HTC M8 Prime coming out? What do you think?

Search This thread

kirdroid

Feb 21, 2011
Seattle
Bla.. Sell this one buy the new one. Should companies stop making phone and adhere to some useless timelines like make a phone every year or 2 years etc. There is a new snapdragon 805 coming, new phones with QHD displays coming out soon. It will be foolish of HTC or any other company to wait till next year to release a phone with the new soc, screens etc.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jonny68

MindfulSheep

Apr 20, 2014
Qualcomm's Snapdragon 805 is going to be insane that's for sure. But if the rumors are true about the screen being 5.5 inch, I definitely don't want one. I'm drawing the line at a 5 inch screen, and I'm going to pray to every god I can think of that they don't decide to make the standard any bigger lol.

snowwhite007

Jan 17, 2011
Scotland
Technology moves fast if you wait around you would never buy anything.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

NIK516

Mar 4, 2010
I'll wait and see what it's got before I pull the trigger , but if it's got the same looks and size with an updated camera I'll be buying it

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

grentuu

Jan 9, 2011
Just outside of Manchester UK
When is a phone not a phone.

When it becomes a phablet. I think their is a fine line to what you can hold sensibly like a phone. Even if you have huge mitts.

I have large hands and this is my limit, size wise for a daily driver. Being able to fit in my pocket etc.

But second devices are always good ;)

foxmeister

Mar 10, 2008
Ealing
When is a phone not a phone.

When it becomes a phablet.

People have been saying this since the original Galaxy Note came out. At the time, most industry commenters expected the Note to fail spectacularly, but it, and its successors, were a massive commercial success.

But second devices are always good

Whilst I have an M8, it isn't my primary phone - that's a Galaxy Note 3. So, my M8 is my secondary device! ;)

I don't care if people say it's "too big" because for my purposes I don't find that to be the case at all - and I don't have overly large hands and find the Note 3 perfectly pocketable.

The point is that we all have different needs and requirements.

Regards,

Dave

grentuu

Jan 9, 2011
People have been saying this since the original Galaxy Note came out. At the time, most industry commenters expected the Note to fail spectacularly, but it, and its successors, were a massive commercial success.

Whilst I have an M8, it isn't my primary phone - that's a Galaxy Note 3. So, my M8 is my secondary device! ;)

I don't care if people say it's "too big" because for my purposes I don't find that to be the case at all - and I don't have overly large hands and find the Note 3 perfectly pocketable.

The point is that we all have different needs and requirements.

Regards,

Dave

Each to their own.... I just find it funny when I see people raise something the size of a small child to their ears ;)

foxmeister

Mar 10, 2008
Ealing
Each to their own.... I just find it funny when I see people raise something the size of a small child to their ears ;)

I'd hazard a guess then that you're significantly younger than me! :)

My first hand portable phone was a Nokia Orange: http://www.mobilephonehistory.co.uk/nokia/nokia_2140.php

It was over double the size (volumetrically) than my Note 3, and, obviously, a far less capable device with a lot lower battery life. It was also one of the first GSM (digital) devices, and as such much smaller than most of the analogue phones you could get back then.

My point is that it didn't really seem silly or unusual to have such a large device back then.

Given how much more capable modern phones are, I don't have a problem with the size, because, for me, the benefits of the large screen massively outweigh any disadvantages (of which there are surprisingly few). I'd happily add a few mm and grams to the Note 3 (and my M8 for that matter) to get an even bigger battery, but I digress!

Regards,

Dave

grentuu

Jan 9, 2011

Regards,

Dave

Ok.... It's give me a clue time. ;)

I was born before the Beatles came to fame.

Quite a few years before Armstrong stood on the moon....

Our house phone looked like this
phone.jpg

My TV looked like this
TV.jpg

and our neighbours used to come in and sit and watch with us... :)

Technology spent years trying to 'downsize' their products and now all of a sudden it wants big and brash again. Incidentally, are we heading back to here? (My first mobile)
large.jpg

I have no problems with the bigger products. Like I said, it's just when people hold them to their ears.

Incidentally you young whippersnapper...who wins the age argument ;)

Take care
Rob

P.S. Sorry for being Off topic OP - but it is kind of relevant ;)

Last edited:

blackice666

Sep 2, 2007
I dont think HTC will start selling a device just like their flagship but more powerful. They will aim an other market, and the 5.5 Inch rumor makes sense. I personally own the M8 and for my personal preferences thats the maximum size for a phone. There are people which are ok with their One MAX or Note 3. I just think this device will not be out to compete with the One M8

charly-whiskey

Jan 8, 2009
Soest
www.cwgc.de

My first hand portable phone was a Nokia Orange: http://www.mobilephonehistory.co.uk/nokia/nokia_2140.php

It was over double the size (volumetrically) than my Note 3, and, obviously, a far less capable device with a lot lower battery life. It was also one of the first GSM (digital) devices, and as such much smaller than most of the analogue phones you could get back then.

My point is that it didn't really seem silly or unusual to have such a large device back then.

Given how much more capable modern phones are, I don't have a problem with the size, because, for me, the benefits of the large screen massively outweigh any disadvantages (of which there are surprisingly few). I'd happily add a few mm and grams to the Note 3 (and my M8 for that matter) to get an even bigger battery, but I digress!

Regards,

Dave

Good point. Actually, at those days we used to make a call with the phone in our hands. Today I have a bt-headset and a pebble, which let me keep my phone in the pocket unless I need to google or read mails. Then, of course, size matters!

BTW, my jeans pockets are the same size than those of 1994, so what?

We will soon see that even Apple steps away from their masters voice, which claimed "nobody needs a phone bigger that an iPhone".

Simer03

Apr 17, 2010
If u already have the m8, what's the point? Its not like these phones can get faster...

Just change transition speeds to .5x and your phone will be on crack...bam...faster! :p :p :p

Sent from my HTC M8

Demonaire

Dec 9, 2012
Oxford
the m8 is already on crack, the prime maybe on meth :p

Yeah, I underclocked and undervolted my CPU, constantly uses power saving mode, and my M8 still handles all the multitasking and games flawlessly.

The thing is, smartphones are significantly over-powered nowadays. In terms of usage, the jump from S801 to S805 or anything faster would be far less necessary in at least a year.

Ark1406

Jul 13, 2013
The prime would probably just have better specs. No point in it since I end up underclocking my CPU to 1.8GHz and only using 3 cores lol. Still don't see any lag.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bla.. Sell this one buy the new one. Should companies stop making phone and adhere to some useless timelines like make a phone every year or 2 years etc. There is a new snapdragon 805 coming, new phones with QHD displays coming out soon. It will be foolish of HTC or any other company to wait till next year to release a phone with the new soc, screens etc.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    If u already have the m8, what's the point? Its not like these phones can get faster...

Just change transition speeds to .5x and your phone will be on crack...bam...faster! :p :p :p

Sent from my HTC M8

wait, you get fast when you are on crack? damn! i do the opposite.
    you must be special. :good:

Sent from my HTC M8

the m8 is already on crack, the prime maybe on meth :p