Battery life

Search This thread

dsmitty166

Aug 31, 2010
Sioux Center, Iowa
I dont know why you guys do factory reset. that has nothing to do with battery. if you want to do a reset, you gotta do battery reset ( there is app in the market that does that, or even rom toolbox has that feature)
I also got rid of maps, hate the fact it keeps running even when I do not use it. Installed waze from the market, love it! not sure what att software update is useful for, it keeps running in the background...

Actually, resetting battery stats with that app does nothing. Do a search. The stats are reset at full charge every time.

And actually if you have a bad app or something from tibu that your phone does not like, a factory reset will solve it.

Sent from my SGH-I717R using xda premium

Eddie Bombay

Jun 25, 2011
Averaging 5 hours SCREEN TIME now with Juice Defender. :D

Didn't really want to use JD, since I've always used it on my previous phones but meh.. :eek:

4b53570e-22a5-455e.jpg

Last edited:

rtubbs85

Mar 19, 2010
rosamond
Anyone else experiencing horrible battery life?
at 30% after 5.5.hours and no use. Sync off display at 20%. I understand I'm not in a gear signal area at work, but this is bad

Sent from my Inspire 4G with ICS!

If use wifi all day and I last through a full 10 hour work day and most of the night at home

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Eddie Bombay

Jun 25, 2011
This might amaze some if you. Over a day with going on now 3.5 hrs if screen time.

c6e4d80f-fa41-dc9e.jpg

c6e4d80f-fa75-5f59.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717

theonedub

Dec 27, 2007
This might amaze some if you. Over a day with going on now 3.5 hrs if screen time.

http://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4d80f-fa41-dc9e.jpg[/IM

[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4d80f-fa75-5f59.jpg[/IM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717[/QUOTE]

Not bad, your battery life is definitely improving. Is your improvement due solely to juice defender? I'd be interested in trying it just to see what happens.

I've uploaded the screen grab of my 1d6hr charge with 4hr20min screen time. The charge actually jumps up a little which I assume is part of the battery still calibrating since it was never plugged in.

Attachments

• 4hr.jpg
    4hr.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 40

eliter1

Feb 25, 2012
I rooted Wed and I got terrible battery life today. I did not use the phone for most of the time and it died after about 7 hours, 5 of which it was just sitting in my backpack. I have gone over a day before I rooted without a problem. I still don't know what the cause is but I will see how it goes tomorrow and if it persists I am un-rooting to see if that has an effect.

Russll

Feb 9, 2012
My battery doesn't last me the whole day as others are seeing. Idk why... the signal is fine, automatic brightness is on, I'm using a simple launcher that doesn't use much juice. I don't get it.

Eddie Bombay

Jun 25, 2011
Not bad, your battery life is definitely improving. Is your improvement due solely to juice defender? I'd be interested in trying it just to see what happens.

I've uploaded the screen grab of my 1d6hr charge with 4hr20min screen time. The charge actually jumps up a little which I assume is part of the battery still calibrating since it was never plugged in.

This is what I've done so far:
Rooted the phone.
Supercharge script. (need root)
Uninstalled FactoryTest.apk (massive battery drain) (need root)
Juice defender on aggressive setting.

dsmitty166

Aug 31, 2010
Sioux Center, Iowa
This is what I've done so far:
Rooted the phone.
Supercharge script. (need root)
Uninstalled FactoryTest.apk (massive battery drain) (need root)
Juice defender on aggressive setting.

Juice defender does wonders. I'm usually at around 30% by now!

still at 80% after 6 hours! With no cell reception at work!

Sent from my SGH-I717R using xda premium

StarLog

Apr 29, 2008
Orlando, FLA.
This seems good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1331425671752.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331425671752.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 56

netsyd

Jul 3, 2006
Yesterday: with 7% remaining - 16 hours 20 minutes off the charger - 3 hours 50 minutes of screen time.

JuiceDefender with custom settings but WiFi always on since location awareness seemed to not work right. Brightness at 2 using Battery Toggle Widget.