• Total voters
Search This thread

nubia11

Nov 2, 2011
Thank you..! All who worked on this! Much appreciated

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

imabigd

Jul 17, 2010
To all who have put this together: thank you.

The inevitable question is how does one get rooted on 12.15.15 and what method do you need to have rooted with as a starting point for this guide? I have an insurance replacement Droid Maxx running stock 12.7.7 and cannot remember what method I rooted with for my original (now lost) Maxx which was rooted on 12.15.15.

Thanks again.

No problem bud. I'll be a tester if needed.

NWKENT

Dec 17, 2010
Tryon, North Carolina

The inevitable question is how does one get rooted on 12.15.15 and what method do you need to have rooted with as a starting point for this guide? I have an insurance replacement Droid Maxx running stock 12.7.7 and cannot remember what method I rooted with for my original (now lost) Maxx which was rooted on 12.15.15.

Thanks again.

Do this: Here is for the Newbie, someone that doesn't understand what ADT Bundle or adb means, and has never attempted the adb process of Rooting..this is the RockMyMoto exploit procedure..

Please donate to Jcase for all his labors on this Root exploit..

This is a simplified version of preparing the Windows computer, to run the exploit from start to finished, and have a Rooted XT1080M (aka) Droid Maxx..

Instructions download here >> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B67RS0BDBp_iaVFhZDd2dmtaTFE/edit?usp=docslist_api

Zip file download here >> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B67RS0BDBp_iOWNNa1B0NXo4OTg/edit?usp=docslist_api

sent by my 4.2.2_12.15.15
RockMyMoto Root..SafeStrap v3.65
XT1080M (aka) Droid Maxx
(device #1)

Please donate to: jcase & Hashcode (if you can)

Reactions: imabigd

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011

Thanks again.

Do this: Here is for the Newbie, someone that doesn't understand what ADT Bundle or adb means, and has never attempted the adb process of Rooting..this is the RockMyMoto exploit procedure..

Please donate to Jcase for all his labors on this Root exploit..

This is a simplified version of preparing the Windows computer, to run the exploit from start to finished, and have a Rooted XT1080M (aka) Droid Maxx..

Instructions download here >> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B67RS0BDBp_iaVFhZDd2dmtaTFE/edit?usp=docslist_api

Zip file download here >> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B67RS0BDBp_iOWNNa1B0NXo4OTg/edit?usp=docslist_api

XT1080M (aka) Droid Maxx
(device #1)

Excellent. I didnt check the links however I would recommend to imabigd, to fxz to 12.15.15 then run rockmymoto using your instructions and then continue on with mine.

Reactions: imabigd and NWKENT

SupremeOverlord

Oct 30, 2013
Chicago
"Furthermore it assumes that you are familiar with the process in which root was obtained for 12.15.15(Cydia,Telnet)."

I rooted using an app called MotoRoot 1.1 by jcase. Is that Cydia or Telnet?

imabigd

Jul 17, 2010
Ok, all. I have been following the noob guide as published, and have run into a wall with the telnetting process. I have my three windows open, all the drivers installed and as you can see in the screenshot have successfully run the adb commands for "adb push su /sdcard/" and "adb push RockMyMoto.jar /sdcard/". I also successfully run the Cydia Impactor Box command "# start telnet as system on port 2222"

In the telnet window I get strange behavior. I copied the IP address of the phone from the settings/about phone/status menu but when I try and telnet with the command "o my ip address 2222" I get a failed to connect error if my screen is locked. Once I unlock it, it connects, but then I get "Y U NO PUSH su TO /sdcard/su? Exiting..." error in the screenshot when I try and run the "dalvikvm -cp /sdcard/RockMyMoto.jar RockMyMoto" command.

I am not getting any security questions when I successfully run the telnet command (unlocking the screen) and simply get a "~ $" and that is when I am entering the dalvikvm -cp /sdcard/RockMyMoto.jar RockMyMoto" command.
Screen_Shot_2014_01_19_at_3_53_47_AM.png

What am I doing wrong here? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

NWKENT

Dec 17, 2010
Tryon, North Carolina
Ok, all. I have been following the noob guide as published, and have run into a wall with the telnetting process. I have my three windows open, all the drivers installed and as you can see in the screenshot have successfully run the adb commands for "adb push su /sdcard/" and "adb push RockMyMoto.jar /sdcard/". I also successfully run the Cydia Impactor Box command "# start telnet as system on port 2222"

In the telnet window I get strange behavior. I copied the IP address of the phone from the settings/about phone/status menu but when I try and telnet with the command "o my ip address 2222" I get a failed to connect error if my screen is locked. Once I unlock it, it connects, but then I get "Y U NO PUSH su TO /sdcard/su? Exiting..." error in the screenshot when I try and run the "dalvikvm -cp /sdcard/RockMyMoto.jar RockMyMoto" command.

I am not getting any security questions when I successfully run the telnet command (unlocking the screen) and simply get a "~ $" and that is when I am entering the dalvikvm -cp /sdcard/RockMyMoto.jar RockMyMoto" command.

