[OFFICIAL] Korean Galaxy S III (SHW-M440S/SHV-E210S/K/L) Thread

Search This thread

p33k

Jun 18, 2012
Busan
I think i make a big mistake .
I install clockworkmod for 9300 use only on my shw m440s
Since this date my phone doesn t want to start.
I install an official ROM but my phone stay in system custom And don t want to go after the screen galaxy ....
May someone help me.

If you installed a custom rom for the I9300 then you must install a modified kernel. On my m440s page I have link to the kernel converter. CWM 6.0.1.9 works fine on m440s though.

Sent from my SHW-M440S which thinks it's an GT-I9300 on Omega rom using xda app-developers app

Raca_teo

Sep 22, 2011
Codlea
Can someone help me get the Sim Tool Kit menu on my shv-e210k? I've searched the whole web and didn't find anything that could help.

Raca_teo

Sep 22, 2011
Codlea
it will show up if you sim/usim supports it, the icon will just show up.

My sim does support this... i've tested it on another phone and it shows up. i'm using the modified version of the 4.1.2 ROM. I need this feature because I have a dual number Sim card and the only way to commute between the two numbers is through the sim toolkit menu

serec

Dec 31, 2012
droping calls

I have samsung galaxy s3 SHV-e210K
I cant make a call. It always drops, can someone pls tell me how to fix it pls.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

I have samsung galaxy s3 SHV-e210K
I cant make a call. It always drops, can someone pls tell me how to fix it pls.

LovelyDay

Jan 11, 2013
M440S For 4.1.2 JB ROM vibration intensity not adjust

M440S*for 4.1.2 JB Rom Vibration intensity Problem

My*m440s*JB 4.1.2 Custom Rom Message Application (ex; kakao, line)

Vibration intensity always fullnot adjust..help me

i change 0~fullbut always full...

nonsense... 4.1.1 base rom nothing vibration intensity problem.. (adjust possible)

but!!! 4.1.2 base rom all vibration intensity problem...(adjust impossible)

mestery....

diontoradan

Mar 23, 2011
Just got a SHV-E210L, LG U+ LTE Galaxy S3.

Actually i was looking for verizon S3 to be paired with my local cdma provider.
But i stumble upon a korean S3 and got hooked with quad core + 2gb mem.
When i purchased, the seller told me its running in GSM.
Right now im sticking it with a gsm sim card, which is nicely connected.

But after founding out that LG U+ is actually a cdma provider, does my S3 work with CDMA simcard?
if so, i would like it to be my cdma phone, not gsm.

machedo

Feb 13, 2013
Jakarta
www.machedostore.com
See my review!

I'm sorry I'm using my mother language, Bahasa Indonesia.

Just check it out:
reviewing body

UI + Benchmark:

I currently using SHV-E210K in Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 :good:

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

I'm sorry I'm using my mother language, Bahasa Indonesia.

Just check it out:
reviewing body

UI + Benchmark:

I currently using SHV-E210K in Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 :good:

If you have any question, just ask me.
Email: machedostore.com
Whatsapp: +6281808145212

Sent from my SHV-E210K using xda app-developers app

big_kev

Jul 19, 2008
Finally got LTE/4G working on Telstra with SHV-e210k.

To help anyone else who may have the same problem (or encounters it in the future)...you have to change the Telstra APN (Access Point Name under Mobile Network settings) to "telstra.internet"...(by default it is probably telstra.wap or telstra.iph, but for 4g, it MUST end in .internet).

So, in summary, I can add to the list of getting the phone confirmed working on Telstra 4G and 3G (however, 3G will no longer work after 31 August 2012 on Telstra as they are turning off their 2100mhz 3G network...so it will only be 4G or dreadfully slow 2G/GSM).

HOWEVER - unless I'm messing something up - you cannot send or receive calls if in 4g mode. I'm guessing because you have to force the phone to LTE only to get 4g, and there is no voice over 4g. So I had to switch back to 3g in the end so I could use both voice and data. So looks like Telstra 4g and this phone are incompatible after all unless you don't care about voice.

Optus is probably the best choice for the phone in Australia as you can use their 3G and 4G (their 4G is apparently coming 'very soon' - in the next few months...testing is complete).

Ive got a SHV-E210S which i got from korea, Im using Telstra and Optus but i couldnt get the phone connect to the 4G network. I had changed the APN to telstra.internet already but it still showing 3G. I had call customer services for Telstra and Optus but they just cant help me so I just want to ask if anyone on the forum knows the setting. Thanks

p33k

Jun 18, 2012
Busan
Ive got a SHV-E210S which i got from korea, Im using Telstra and Optus but i couldnt get the phone connect to the 4G network. I had changed the APN to telstra.internet already but it still showing 3G. I had call customer services for Telstra and Optus but they just cant help me so I just want to ask if anyone on the forum knows the setting. Thanks

Pretty sure the S and K models use a different lte frequency. You need to see if the phones frequencies match with phone companies. If not you'll be stuck with 3g.

Sent from my SHW-M440S which thinks it's an GT-I9300 on Omega rom using xda app-developers app

nrg2xl

Sep 22, 2010
You can use the SKT Hidden Menu to change the frequency to LTE 1800 but you won't be able to make or receive calls. I can confirm this setting works for LTE data on both the Telstra and Optus networks. If you figure out a way to also enable voice, please let me know.

Sent from my SHV-E210S using Tapatalk 2

DjGeNeSiS

Jun 29, 2009
oslo
you have to choose between 4g or 3g(including 2g) usage, and 4g is for data only.

Why do you say that? Is it because it doesn't support CS fallback or are there any technical issues?

Does anyone know if the SHV-E210K will work on any LTE1800 network that the iPhone5 frequencies work?

Thanks,
George

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
Why do you say that? Is it because it doesn't support CS fallback or are there any technical issues?

Does anyone know if the SHV-E210K will work on any LTE1800 network that the iPhone5 frequencies work?

Thanks,
George

it's either 4G only data on LTE1800 no calls available, or 3g and below only for data and calls.

DjGeNeSiS

Jun 29, 2009
oslo
it's either 4G only data on LTE1800 no calls available, or 3g and below only for data and calls.

Why is that? I don't get it, i have never heard that before.
If the phone supports CSFB then this should not be the case.

LTE is only for data, sure, but when a call is about to begin, the phone falls back to 3G and performs a normal call, then reselects back to 4G.

Can you explain why this does not work for the E210K?
What type of LTE network do they have in KOREA? LTE-FDD or LTE-TDD? I can't find it.

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
Why is that? I don't get it, i have never heard that before.
If the phone supports CSFB then this should not be the case.

LTE is only for data, sure, but when a call is about to begin, the phone falls back to 3G and performs a normal call, then reselects back to 4G.

Can you explain why this does not work for the E210K?
What type of LTE network do they have in KOREA? LTE-FDD or LTE-TDD? I can't find it.

may be you should ask samsung that.

Top Liked Posts