[Q] Unfinished ROM's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

eollie

Mar 30, 2011
considering i no longer have a sgs4g it would be hard to update it. The rom itself is fine.. Don't see an issue. If you don't like the theme change it. If you don't like the rom learn how to make your own.
Raver this isnt a beef with you, but a beef with how you respond. I have said the same thing to a dev that was one of the first people to create a rom for the Optimus V and created ROMtools when he resurrected his dead rom thread to tell us he wasnt going to work on it anymore. Four months after his last post mind you. Stop posting in the threads update the OP with huge red letters stating its basically dead and break the dl links. That stops people from using your rom. If somebody wants to pick up your work ( much like FB has) then they can create a new thread. This isnt just directed at you either this is for any dev that stops working on a roms and cant ignore the noise after the fact.

With posts like this, why even try?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA
Because there are people that want to see you suceed and get your project working. Prove we dont have to have CM7 to get a port of ICS for our phone.

erikmm dont take this wrong, but how many versions of your rom was released in its first two weeks of life? Personally I would do like chris31jct suggests and get a group of people to test and not release seven versions in two weeks to the public.

Reactions: Somairotevoli

RaverX3X

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2011
Cali
first off ill never break the links sorry as long as xda is around they will be there for people to download use and or modify in which ever way it seems fit. To remove that would go against the whole open source idea. You have a issue with the way i handle posts fine that's your right to feel as if i sound to harsh. You are looking at it from the USER standpoint look at it from a development standpoint. A it takes along time to get power menu mods lock screens modified tabs anything hell even themeing to properly work right. Anyone who has done any work outside of 7z hero skills knows how much time it takes to just even add the simplest things like a power menu and have them work correctly. Heck even Just theremin the dialer and adding different things to that can take up to a few hours. Why do i bring this up because its time now for you to hear the other side.

Look though The threads any threads rom or other wise. You get 1 percent useful log cats 9 percent people that don't have issues with it cause they read the op. and more then not 80-90 percent of people that don't bother to read the op dont post useful log-cats actually with there posts don't post anything useful at all.

Now you ask why did i say 80 90 percent wheres the extra 10 percent. That comes in from other devs or users that decided to help try to better everyone's experience by helping other users with errors and trying to field questions that have been asked and answered or by people that blandly dont read. This is no way directed at the sgs4g community as more of the smart phone community as a whole. People come here just for the roms or to make there phone cool. This is a development website not a make ur phone cool website. weather we have 1 release or 10000 releases That's what this site is about.

Beastmode

Dec 28, 2010
Los Angeles
erikmm dont take this wrong, but how many versions of your rom was released in its first two weeks of life? Personally I would do like chris31jct suggests and get a group of people to test and not release seven versions in two weeks to the public.

lol @ "dont take this wrong"

and as for the many releases i was adding/fixing stuff as i went along, i posted on OP what was going to happen. Also, I havent heard anyone complain about the builds being released as they address a bug or added something cool into it, and you're not going to change what I do, **** i might release nightly builds HAHA. As for you, one simple solution don't flash it til it's final.

as for your "personally I would do like..."
then do it and stop *****ing at everything, if you want a final rom release then read do it and zip it. I've tried to just let things slide cus im a pretty cool chill guy but you just gotta stay quiet sometimes.

Last edited:
Reactions: hechoen

eollie

Mar 30, 2011
People come here just for the roms or to make there phone cool. This is a development website not a make ur phone cool website. weather we have 1 release or 10000 releases That's what this site is about.
Thank you for your post. I understand the time it takes. I have spent hours sitting with a theme port for go launcher and coudnt figure out what I was doing wrong. Contacted the dev of the original theme and within 20 minutes we nailed the problem down. I know this takes time and people do it in spare time. Honestly it doesnt matter if this was called xda-users or xda-hackers, this site is open to the public. You have the public that comes here to use your roms. If you dont want the roms released to the public then dont post open-ended links. Make all downloads require a password. Im sorry but saying anything else is a excuse. No really it is. You werent always a dev here. You had to learn and ask questions.

Answer this as honest as you can. If you dont consider this a place to get rom that make your phone cool or work better why do you release here? Wouldnt it be better to submit your work to google, samsung, or cyanogenmod? Why did you come to xda in the first place?

That is your hostile opinion of me coming out. Ignore the name posting and read my post again. Open minded and as if raver was the one posting. You will have a different view I guarantee it.