Sir..its been a long day..and my eyes are crossing..seems to me..a couple things to start with..go to settings..Developer options/Stay awake, place a check in the box..so your not battling with a screen turning off..and you can watch whats happening..and maybe even bump screen time up to 5 minutes or more..

Next..seems as thow, you may need to reboot your computer, and allow drivers to refresh..after that..make absolutely sure..you are keying in the correct IP address in Telnet window, with the lower case o in front and 2222 after your IP..remember to always run Impactor each time before you key in your address..Impactor will blink your screen, this is a sign the Impactor is doing its job, Also remember, to close the Telnet window after each use..anotherwords..run Impactor after you have opened a new Telnet window..then key in your IP then hit enter, a process will happen, then a sign like this $ will display..now is when you key in your commands..BUT..reboot your PC..before you make another move, seems your PC and device are failing to communicate properly..a reboot will help them to communicate again..as I said..I'm very sleepy..lol..and I'm probably overlooking something..tomorrow, if you haven't figured it out, and everyone here is busy..PM me..I will help..I will be out of town..but I will have my phone with me..maybe someone else can chime in and help you sooner. :)

EDIT..make absolutely sure, your computer and your device are using the same WiFi modem...Your device must be using your local WiFi..

XT1080M (aka) Droid Maxx
(device #1)

Last edited:

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011

Sir..its been a long day..and my eyes are crossing..seems to me..a couple things to start with..go to settings..Developer options/Stay awake, place a check in the box..so your not battling with a screen turning off..and you can watch whats happening..and maybe even bump screen time up to 5 minutes or more..

Next..seems as thow, you may need to reboot your computer, and allow drivers to refresh..after that..make absolutely sure..you are keying in the correct IP address in Telnet window, with the lower case o in front and 2222 after your IP..remember to always run Impactor each time before you key in your address..Impactor will blink your screen, this is a sign the Impactor is doing its job, Also remember, to close the Telnet window after each use..anotherwords..run Impactor after you have opened a new Telnet window..then key in your IP then hit enter, a process will happen, then a sign like this $ will display..now is when you key in your commands..BUT..reboot your PC..before you make another move, seems your PC and device are failing to communicate properly..a reboot will help them to communicate again..as I said..I'm very sleepy..lol..and I'm probably overlooking something..tomorrow, if you haven't figured it out, and everyone here is busy..PM me..I will help..I will be out of town..but I will have my phone with me..maybe someone else can chime in and help you sooner. :)

EDIT..make absolutely sure, your computer and your device are using the same WiFi modem...Your device must be using your local WiFi..

XT1080M (aka) Droid Maxx
(device #1)

I agree with kent. Verify your on the same network. Disable any firewalls or virus protection while you run exploit. It seems you have a break in communication there

Maxx'd out Kit Kat

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011
"Furthermore it assumes that you are familiar with the process in which root was obtained for 12.15.15(Cydia,Telnet)."

I rooted using an app called MotoRoot 1.1 by jcase. Is that Cydia or Telnet?

No, that is not cydia or telnet. If you are currently rooted on 12.15.15 then use this guide linked below to setup cydia, telnet,adb, and moto device manager. Then move on to my guide and pickup at the MotoWPNoMo step.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47766259

Maxx'd out Kit Kat

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011
Just a quick note, ive updated the file to V1.4 which contains several additions and clarification to the commands for simplicity. Please download the new version.

nubia11

Nov 2, 2011
Just a quick note, ive updated the file to V1.4 which contains several additions and clarification to the commands for simplicity. Please download the new version.

Call me oopid but where is this link?.... Thanks again! I appreciate all your hard work!

nubia11

Nov 2, 2011
I agree with kent. Verify your on the same network. Disable any firewalls or virus protection while you run exploit. It seems you have a break in communication there

Maxx'd out Kit Kat

I had this exact issue and lo and behold i was on two different wireless router on the same network. You have to be on the same router on the same network..... If this helps anyone....

imabigd

Jul 17, 2010
Thanks for the replies everyone. I unchecked verified apps and forced the screen to stay on in developer mode. I'm making notes to add to the guide as these aren't included but make a difference.

Still getting the same error "Y U NO PUSH su TO /sdcard/su? Exiting..." I am on the same wi-fi network and Windows Firewalls are turned off. I have no virus protection installed.

The only thing that I can think of is that I'm running Windows in a VM on my Mac via Parallels. The network connection on the windows side is the exact same as it would be on the mac side. Does anyone know if running in a VM would create issues here?

I used PDA NET to install the mototola driver and I also ran the Motorola Device Manager 2.3.4 that came in the ADB zip folder just to be on the safe side. The computer clearly recognizes the phone as it asks me what actions I want to take (open explorer, etc) every time I plug it in. I also have the VM set to take ownership of the phone when it gets plugged in (as opposed to the Mac OS side).

Also, when I run the Impactor tool before entering in my IP address, my phone does indeed "blink" as it's supposed to. In Telnet, after entering my iP address I get a "connecting" and then a ~ $ appear upon which I enter in the dalvikvm -cp /sdcard/RockMyMoto.jar RockMyMoto command which results in the "Y U NO PUSH" error.

Thanks again for any insight.

Maxx'd out Kit Kat

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts