Another ROOT problem or REPOST ...

Search This thread

sophronismos

Aug 27, 2012
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi Guys,

I've been using many roms before, but I did flash Stock Rom with ODIN, and now i can't ROOT my phone. I already tried many times using chotu or philz recovery but no luck.

When press the VOL-DOWN+POWER+MENU, I've got VHX_21 nm_32bitMLC_8GM_p10, i know this is not error it just a info about my current firmware perhaps.

I tried with odin to flash CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.md5 or philz_touch_5.15.0-i9082.tar.md5, tick or untick the AutoReboot, and unplug battery... or any other method that i found on google but still no luck, no command and stock recovery comes out....

Just can't imagine why i do this at first after i finally rooted my phone almost a year, know i'm on stock 4.2.2 and its really freaking slow ...

Is there any other method that i can use??? or is it possible for me to remove recovery.img and replace with other recovery.img inside I9082XXUBMJ4_I9082OLBBMJ2_I9082DXUBMI1_HOME.tar.md5 file? or is there any rooted rom that i can flash directly from odin ???

Sorry if this thread is repost ...

jackeagle

Sr. Mod + Mod / Dev Committee / Rec. Dev / Dev Rel
Staff member
Apr 11, 2013
XDA
Remix OS
Elocity A7
Hi Guys,

I've been using many roms before, but I did flash Stock Rom with ODIN, and now i can't ROOT my phone. I already tried many times using chotu or philz recovery but no luck.

When press the VOL-DOWN+POWER+MENU, I've got VHX_21 nm_32bitMLC_8GM_p10, i know this is not error it just a info about my current firmware perhaps.

I tried with odin to flash CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.md5 or philz_touch_5.15.0-i9082.tar.md5, tick or untick the AutoReboot, and unplug battery... or any other method that i found on google but still no luck, no command and stock recovery comes out....

Just can't imagine why i do this at first after i finally rooted my phone almost a year, know i'm on stock 4.2.2 and its really freaking slow ...

Is there any other method that i can use??? or is it possible for me to remove recovery.img and replace with other recovery.img inside I9082XXUBMJ4_I9082OLBBMJ2_I9082DXUBMI1_HOME.tar.md5 file? or is there any rooted rom that i can flash directly from odin ???

go here http://galaxygrandcenter.blogspot.in/2013/03/warning-it-will-void-your-warranty-and.html
and then scroll down there is FIX for this problem use it and your probs will be solved..:)

Reactions: sophronismos

sophronismos

Aug 27, 2012
go here http://galaxygrandcenter.blogspot.in/2013/03/warning-it-will-void-your-warranty-and.html
and then scroll down there is FIX for this problem use it and your probs will be solved..:)

Yep ... i've been there with no luck ... still cannot install the recovery ... thx anyway and i did click thanks

Maybe chotu222 was right after all...

Q. All of the above is correct,then why the hell odin is not flashing the recovery ?
Solution : Try flashing through odin3 v3.07(try googling it for download),then too you can't get it right then the hell demon is in your mobile he'll not let you do this

Last edited:

sophronismos

Aug 27, 2012

Nope ... Still not working ...

Let me know what i did wrong.

FIRST ATTEMPT

1. Download the recovery
2. Start Odin (Run as Administrator i'm using w7)
3. Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time is Tick nothing else
4. ID:COM status is 0:[COM22]
5. PDA Tick and choose the recovery files.
6. Start

<ID:0/020> Added!!
<ID:0/020> Odin v.3 engine (ID:20)..
<ID:0/020> File analysis..
<ID:0/020> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/020> Initialzation..
<ID:0/020> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/020> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/020> recovery.img
<ID:0/020> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/020> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/020> RES OK !!
<ID:0/020> Removed!!
<ID:0/020> Remain Port .... 0
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)

7. Press VOL-UP + MENU + POWER
8. No Command - Stock Recovery mode but not CWM

SECOND ATTEMPT
Same as above but i don't select the Auto Reboot.

On ODIN v3.07 didnt say PASS but RESET so I press VOL-UP+MENU+POWER, Logo appear just about 2 sec and blank screen, and the logo re-appear again and continue to boot screen and system running normally. I press again the VOL-UP+MENU+POWER but this time NO COMMAND and back to STOCK RECOVERY ...

On ODIN v.3.04 say PASS and do the above. but still no luck.

DEMON .... GET AWAY FROM MY PHONE ...

jackeagle

Staff member
Apr 11, 2013
XDA
Remix OS
Elocity A7
Nope ... Still not working ...

Let me know what i did wrong.

FIRST ATTEMPT

1. Download the recovery
2. Start Odin (Run as Administrator i'm using w7)
3. Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time is Tick nothing else
4. ID:COM status is 0:[COM22]
5. PDA Tick and choose the recovery files.
6. Start

7. Press VOL-UP + MENU + POWER
8. No Command - Stock Recovery mode but not CWM

SECOND ATTEMPT
Same as above but i don't select the Auto Reboot.

On ODIN v3.07 didnt say PASS but RESET so I press VOL-UP+MENU+POWER, Logo appear just about 2 sec and blank screen, and the logo re-appear again and continue to boot screen and system running normally. I press again the VOL-UP+MENU+POWER but this time NO COMMAND and back to STOCK RECOVERY ...

On ODIN v.3.04 say PASS and do the above. but still no luck.

DEMON .... GET AWAY FROM MY PHONE ...

Have flashed Philz recovery using Odin 3.07???
If that doesn't work then I guess it's demon attack:D:D:D

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sophronismos

Aug 27, 2012
This is all the text in my download mode

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: GT-I9082
CURRENT BIN: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom <<< ---- weird tho ???

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
! Current eMMC firm version
! [VHX_21nm_3bitMLC_8GB_p10]
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still no luck, demon still possessed my phone!

Maybe already have CWM inside but the demon wont let me in, VOL-UP+MENU+POWER, only show the samsung white text couple of second and looks like rebooted again to samsung white text and shows samsung logo then continue to system. Can't get into recovery mode event into stock recovery ....

WHAT SHOULD I DO .... PLEASE ... IF IT WORKS I WONT FLASH STOCK ROM AGAIN ... EVER ... AND EVER ... UNTIL BRICK BY IT SELF

sophronismos

Aug 27, 2012
NVM, i just redo everything ....

1. Flash again from ODIN I9082XXUBMJ4_I9082OLBBMJ2_I9082DXUBMI1_HOME.tar.md5
2. wait until no. 1 finished ...
3. Flash again from ODIN recovery_20131210.tar
4. Enter CWM mode (VolUP+MENU+POWER)
5. Flash using CWM UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip
6. Done!!!!
7. CASE CLOSED ....
8. How to close thread ???
9. Thank ya all ...
10. Wise man said, "NEVER FLASH STOCK ROM IF YOU ALREADY ROOTED" ...

jackeagle

Staff member
Apr 11, 2013
XDA
Remix OS
Elocity A7
NVM, i just redo everything ....

1. Flash again from ODIN I9082XXUBMJ4_I9082OLBBMJ2_I9082DXUBMI1_HOME.tar.md5
2. wait until no. 1 finished ...
3. Flash again from ODIN recovery_20131210.tar
4. Enter CWM mode (VolUP+MENU+POWER)
5. Flash using CWM UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip
6. Done!!!!
7. CASE CLOSED ....
8. How to close thread ???
9. Thank ya all ...
10. Wise man said, "NEVER FLASH STOCK ROM IF YOU ALREADY ROOTED" ...

Really problem solved?? Good work bro congratulations...:D:D
"NEVER FLASH STOCK ROM IF YOU ALREADY ROOTED"

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

saudkhan75

May 2, 2014
Mumbai

sophronismos

Aug 27, 2012
Hello,
Please tell me that how did you solved the problem.
I'm facing the same problem and not getting the CWM recovery, in fact, many other users of GT-19082 is facing the same problems.
Please help me.
Thankyou in advance. :) :D

Check my #11 post ... and you need to download your own stock rom at http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I9082 and check for your region.

For me, i download the I9082XXUBMK7 firmware version for Galaxy Grand Duos (GT-I9082) from region XSE! (XSE for Indonesia) and follow my step on #11"]post #11

Last edited:
Reactions: saudkhan75

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

Hello,
    Please tell me that how did you solved the problem.
    I'm facing the same problem and not getting the CWM recovery, in fact, many other users of GT-19082 is facing the same problems.
    Please help me.
    Thankyou in advance. :) :D

Check my #11 post ... and you need to download your own stock rom at http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I9082 and check for your region.

For me, i download the I9082XXUBMK7 firmware version for Galaxy Grand Duos (GT-I9082) from region XSE! (XSE for Indonesia) and follow my step on #11"]post #11