No S5 Root yet -- Frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

vladtess

Jun 11, 2014
Heyy ya'll, I am so frustrated!! I have bought the Verizon S5 with hopes to get it unlocked soon, but nothing is there!! This is so frustrating -- I signed up with verizon and pay $150/month for 6 gigz with all else unlimited, but the root is one thing that I was looking for. It is frustrating because I probably should've gotten myself a Sprint/Tmobile that was unrooted before even release and it is cheaper!! Ugh!!! By the time unlock happens, a new S series will come out!

Thanks for listening to me! I feel better

spotmark

Feb 18, 2010
Massachusetts
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Heyy ya'll, I am so frustrated!! I have bought the Verizon S5 with hopes to get it unlocked soon, but nothing is there!! This is so frustrating -- I signed up with verizon and pay $150/month for 6 gigz with all else unlimited, but the root is one thing that I was looking for. It is frustrating because I probably should've gotten myself a Sprint/Tmobile that was unrooted before even release and it is cheaper!! Ugh!!! By the time unlock happens, a new S series will come out!

Sell it on Swappa, and buy yourself an M8.

Franzie3

Sep 24, 2010
Newburgh, NY

You bought a phone without root to begin with. I understand your frustrated but if you wanted a phone with root you should of done homework beforehand. if you wanted the S5 specifically with root, then you probably should switch carriers.

I'm not trying to be rude, its just this post really has no meaning. Your frustrations are just like many, but there is no reason to just start a post on it. Be like a lot of people and be patient. if its going to be rooted one day it will, if you really do not want to wait go an by a phone that is already rooted and not one hoping to eventually be rooted/unlocked because the fact it is just may not happen.

Reactions: Dennisg34

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Let the man vent. We all feel his pain.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

Yeah i totally understand you're frustrating OP. I had the AT&T S5 worth no root and i sold it to get the Tmobile version and now im rooted. If that option wasnt available i would have bought another phone. Root is a must for me.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Martinjv71

Aug 8, 2007
Chicagoland
Don't take the advice of buying an M8...know 3 people that have it and my S5 still unrooted is better than theirs with ANY rom...just wait we will get there. The camera alone and battery life alone us worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Dennisg34
Nov 25, 2013
They're said:
Don't take the advice of buying an M8...know 3 people that have it and my S5 still unrooted is better than theirs with ANY rom...just wait we will get there. The camera alone and battery life alone us worth it.

Yet there are others who have switched and love the M8. Each person is different and should make a decision they feel right with. Many folk are happy with the S5, even without root. For others the lack of root is a deal breaker.

I personally love my M8 as much as I did my S3. I didn't go for the S5 because of Knox and the locked bootloader. That's me though and I would not deign to denigrate anyone simply because their priorities are different than my own.

Sent by Tapatalk Pro running my rooted Big Red HTC One M8

Last edited:

blackmeth

Oct 19, 2013
hey guys

im asking for a guy here at work.

he just got an S5 a few days ago and was wondering if theres a way to tell if its a Dev edition or if its the normal retail. im not finind anything that says if theres a firmware version or somehting in about phone that will tell you.

warriorpluto

Sep 11, 2008
in the streets racing
hey guys

im asking for a guy here at work.

he just got an S5 a few days ago and was wondering if theres a way to tell if its a Dev edition or if its the normal retail. im not finind anything that says if theres a firmware version or somehting in about phone that will tell you.

Dev editions come only in black right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let the man vent. We all feel his pain.

They're said:

Yet there are others who have switched and love the M8. Each person is different and should make a decision they feel right with. Many folk are happy with the S5, even without root. For others the lack of root is a deal breaker.

I personally love my M8 as much as I did my S3. I didn't go for the S5 because of Knox and the locked bootloader. That's me though and I would not deign to denigrate anyone simply because their priorities are different than my own.

Sent by Tapatalk Pro running my rooted Big Red HTC One M8
    Dev editions come only in black right?

Men should only own black phones. White looks too girly
    There are more than enough "no root" threads to air your frustration in...no need to create more threads
    Thanks
    FNSM

You bought a phone without root to begin with. I understand your frustrated but if you wanted a phone with root you should of done homework beforehand. if you wanted the S5 specifically with root, then you probably should switch carriers.

I'm not trying to be rude, its just this post really has no meaning. Your frustrations are just like many, but there is no reason to just start a post on it. Be like a lot of people and be patient. if its going to be rooted one day it will, if you really do not want to wait go an by a phone that is already rooted and not one hoping to eventually be rooted/unlocked because the fact it is just may not happen.