I've tried to just let things slide cus im a pretty cool chill guy but you just gotta stay quiet sometimes.
Good on you being a chill guy. Ill refer you to my response to henchmen. You cant honestly tell me Im wrong. It doesnt matter tho.

Beastmode

Dec 28, 2010
Los Angeles
Good on you being a chill guy. Ill refer you to my response to henchmen. You cant honestly tell me Im wrong. It doesnt matter tho.

I read your post and came back with my response all on my own, doesn't matter who wrote it. Why don't you take a page from airfluip's book and think before they talk.

Also, it's funny how you reply to what's convenient. but as i told raver you are less than worthless to me and will not let your opinions ruin my day. So, hope you have a good one boy, try to mature then come back and talk to the men/women in here.

EDIT:

Lastly, dude idk what you have against Raver but if you weren't such a douche you would realize the dude's cool, he's helped me plenty of times. He's given me advice on my rom, he's helped me learn how to modify android system. So I am grateful for that. I don't side with him all the time but when i feel it's right I do, when not the i dont. But **** from all the users here i would say raver, hechoen, bhund, fb and a few others are the nicest people around.

Last edited:

RaverX3X

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2011
Cali
instead of quoting and re quoting. I can answer your question. Because this site was originally intended for developers to share there work with other like minded developers to make smartphones more customizable. Learn how to develop for the android embedded device platform. and or even before android how to modify standard feature phones. Seance now smart phones are the norm IT brings a lot of i want the best now give me give me give me. Weather its a alpha pre alpha mod tweak new app new api new firmware. It has stages of development. It also like any software has old releases and new releases some defunct some still in progress. The Point is anyone can pick it up anyone can still use it anyone can leave a comment.

hechoen

May 7, 2011
That is your hostile opinion of me coming out. .

Read my post again. There was no hostility. Simply a polite suggestion to keep things to yourself. Now that we have cleared that up I'll give you my opinion of you. You are a waste of my and this forums time. Back to the ignore list you go.

eollie

Mar 30, 2011
Lastly, dude idk what you have against Raver but if you weren't such a douche you would realize the dude's cool, he's helped me plenty of times. He's given me advice on my rom, he's helped me learn how to modify android system. So I am grateful for that. I don't side with him all the time but when i feel it's right I do, when not the i dont. But **** from all the users here i would say raver, hechoen, bhund, fb and a few others are the nicest people around.
see that is the problem I DONT have a problem with raver. I suggest something and everybody thinks Im trying to start **** with him. Do you ever post in the open forum when you disagree with raver? It seems when people do there is ten people that come along and rip on them. Nobody wants to be ripped on so it safe to assume these things arent posted in public. However I dont care if people flame me. Its good to see people with differing opinions and having a reasonable discussion.

instead of quoting and re quoting. I can answer your question. Because this site was originally intended for developers to share there work with other like minded developers to make smartphones more customizable.
That explains what you think xda is. But why do you post your roms here? Do you agree that if you dont want people using them to have a cool phone or whatever your work would be better submitted to google, samsung? Then they could deal with supporting the things you do.

@henchmen No you do have hostility towards me or you would understand Im offering a legitimate way to avoid the questions like the OP of this thread. Its cool tho the ignore feature is there for people that are weak. /shrug.

Beastmode

Dec 28, 2010
Los Angeles
ok new plan guys:

feed_trolls.gif

:p

eollie

Mar 30, 2011
And yet you just have to post. Why not take your own advice?

Why is everybody focusing on my comments to raver and you? Why cant you comment on what I said to thomas? I know why because you cant disagree with it.

erikmm said:
**** i might release nightly builds HAHA
That would be cool. However I think the mods would like you to annotate in your title that. I could be wrong.

I meant to address that earlier. You are missing the point chris31jct and I are making. If people (the developer of the rom) have a problem with people asking why there is no final release or why there is so many versions wouldnt it be better to release those build versions to people on a limited basis? You havnet answered that yet you keep dancing the subject.

PhantomSectre

Account currently disabled
Sep 25, 2011
OnePlus 6T
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Jeez, it was just a question. Why start a war of words? I'm a noob, and I'm just trying to get a feel for things. All you had to say to me was "STFU and wait it out like everyone else". I only asked because I see threads that just seem to stop updating and I wonder what's up. Cut me some slack, eh? I'm not a programmer or a troll! Perhaps I worded my question wrong... or perhaps you took it wrong... so shoot me!

C

chris31jct

@PhantomSpectre

At least you've learned something about posting. Posts here are taken as an offense. I think even a "have a good day" would bring the fireworks. Welcome to the XDA SGS4G forum.

PG101

RC-RT Liaison Admin - Devil's Advocate
Staff member
Aug 12, 2008
Alright guys!!

XDA - "Developers"

Let the development continue :) Its all about sharing and developing. If it is unfinished and yet up for testing, I am sure that the OP will put sufficient info in the first post.

If its ready.. enjoy.. if you want to change it.. take permission.. if you want to use it.. pls do.. its free as the dev put countless hours to bring it to you..

You wanna complain about unfinished work... DONT!! Unless its seriously going to harm your phone.

Such threads help no one but feed the trolls.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    first off ill never break the links sorry as long as xda is around they will be there for people to download use and or modify in which ever way it seems fit. To remove that would go against the whole open source idea. You have a issue with the way i handle posts fine that's your right to feel as if i sound to harsh. You are looking at it from the USER standpoint look at it from a development standpoint. A it takes along time to get power menu mods lock screens modified tabs anything hell even themeing to properly work right. Anyone who has done any work outside of 7z hero skills knows how much time it takes to just even add the simplest things like a power menu and have them work correctly. Heck even Just theremin the dialer and adding different things to that can take up to a few hours. Why do i bring this up because its time now for you to hear the other side.

Look though The threads any threads rom or other wise. You get 1 percent useful log cats 9 percent people that don't have issues with it cause they read the op. and more then not 80-90 percent of people that don't bother to read the op dont post useful log-cats actually with there posts don't post anything useful at all.

Now you ask why did i say 80 90 percent wheres the extra 10 percent. That comes in from other devs or users that decided to help try to better everyone's experience by helping other users with errors and trying to field questions that have been asked and answered or by people that blandly dont read. This is no way directed at the sgs4g community as more of the smart phone community as a whole. People come here just for the roms or to make there phone cool. This is a development website not a make ur phone cool website. weather we have 1 release or 10000 releases That's what this site is about.
    Alright guys!!

XDA - "Developers"

Let the development continue :) Its all about sharing and developing. If it is unfinished and yet up for testing, I am sure that the OP will put sufficient info in the first post.

If its ready.. enjoy.. if you want to change it.. take permission.. if you want to use it.. pls do.. its free as the dev put countless hours to bring it to you..

You wanna complain about unfinished work... DONT!! Unless its seriously going to harm your phone.

Such threads help no one but feed the trolls.

Cheers!
    Just curious, but...

It seems like, as of late, someone starts to build a new ROM, then stops updating after 2 or 3 rc's, leaving the ROM unfinished. I understand the ROMs are created in someone's spare time, but why start a ROM if you never intend to finish it? Why not finish it before you start something else, or just delete the development thread so we're not sitting here waiting for the next release that never seems to come? No offense to anyone, just curious.
    Just curious, but...

It seems like, as of late, someone starts to build a new ROM, then stops updating after 2 or 3 rc's, leaving the ROM unfinished. I understand the ROMs are created in someone's spare time, but why start a ROM if you never intend to finish it? Why not finish it before you start something else, or just delete the development thread so we're not sitting here waiting for the next release that never seems to come? No offense to anyone, just curious.

Quit flashing ROMs since you'll never have a 100% guarantee that someone will finish a ROM. Go back to stock GB which has a bad modem and reboot problems. Oh wait, Samsung didn't exactly give you a good ROM either. ;)
    considering i no longer have a sgs4g it would be hard to update it. The rom itself is fine.. Don't see an issue. If you don't like the theme change it. If you don't like the rom learn how to make your own.
    Raver this isnt a beef with you, but a beef with how you respond. I have said the same thing to a dev that was one of the first people to create a rom for the Optimus V and created ROMtools when he resurrected his dead rom thread to tell us he wasnt going to work on it anymore. Four months after his last post mind you. Stop posting in the threads update the OP with huge red letters stating its basically dead and break the dl links. That stops people from using your rom. If somebody wants to pick up your work ( much like FB has) then they can create a new thread. This isnt just directed at you either this is for any dev that stops working on a roms and cant ignore the noise after the fact.

With posts like this, why even try?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA
    Because there are people that want to see you suceed and get your project working. Prove we dont have to have CM7 to get a port of ICS for our phone.