the plug itself is about 3-4mm bigger in diameter than a connector - it is small enough to fit with any phone case and any tight headphone opening. I even tried it with Beyerdynamic COP which has a sliding lock on their original headphone cable, and this one was small enough to fit in.

Since I have Galaxy Note 2, I only was able to test and to verify it with my phone. Multifunction button is located in the middle of the remote and it's a little more recessed than volume up/down buttons so its easier to locate it. Plus, its has a round shape in comparison to volume up/down having arrow shape positioned appropriately when plugged into your headset with up-arrow turning volume up and down-arrow turning volume down. All this is very useful because remote will be positioned closer to your head so it's mic picks up the voice better, and you will have to feel rather than see buttons to control your phone. Multi-function button worked perfectly to play/stop/call and double/triple click for transport control, as well as long press for Google Now. Calls were crystal clear on both sides. Volume control works perfectly too.

Overall, this is a MUST HAVE for anybody with Galaxy or HTC smartphones who want to be able to get full in-line remote with mic AND volume up/down controls. For $6 shipped its a bargain, and probably a good idea to get a few as spares or for your different headsets.

Here are the pictures.

lunashop_35mm_cable_remote-01_zps07f93743.jpg

lunashop_35mm_cable_remote-02_zps8b74d8b5.jpg

lunashop_35mm_cable_remote-03_zpsed72179d.jpg

lunashop_35mm_cable_remote-04_zps7ab7fd0f.jpg

lunashop_35mm_cable_remote-05_zps758cb038.jpg

lunashop_35mm_cable_remote-06_zps0f0a017d.jpg

lunashop_35mm_cable_remote-07_zps109358a1.jpg