looking for tablet to use as dailey driver phone

Search This thread

misterwright

I just can't see a thread dedicated to using a Samsung Galaxy tablet as a everyday phone?

I have seen on other sites people using their Tab 3 10.1 or Note 8 as primary cell phones but I really need to ask you experts.

Can you tell me what tablets will accept an ATT card and work as a phone?

Thanks a bunch...

Tom

reinaldistic

May 3, 2011
no tablet on the tab 3 line has phone/text radio. however if you have enough data you could use mo+ or talkatone for phone service

Sent from my SM-T217S using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

I just can't see a thread dedicated to using a Samsung Galaxy tablet as a everyday phone?

I have seen on other sites people using their Tab 3 10.1 or Note 8 as primary cell phones but I really need to ask you experts.

Can you tell me what tablets will accept an ATT card and work as a phone?

Thanks a bunch...

Tom

misterwright

Thank You

no tablet on the tab 3 line has phone/text radio. however if you have enough data you could use mo+ or talkatone for phone service

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Thanks, I just purchased a Tab 4 10.1 and rooted it.

I did read in an article that was putting down using tablets as phones that one of the guys was using a Samsung Tablet as a phone but is said that he put his sim card in it and I have not seen a Samsung Tablet that lets you open the back (not counting my Note 3)...

Thanks for the info and now I need to work on ERick to make an Alliance ROM for this..., LOL

Tom

thref23

Jul 27, 2007
No the international version of these tabs all work as phones. At least the 7" & the 8".

I have been using the T211 on T-Mo as an everyday phone. It should work with AT&T as well.