[Q] any way to enable or add 3g video calling ?

Search This thread

aaki_rocker

Oct 9, 2011
Mumbai
hi !
is there any way to enable or add native 3g video calling !

i know skype, viber, oovoo etc etc are options but i am talking about native video calling like in samsung phones !!

the one which doesn't use data and uses direct 3g service ?

thanks for your interest and replies ! :)

Hunt3r.j2

Jun 6, 2011
hi !
is there any way to enable or add native 3g video calling !

i know skype, viber, oovoo etc etc are options but i am talking about native video calling like in samsung phones !!

the one which doesn't use data and uses direct 3g service ?

thanks for your interest and replies ! :)

....That doesn't exist. All video calling uses data.

westsider_gw

Apr 19, 2008
all samsung phones (except at&t)
lg phone like optimus 2x !
even the gsm evo3d has direct 3g video call !

i am asking is there any solution for vivid ?

Skype is your best bet.
..and the guy above is right.. even with those phones, they still use Data for video calls. You can't send video without data.. thats fact.

G

GuestK00403

I think the OP is referring to Google talk video chat over 3G.
Am I right?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

aaki_rocker

Oct 9, 2011
Mumbai
I think the OP is referring to Google talk video chat over 3G.
Am I right?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

u got it wrong mate ! :eek:
actually i am talking about the video calling option available in the default dialer !!

some phones have it !
coz i have used it in galaxy i9000, galaxy i9100, lg optimus 2x, etc !

samaraki

Jul 21, 2010

You're playing with words...
He means native video support via the phone contacts, like a normal voice call, but using video, it uses your mins or costs if your data plan doesn't give you free mins, rather than using your data allowance, instead of using an app like Skype or Gtalk...

I don't think people even know what normal video calls are. Using Skype or Gtalk on your mobile is new, But doing normal 3g video calls have been available since 2003 in the UK at least.

I dunno why people are like this on forums, it's highly annoying. It's some techie sort of snobbery (word play) or ignorance (as in they don't even know)... Either way I don't like it...
It was pretty obvious what he was asking...

I hate it when people say use Skype instead, that really annoys me, that implies the person you want to call is always on Skype, which they're not. With normal video calls, it calls the number like a voice call, so you have access anytime, as long as they have a 3g signal.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You're playing with words...
    He means native video support via the phone contacts, like a normal voice call, but using video, it uses your mins or costs if your data plan doesn't give you free mins, rather than using your data allowance, instead of using an app like Skype or Gtalk...

I don't think people even know what normal video calls are. Using Skype or Gtalk on your mobile is new, But doing normal 3g video calls have been available since 2003 in the UK at least.

I dunno why people are like this on forums, it's highly annoying. It's some techie sort of snobbery (word play) or ignorance (as in they don't even know)... Either way I don't like it...
    It was pretty obvious what he was asking...

I hate it when people say use Skype instead, that really annoys me, that implies the person you want to call is always on Skype, which they're not. With normal video calls, it calls the number like a voice call, so you have access anytime, as long as they have a 3g signal.