Does Wifi Tether work yet?

Search This thread

jlbdca

Feb 25, 2008
It's entirely possible that I'm posessed and having this effect on the phones, but Wireless Tether works for me on a Captivate and Epic with root only.

bigdbag

Oct 5, 2009
After trying the latest wifi-tether, it appears to have broken my wifi. I cannot connect to my wifi network, even though wifi is turned on. AHHHH

EDIT: OMG I think I actually seriously broke my wifi. I have root enabled using the 1-click method described in the other thread. I installed busy box w/ Titanium Backup, and the latest wifi tether. I pressed tether once to try it and then disabled it. Now my WIFI DOESNT WORKKKK. It sees my wifi but when I connect... it won't connect, it just shows it's available again.

Last edited:

pongoface

Jan 13, 2008
Tuna put down ur epic better yet pm me when all the kinks are ironed out so i can buy an epic lol. Til then my tether works AWESOME on my Evo lol. J/k have fun

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

samurayx89

Aug 31, 2010
Caguas
Can this be installed in the EPIC
xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=760243
it seems to be an app removed by carriers from the Galaxy S line (not sure, looking for someone that has an idea if it would work or not?)

icantdrawanime

Jun 14, 2010
Wifi tether works fine with me with the pre08 version installed. I just used the base installer to install the apk...

1.38Mb download. plenty fast enough