Unable to turn on Wifi after ERE27 update

Search This thread

cheetah2k

May 27, 2008
Brisbane
I dont know whats going on.

After flashing the latest radio, i cant turn on wifi anymore. It simply comes up saying "unable to start wi-fi"

I had a rooted phont (t-mobile ver) and I went to the Mocodo website, paid the GB$9.99 for a years subscription. Got the latest radio upgrade and used fastboot flash radio radio.img to load it. After that I cannot get the wifi to work.

I also flashed with an original boot.img for the first version of the rom, so that I could try to get the latest update (after rooting).. I dont know if this has anything to do with it

What did I do wrong?

help!

Last edited:

tatail

Apr 12, 2008
Same problem,

The only difference I have is that after update everything was fine, but when I rooted the phone it can't enable Wifi anymore.

I did a few Factory rest but still same thing, tried to flash the radio only but wouldn't allow me.

I still have the stock recovery no custom recovery.

Any help would be appreciated it.

chmilu

Nov 3, 2009
I am not sure if it's because I flashed boot.ERE27.superboot.himem.img, or WyContacts1.0r2, I can't turn on my WIFI now.

chmilu

Nov 3, 2009
chmilu, you said yours was fine?

Flash back to stock ERE27, and if that doesn't help flash back to stock ERD79 via the full images.

P

Yes, it's quite strange, I was tring to find the reason now.

I just flashed nexusone.superboot.1.1.img again, but it doesn't work for WIFI anyway, I will try to reinstall the radio.

tonyx3

Jan 27, 2010
I had the no Wi-Fi problem after installing the update from modaco, and then the radio update (I couldn't use the OTA because my phone was rooted).

I fixed it by re-flashing the main update from modaco, and then re-rooting with his new superboot (I used the superboot.himem img).

I think maybe the problem was caused by re-rooting the first time with superboot 1.1?? Maybe not, but as soon as I switched to the new one, it worked fine, and it's all good now!

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
You probably have a mismatched wireless ko and kernel.

If you flash the himem superboot then go back to a regular one, you'll need to recopy the wireless ko, as superboot installs it's new one.

P

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
Just reflashed the stock ERE27 image and you'll get the stock KO and the stock kernel back. Check everything works again then you can re-use the highmem superboot.

P

chmilu

Nov 3, 2009
Just reflashed the stock ERE27 image and you'll get the stock KO and the stock kernel back. Check everything works again then you can re-use the highmem superboot.

P

I am flashing ERE27 now and wish it works fine later.
I already flashed the old superboot and it'f OK with ERE27, I will try to flash highmen again.