Sms back up issue

Search This thread

nash2000

Jun 18, 2011
I just came here from my gs4 today but I'm having issues trying to restore my sms from the app sms back up. It gave me my call log but with no contacts attached the the calls but it didn't give me a single text message. I've tried it 3 times...it just tells me "13000 duplicates". I just googled it and I guess the back up is placed on my sdcard on my other phone. I just dropped it in and I'm currently waiting to see if this restore will work. Has anyone else done this yet?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nash2000

Jun 18, 2011
Same result after the latest restore. Never had an issue before. Any ideas?

nash2000

Jun 18, 2011
I found an option within the phones settings that transfers data from your previous phone to the HTC one. You need to install HTC transfer from the playstore on the old device. Music, photos and bookmarks transfered fine but the texts still didnt. Oh well...at least I got the important stuff. Nice feature BTW

Wonders_Never_Cease

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 10, 2013
I would think each device has a certain file extention@ back up files for sms and they are different between the two your trying transfer from...thats prolly the issue....as suggested the store usually can transfer them without an issue