[Solved] CyberNav 7" Chinese tablet- boot loop, doesn't boot- logcat

Search This thread

sek111

Mar 13, 2011
Hello, after playing with a tablet I got boot loop so below is solution for this.
This is what I wrote first:
I purchased Chinese tablet called CyberNav, there is link to the website with specs http://www.dracotek.com/cybernav-7-...ps-navigator-ultra-slim-wifi-8gb-gps70yw.html It works great and is worth the money. I received- on request- firmware for it, but it is with .img extension and I have no idea how to get to the files. Attached application PhoenixCard should install it on sd card but it does nothing. So there is my question- can anyone help me with it? Possibly root it? Or update to newer firmware version? I'll post a link to, just need to upload it to my dropbox on my next break at work.
Sek

Last edited:

andy1weir@hotmail.co.uk

Nov 4, 2007
edinburgh
im pretty sure you need a 3rd party application to flash that firmware, i think you load the .img file into the software on your pc, connect tablet in flash/recovery mode then flash it that way, dont know which software you would need to use though , sorry i cant help further

Reactions: sek111

sek111

Mar 13, 2011
Some new infos:
As far I found out tablet is detectable during boot in adb, but it stays in boot loop. I think I've got right usb drivers.
I tried unyaffs the .img file using C:/unyaffs/unyaffs pw08.img but it shows file corrupted (might be wrong method?).
Logcat attached.
Maybe there is someone who will find what it's missing...

Attachments

• logcat1.rar
    21.9 KB · Views: 459

sek111

Mar 13, 2011
I see there is nobody who can help me, so... If some of u have similar problem with chinese tablet- bootloop, can't flash it with LiveSuit our update from sdcard, I found solution which worked for me. Using adb, pulled catalog /dev/data/ to hard disk, then deleted all dalvik cache, installed by me apps and almost every other file from /data on my hard disk. Then typed adb remount, then adb shell rm -r /dev/data/* to delete all data catalog on tablet. Then pushed /data catalog from my hard disk to tablet, and finally adb reboot. And it WORKS! Booting without problems. I wasted 4 days on research how to turn it in flash mode etc. But it was very simple.

Cheers
Sek

Serg_VA

May 19, 2012
Hi, sek111
It was necessary to use the LiveSuite to flash through usb.
Thank you very much, from your post, I found the firmware for my tablet.

sanjaympj

Jun 12, 2012
Mumbai
An experience with another low cost tablet with Bootloop

I happen to got my tab (Wammy from WickedLeak.org) stuck in BootLoop and was struggling to get a way out for the past 3 days, checking almost all of the posts for this issue!

The tab would stuck on the android loading animation despite running for 2-3 hours and after several hard reboots, it throw-ed following error-

Encryption Unsuccessful

encrytion was interupted and cant complete. as a result the data on your tablet is no longer accessible

to resume using your tablet, you must perform a factory reset. when you set up your tab after the reset, u'll hav an opportunity to restore any data that was backed up to ur google account

Despite going for the factory reset, it still didn't workout as the reset activity never completed or proceeded. I happen to be a beginner/noob and was trying my luck with possible solution but was comfortable with ADB stuff and workaround. Well i checked the solution which sek111 offered in this post and it was most closely helped me out. So i would like to Thank him a ton for sharing his solution.

Another method for few others if you don't get through the technical stuff and handling all the flashing tools, i was successful in bringing up the setting window of my tab and chose to do Reset via GUI which worked. Actually my battery got drained out to 7% and a popup message for same displayed while i was on the above error page. I selected the "check battery" option from that pop up and got my way out via factory "Backup and Reset" option under settings.

I hope this might help few people if not all! But the XDA forum is great and everyone will find a solution here. Cheers!!! :D

hellasleeper

Sep 12, 2012
So I got this wm8850 chinese generic tablet. The camera is in the front in the middle (wide). It was shipped to me with 4.0.3 in boot loop. I soon found out that it boots into safe mode when I usb to pc. This is the furthest I've gotten with it so far. I can adb into it and have already tried to wipe data. It seems like since its from factory screwed up that a may need to reload the firmware or the os or something. Im kind of a noob because I only have my droid x. I've gotten it out of a boot loop before but I also knew what I had done to cause it so I fixed it. I tried to follow seks adb commands but im too noob to do it I guess. I was able to wipe data and dalvik-cache. Issue still occurs :confused:. If anybody can give me some adb commands than can help I would greatly appreciate it. Im fairly sure that I found the firmware elsewhere on xda. I thank you guys for any help at all you can give. I don't wanna send it back without trying everything software related as I can, but ill send it back if I can't fix it or if I brick it ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using xda app-developers app

amscorpions

Feb 19, 2014
i have same problem in my china mobile.. dupad k1 ... after in installed new boot screen, device stuck in boot... please help to recover my device in step by step....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    im pretty sure you need a 3rd party application to flash that firmware, i think you load the .img file into the software on your pc, connect tablet in flash/recovery mode then flash it that way, dont know which software you would need to use though , sorry i cant help further
    There is link to rar package http://db.tt/jm7eHfbq
    If there is someone who wants to spend some time... Please help.