[APP][4.0+] Dude, Where's My Car?

Search This thread

Stratman14

Oct 5, 2011
Hi guys, I'm very new to development and wanted to share my first app with the hope of receiving some constructive criticism or ideas for possible features that you would like to see me add. The app is called Dude, Where's My Car? and is a simple, clean car finder app that allows the user to set their current position and later retrieve it for the purpose of remembering where you parked your car.

Download link to Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.stratman.wheresmycar

Features:
-Easy to use Park and Find implementation
-Clean interface
-Ability to set a note - Great way to remember what level you're on in a parking garage.
-Navigation to car
-Utilizes Google Maps positioning to ensure accurate location

The app is completely free to download with no ads and I would appreciate it if you guys would give it a try! Thanks:)

Attachments

• screenshot4.jpg
    screenshot4.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 451
  • screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 409
  • screenshot5.jpg
    screenshot5.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 394
  • screenshot3.jpg
    screenshot3.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 361

Vaetheran2107

Jan 9, 2011
Looks good, nice layout, fast and without unnecessary permissions.
I like it a lot!
One minor thing...I find the app icon a little boring and small...but that's just my personal opinion

Edit: There's another app that's called the same?!? Same developer or copied?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Stratman14

Stratman14

Oct 5, 2011
App Name

I like it a lot!
One minor thing...I find the app icon a little boring and small...but that's just my personal opinion

Vaetheran, thank you for your kind words about my app. :) When I originally posted it on the play store I didn't realize that there were other apps with the same name but I now have found at least five other apps with the same name from different developers. I would change it but I can't think of any easy to find name that accurately describes the function of the application. Names like "Car Finder", "Find My Car", etc. have been taken by multiple other apps and so I've had some difficulty trying to come up with an original one.

Vaetheran2107

Jan 9, 2011
Ok that's not a problem for me. Just thought it should be mentioned.

Gesendet von meinem Transformer TF101 mit Tapatalk

Thronesmasher

Oct 28, 2010
Stormpolder
Very nice. This is the cleanest car finder in the store. Would be nice if you could add a timestamp/alert option for when you're parked at a parking meter.

Last edited:

Stratman14

Oct 5, 2011
Very nice. This is the cleanest car finder in the store. Would be nice if you could add a timestamp/alert option for when you're parked at a parking meter.

Thank you for your positive feedback. It's funny you should mention the timestamp option as I just had the idea to add a feature like it this afternoon. Great minds think alike!

Stratman14

Oct 5, 2011
New features?

So I'm definitely going to add a timestamp/alert option. Are there any other features that anyone would like to see implemented?

Vaetheran2107

Jan 9, 2011
Today I found something that's missing. The possibility to navigate to the parked car.
I was at a local Fair and parked my car, set up the spot and then went for the Fair.
Couple of hours later I left the building on a far away exit with no idea where my car could be.
No problem. Got my nexus, opened your app and looked for my car.
App showed me a route on the streets but that didn't help a lot cause I was on the Fair's Ground.
It would have been nice if I could have used Google maps to guide me on my walk.
Long story short...maybe you can implement an option for navigation?

Stratman14

Oct 5, 2011
Today I found something that's missing. The possibility to navigate to the parked car.
I was at a local Fair and parked my car, set up the spot and then went for the Fair.
Couple of hours later I left the building on a far away exit with no idea where my car could be.
No problem. Got my nexus, opened your app and looked for my car.
App showed me a route on the streets but that didn't help a lot cause I was on the Fair's Ground.
It would have been nice if I could have used Google maps to guide me on my walk.
Long story short...maybe you can implement an option for navigation?

This is why I posted on XDA! :laugh: Thank you again for your valuable input and for using the app regularly. As of right now I'm currently using this library for navigation, but I'm having some difficulty finding a way to implement Google Maps nav for getting walking directions/off road directions. If anyone on this board has any experience or tips on how to do so I'd love to hear them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, I'm very new to development and wanted to share my first app with the hope of receiving some constructive criticism or ideas for possible features that you would like to see me add. The app is called Dude, Where's My Car? and is a simple, clean car finder app that allows the user to set their current position and later retrieve it for the purpose of remembering where you parked your car.

Download link to Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.stratman.wheresmycar

Features:
    -Easy to use Park and Find implementation
    -Clean interface
    -Ability to set a note - Great way to remember what level you're on in a parking garage.
    -Navigation to car
    -Utilizes Google Maps positioning to ensure accurate location

The app is completely free to download with no ads and I would appreciate it if you guys would give it a try! Thanks:)
    This is a very good and useful app ! Thanks !
    I downloaded it and have been trying it out. It seems to work very well so far, great job for your first app!
    I like it a lot!