restore stock firmware after towelroot

Search This thread

jprovence

Jun 20, 2012
Rooted the phone, decided I didn't really care or need to have a phone rooted. Phone was fine. So I decided to grab the stock ATT firmware and reload it via Odin. All goes well until the very end when the phone tells me:

SECURE CHECK FAIL : system

Pretty sure this is related to the locked boot-loader. I cannot get into recovery mode, and I cannot boot into regular android, but I can get into download mode. It just fails after nearly completing everything using different Odin versions, and I've used two different firmware files. I was on 4.4.2 and had all of the latest ATT OTA updates.

Everything is still listed as official and KNOX is 0x0 and KNOX Warranty void is 0x0. I guess Kies emergency firmware recovery doesn't work with the Note 3.

Knight-Rider

Feb 28, 2013
I tried unrooted with SuperSU and it still shows custom, KNOX still shows 0x0 the real issue is how to remove customer and get back to official without bricking.

jprovence

Jun 20, 2012
You're going to have to visit a Samsung kiosk at a Best Buy and see if they can fix it. If not, you're probably screwed, and will have to try for a replacement, or send to Samsung for service.

This was the recommendation from my local att corporate store. It's also what worked. The Samsung consultant let me restore my phone with her computer. She didn't realize how to get it into download mode. Either way, the Samsung program flashed the phone. It was super easy to use. Certainly meant for an non tech person. Same instructions as doing an emergency firmware recovery within Kies.