Official SGS II Navigation Vehicle Mount

Search This thread

litesout

Jan 17, 2011
Orlando FL
I like that the part you clip the phone into is separate from the suction cup arm. Does anybody know if you can remove the part that the dock clips on to from the arm itself? I have a custom mount in my car already, but I would like to use the cradle and mounting bracket from this if possible.

This is a somewhat old picture of my current setup. I'm going to ditch the universal cradle and the adhesive disc for the TomTom and just fabricate something for the Samsung dock.

p4050020.jpg

Reactions: Jemack

litesout

Jan 17, 2011
Orlando FL
Got back from vacation last night and my navigation mount was waiting for me! Took a quick look at it and its going to take a bit more work than I thought to do what I want to do. In order to mount the ball mount and keep the ability to adjust and rotate I'm going to have to cut the end off the arm. The cup the ball fits into is molded into the end of the arm. I'm planning to work on it tonight. I'll take pictures and if it works out well I'll do a write up.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

mipakr

Sep 20, 2010
Got back from vacation last night and my navigation mount was waiting for me! Took a quick look at it and its going to take a bit more work than I thought to do what I want to do. In order to mount the ball mount and keep the ability to adjust and rotate I'm going to have to cut the end off the arm. The cup the ball fits into is molded into the end of the arm. I'm planning to work on it tonight. I'll take pictures and if it works out well I'll do a write up.

Shouldn't need to cut off the arm.. I can't really disassemble my setup any more but I did finally remember to get a few pictures.

I left the arm intact and didn't use it for this project. Unscrew the three (i think) screws on the holder (attached to the ball, will call the clip) and remove. Then I took a jeweler's saw to cut off the ball mount location on the clip and drilled holes to screw into an arkon permanent base. I wanted everything to tuck away in the car and am very pleased with the result.

litesout

Jan 17, 2011
Orlando FL
Okay, you did yours a bit differently than I did. Just finished it this morning. Turned out to be a lot more work than I thought it would be, but that's more down to the car than anything. I'll get some pictures tonight and try to post a mini write-up on how I did it.

Question for those who use the nav mount. I have the dock audio output enabled so when the phone's in it I can listen to Pandora or whatever. If I use Google maps navigation, will the voice prompts be routed through the audio output as well? If so, is there a way to isolate the navigation audio and have it come through the phone speaker?

mipakr

Sep 20, 2010
Turned out to be a lot more work than I thought it would be
doesn't it always? :cool: (not that I will ever stop doing random DIY things)

Question for those who use the nav mount. I have the dock audio output enabled so when the phone's in it I can listen to Pandora or whatever. If I use Google maps navigation, will the voice prompts be routed through the audio output as well? If so, is there a way to isolate the navigation audio and have it come through the phone speaker?
I don't use nav too often, but while listening to music it does must the music and play the navigation through the car speakers. I am not aware of an app or toggle to make media play though car speakers, and navigation through phone speakers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samsung says these are still on back order. If you want one now, I just got one from
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005TM8DLW/ref=ox_ya_os_product

They say there's only 2 left. It ends up being $43 which is actually a little less than the Samsung website after shipping... unless Samsung is still doing that samsung#1 coupon code.
    Does this dock have a suction cup or does it have a adhesive tape?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

suction cup. it also comes with the adhesive disc.
    So I found my car dock waiting for me in my mailbox when I got home from work this evening. Haven't set it up yet but here are a few pix of what all comes in the box.

allpieces.jpg

arm.jpg

charger.jpg

backside.jpg

ports.jpg

You can see the 3.5 mm audio-out port and mini-USB "charger port" (as Samsung calls it) on the back of the dock in the above pic.
    I can't exactly tell from the pics... but can someone tell me if this will be OK with a screen protector? That is, how far do the little arms go around the front of the phone? I have InvisibleShield on mine and if I went this route, I wouldn't want the arms pushing into the screen protector and pushing it up.

The mount does not touch the screen what so ever. It only clips on the bezel.
    BTW, to the OP - it looks to me like you own an Outback? However your dash cubby looks a little... unusual... Is that the special cubby insert someone on subaruoutback.org was selling for a while?