[Q] How to update to 4.4 from 4.2.2?

Search This thread

xXFl4sh

Nov 25, 2012
Hello I would like to know how to update from 4.2.2 ( Liquid Smooth 2.9) to 4.4. Do I have to update to 4.3 with knox removed and then flash a 4.4 rom? Can I use Odin to flash a 4.3 rooted official rom directly from 4.2.2?

Sorry for my bad English

brianray14

Jan 29, 2011
Bradenton
Hello I would like to know how to update from 4.2.2 ( Liquid Smooth 2.9) to 4.4. Do I have to update to 4.3 with knox removed and then flash a 4.4 rom? Can I use Odin to flash a 4.3 rooted official rom directly from 4.2.2?

Sorry for my bad English

You can just find a ROM you want to flash, read the installation instructions and flash away. If it requires you to update your bootloader, it'll tell you to do so. It might behoove you to read a few pages in the ROM thread, at least read the first and last two pages. Also pay attention to which version of cwm or twrp is recommended. Don't forget to do a nandroid in case something gets screwed up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Reactions: xXFl4sh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sorry for my bad English

You can just find a ROM you want to flash, read the installation instructions and flash away. If it requires you to update your bootloader, it'll tell you to do so. It might behoove you to read a few pages in the ROM thread, at least read the first and last two pages. Also pay attention to which version of cwm or twrp is recommended. Don't forget to do a nandroid in case something gets screwed up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk