[Q] Install CWM but SU doesn't work

Search This thread

Marescallus

Mar 23, 2011
New Orleans
I can't install CWM. I know there's that recovery installer apk but my transformer says there was a problem parsing the package. I don't know of any other way. I also tried unrooting my tablet by flashing a WW stock rom and stock recovery but Superuser stayed and it doesn't even work. It's basically all messed up. Can someone help me please?

horndroid

Jan 30, 2012
San Francisco
Since you went back to stock ROM, do wipe data from boot menu and root again with Vipermod, and then try running the recovery installer apk.

Marescallus

Mar 23, 2011
New Orleans
Since you went back to stock ROM, do wipe data from boot menu and root again with Vipermod, and then try running the recovery installer apk.

What boot menu?

What firmware are you on? That message is either a bad download or your firmware is not compatible with the apk.
Now you also say you flash WW ROM and stock recovery, how did you flash it without cwm?

8.2.3.13. I flashed them when I still had CWM and fully rooted.

Marescallus

Mar 23, 2011
New Orleans
Yeah you flashed the repacked ROM. That's pretty outdated firmware. You need to manually update to the latest ICS (if it doesn't auto update), use ViperMod to root and RecoveryInstaller for CWM.

How do I manually update? Is that when you go into settings and stuff and check to see if you have the latest software? Cause I do that and it says that I already have the latest version.

Marescallus

Mar 23, 2011
New Orleans
I tried updating manually but it didn't work. I guess I should include that I tried deleting the superuser files from /system/bin/su and /system/xbin/su. I deleted the one in the xbin because there wasn't one in the bin. It's still messed up.