[Solved] xdabbed's backup file for d802-20d FW

Search This thread

izanaghi

May 29, 2014
Hi everybody,

First post ! unfortunately it is because I need help...

I recently upgrade my firmware and I was about to reinstall the xdabbed's camera mod but I unfortunately backup the already modified file system.

Therefore, it would be really helpfull if someone could send me their backup of the system folder.

thanks!

Last edited:

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
Google Pixel 4
Hi everybody,

First post ! unfortunately it is because I need help...

I recently upgrade my firmware and I was about to reinstall the xdabbed's camera mod but I unfortunately backup the already modified file system.

Therefore, it would be really helpfull if someone could send me their backup of the system folder.

thanks!

Do you have access to custom recovery ?

izanaghi

May 29, 2014
Do you have access to custom recovery ?

the phone is rooted but I haven't installed any custom recovery.

I thought i could be possible to grab someone's backup system archive and use the xdabbed apk to restore default applications.

Actually I should describe a bit more the problem, the camera is there, the player is there but the gallery has disappeared.

There is an LGgallery.apk that comes with xdabbed package but i can't install it. When I try a manual install (just launch the apk), it is just telling me that the app couldn't be installed.

hope we can do something from it, otherwise I'll install a custom recovery and follow any advises you might have,

Thanks,

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
Google Pixel 4
The thing is:

I can provide you with a restore package(also apk) but I wouldn't advise it. (it's unsafe replacing files on a LIVE android system)

If something happens and you don't have a custom recovery then your only solution is to flash a kdz.

So the best thing would be to install recovery.

If you want the apk I'll send it to you, until now it worked 2 of 2 times for restoring. Again..i would advise the recovery.

+you don't install the lggallery.apk, you copy it to /system/priv-app and chmod 644

first delete the lggallery.odex

izanaghi

May 29, 2014
The thing is:

I can provide you with a restore package(also apk) but I wouldn't advise it. (it's unsafe replacing files on a LIVE android system)

If something happens and you don't have a custom recovery then your only solution is to flash a kdz.

So the best thing would be to install recovery.

If you want the apk I'll send it to you, until now it worked 2 of 2 times for restoring. Again..i would advise the recovery.

+you don't install the lggallery.apk, you copy it to /system/priv-app and chmod 644

first delete the lggallery.odex

Ok so i replaced the old LGgallery, remove the odex, changed permission and reboot but no luck with that.

installing a custom recovery sounds quite complex and I am ready to take a risk and try your archive. (hope it'll do the trick)

Otherwise I'll resort to install a recovery,

Many thanks

izanaghi

May 29, 2014
Actually it's 1 click and it's installed. If the apk fails and you bootloop then you can't install recovery(or boot).

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

If you want to risk:

modified xdabbeb's installer(install the stock files)[/URL]

If you want the recovery way(installing recovery is one click job) tell me

I am usually stubborn but I listen the advise this time, could you advise me on the best way to do it or direct me to an appropriate thread?

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
Google Pixel 4
Since you are already rooted.

first: download this

It's the flashable zip for the camera(thx to bruce) (put it on sdcard(internal storage))

then

1. AutoRec d802 You say you've got the d802 right ? Then this one.

Install..Run..Press YES. Allow permissions. Press Flash, wait.. When it says it's done then it's done.

Then press "to recovery" see if it reboots. If it does, you should see TWRP..just press install zip, choose the newly dloaded file.

izanaghi

May 29, 2014
Since you are already rooted.

first: download

It's the flashable zip for the camera(thx to bruce) (put it on sdcard(internal storage))

then

1. You say you've got the d802 right ? Then this one.

Install..Run..Press YES. Allow permissions. Press Flash, wait.. When it says it's done then it's done.

Then press "to recovery" see if it reboots. If it does, you should see TWRP..just press install zip, choose the newly dloaded file.

Many thx to Bruce and yourself but I did as described installed TWRP (worked), install the zip (worked), reboot (updated 1 app) but still no sign of the damned Gallery????

What am I missing?