[Q] LCD BLACK BUT STILL FUNCTIONAL BLIND, MAJOR KEYS still lit up

Search This thread

3nJo1

Feb 22, 2012
San Carlos, San Diego
First of all running stock Droid 3 Rooted Flashed to cricket
with all the fixin's, Bootstrap, CMW, ... etc....

:edit ... Now with safestrap.

I noticed after taking my phone out of my pocket while trying to turn it on from normal off screen while on that it wouldn't show up the light still indicated it was working I can even turn off the phone.

Taking the battery out and back in semi fixed this but only to the extent where when the phone is turned on the moto logo doesn't appear but the droid eye does.

whence at the booted screen if I were to let it go black it has a chance to not stay on unless I RIGHT after it boots unlock it and keep it lit,

(but)

the main problem I noticed was it really only did this after lets say I was typing or doing anything with the qwerty board open and perhaps I let the screen turn off after a minute,

when I try to wake it up it stays black. EVERY TIME like most of the time,

it has to do with the keyboard being open when the screen goes to sleep.

WHAT IS WRONG *pulls hair out*

I can't say when but I've looked everywhere

tried uninstalling every app but the essentials,

then restoring to my first restore which was after my first initial root.

Tried factory reset,

Tried flashing back to stock,

yeah I think this counts for as much as I've gone insane looking for an answer for.

I have been told this sounded like a software issue so all I'd need to do is re install like I did when flashing back to stock THIS MORNING.

I need help to identify somehow if this IS or IS NOT a software/hardware problem.

and an answer to help me fix this would be nice as well thank you.

I know I am supposed to be brief but putting in all that into google and into every forum I have delved just isn't going to put it the way it needs to be said.

Edit:

Ok so far since no one has said anything I have also reinstalled my old newest state, still giving me crap.

Then just did the newest update 5.7 blah and still it's happening.

I hypothesize it might be the flex ribbon cable maybe (but it really might not) I read from another phone it might be a capacitor but it might not.

Whatever is wrong the phone still is able to at times now 40/60% of the time work properly and wake normal but then again not.

Right as of now I have put isc to see if this helps .......... .... to be continued or helped.

I'm back, well ics installed fine after the second time made it boot loop over and over.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I can receive calls now

but

no sms, mms, or internet.

(even though the network status settings are blank it's weird I can still receive calls, and send calls.)

since you can't restore the apn's with 3rd party I now have this NEW issue.

the phone goes unresponsive within cdma workshop and ##Program does not work.

I'd like some help in finding out now how to if it is possible yet to properly flash to cricket and or just change my apns and get into cdma as well as QPST.

PLEASE I NEED HELP thank you

-3nJo1

Last edited:

necromanteion

Jan 26, 2012
Yeah, it does sound like a hardware problem. If nobody else can help you fix it, you'll need to reflash the latest OTA update (or revert to your safestrap nandroid), unroot it and restore all the system apps that you may have frozen/deleted, and hope that Verizon will replace it.

Reactions: 3nJo1

3nJo1

Feb 22, 2012
San Carlos, San Diego
Thanks

Yeah, it does sound like a hardware problem. If nobody else can help you fix it, you'll need to reflash the latest OTA update (or revert to your safestrap nandroid), unroot it and restore all the system apps that you may have frozen/deleted, and hope that Verizon will replace it.

Thanks for your input.

(verizon wouldn't replace it since I baught it from someone else (legit) and I don't have verizon.

UNLESS you think if I had the previous owner take it into the store could they replace it? what steps would they take to see if it was rooted?

I never unrooted it when I did allll of this

Do you think rerooting is soumething that I should have done before doing this?

Or most likely is this a flex ribbon cable thing ....

I just tried the diagnostic (leave keyboard open then turn the screen off and on thing)

it came on at least 3 times normal then it didn't either right after the 3rd try or upon closing the qwerty board ...

also do you have an answer at all for the ics portion of my problem?

THANK YOU

EDIT!!!!!!!! Actually realized I did reroot after the sbf ota flash .....

so all things aside yehs I also did that any other solutions inquiries ...

ANYONE ELSE PLEASE HELP!

Last edited:

stud beefpile

Dec 18, 2011
Another path to try down is Motorola - depending on the age of the phone, I believe there's a warranty through them.

Reactions: 3nJo1

willdo7474

Dec 8, 2008
I bought my d3 off craigslist and the power button and n key weren't always working. I took it in to Verizon and had a new one in the mail 3 days later!

Sent from my XT862 using XDA App

Sorry didn't read the part about you being on cricket. Maybe you could make friends with someone that has d3 on verizon have them activate it and take it in for you.

Last edited:

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Thanks,

well it is less than a year old I think, could I be able to get motorola to replace it when all I have is the phone no receipt or box ???

MORE HELP FROM ANYONE ELSE PLEASE

I believe there is another apn type tool that the Cricket Android tools are using for their specific settings. You may have to search XDA a bit to see if anything shows up for othere phones on Cricket.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Another path to try down is Motorola - depending on the age of the phone, I believe there's a warranty through them.