[ROM][Official][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies for the Nexus 4 (mako)

Search This thread

williamcharles

Jan 27, 2011
Mumbai
Anyone can confirm this issue? No thumbnails on mp4 videos. The ones that you upload not the ones that you record.

Here's the CMlog
http://db.tt/KknS5Emo
View attachment 1920347

Here's the Stock log
http://db.tt/bJl2u7o8
View attachment 1920348

Tried on 04/26 build. And M2 and M3 as well. The only thing that bothers me.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk 2

yep the issue exists.. .its kernel level...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

instinctkiller

Aug 6, 2012
Montpellier, France
On M3, SystemUI crashed after the phone was on for 4.5 days. The log says "out of memory", which looks like a leak. Should I log this on JIRA? I don't think I can reproduce it. This could be related to the fact that the multitasking screen sometimes is very slow to appear and draw all its content.

Known and logged on JIRA, thanks.

I have this problem once in a while ! Exactly the same... It stopped the alarm during the night and i was late at work :S

SleemLDJ

Nov 11, 2011
London
Flash light bug:

I have face unlock set for my phone and also I have "toggle torch" set as one of the quick launch shortcuts. This is because I like to access torch without unlocking the phone.

However, when the camera comes on for me to face unlock and I swipe up for toggle torch on at the same time, it force closes and won't turn off even if I swipe back for toggle torch off until I reboot the phone.

I think it crashes because torch doesn't work with camera but should it also affect front camera for face unlock?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: themacroe

ElectricAndi

Dec 18, 2006
Stuttgart
Are the CM Roms compatible with any Radio firmware version? Where can I find information about required radio firmware?

Background: Some update broke my flightmode (phone says flight mode but messages are arriving using wifi, after deaktivating flight mode wifi stays off). For me this looks like my radio fw is not fully compatible with the Rom.

offenberg

Oct 7, 2010
Copenhagen
Anyone can confirm this issue? No thumbnails on mp4 videos. The ones that you upload not the ones that you record.

Here's the CMlog
http://db.tt/KknS5Emo
View attachment 1920347

Here's the Stock log
http://db.tt/bJl2u7o8
View attachment 1920348

Tried on 04/26 build. And M2 and M3 as well. The only thing that bothers me.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk 2

It has been like that forever. Its the same on all cm and aokp based Roms. And it has nothing to do with the kernel.

75markus

Mar 30, 2010
Are the CM Roms compatible with any Radio firmware version? Where can I find information about required radio firmware?

Background: Some update broke my flightmode (phone says flight mode but messages are arriving using wifi, after deaktivating flight mode wifi stays off). For me this looks like my radio fw is not fully compatible with the Rom.

nearly ...

CM 10.1, 4.2.2. requires 0.48 radio officially ...

you can use 0.33 radio, but it will break camera autofocus and perhaps some other things

75markus

Mar 30, 2010
Huh? I've been using .33 forever. It doesn't break auto focus

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

interesting, a lot of people reported that some time ago using the.33 radio ...

i never tried, i use the.48 radio...

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

How can I see what radio version I am currently on ? And if I need this .48 radio, where can I download ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

check "about phone" in settings

you can get the radios in my mediafirefolder

Juggalotus

Apr 29, 2010
interesting, a lot of people reported that some time ago using the.33 radio ...

i never tried, i use the.48 radio...

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

check "about phone" in settings

you can get the radios in my mediafirefolder

It broke my continuous focus. I'm forced to sit on M1 and the .33 radio. :(

jp22382

Mar 31, 2011
Wifi keeps turning itself on, seems to have started happening within the last few days (been running the latest nightlies).

Any way I can figure out if it is a problem with the rom or some app causing it?

I'll turn wifi off when I leave home, phone is in my pocket for a couple hours, battery takes a hit because wifi came back on and was searching the entire time.

republitarian

Sep 3, 2009
Wifi keeps turning itself on, seems to have started happening within the last few days (been running the latest nightlies).

Any way I can figure out if it is a problem with the rom or some app causing it?

I'll turn wifi off when I leave home, phone is in my pocket for a couple hours, battery takes a hit because wifi came back on and was searching the entire time.

If u disable notify me for open networks in the advanced menu of WiFi options. Then WiFi will not hurt battery. I have mine on all day. As far as the WiFi turning on by itself I cannot help u with that.

Reactions: arealcoolhand

jp22382

Mar 31, 2011
If u disable notify me for open networks in the advanced menu of WiFi options. Then WiFi will not hurt battery. I have mine on all day. As far as the WiFi turning on by itself I cannot help u with that.

Hm I do have the notify option disabled.

Something is causing Android OS Keep Awake to eat up my battery, was assuming it was wifi.

Fr33L4nc3r

Jul 29, 2011
Flash light bug:

I have face unlock set for my phone and also I have "toggle torch" set as one of the quick launch shortcuts. This is because I like to access torch without unlocking the phone.

However, when the camera comes on for me to face unlock and I swipe up for toggle torch on at the same time, it force closes and won't turn off even if I swipe back for toggle torch off until I reboot the phone.

I think it crashes because torch doesn't work with camera but should it also affect front camera for face unlock?

I know for sure (and another user had the same issue) that you screw the camera (reboot required) if you are in camera app (back preview mode) and have a smart stay app taking a front picture in the background.

Since the flash is kinda part of the back camera and you're using the front with face unlock, it can't be a coincidence.

Not sure if it's a bug, looks like a hardware limitation to me.

Sent from my Nexus 4

fenstre

Jan 9, 2012
I know for sure (and another user had the same issue) that you screw the camera (reboot required) if you are in camera app (back preview mode) and have a smart stay app taking a front picture in the background.
Have you tried restarting some key system processes to fix the problem without a reboot? On the CyanogenMod on the SGS3, we used to need to "killall -9 mediaserver" (as root) when the camera crashed. If that solves the problem, I can dig out the small standalone app I made that does that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 10.1 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s).
    2. Optional: adb backup
    3. Fastboot oem unlock > fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.
    4. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    5. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    6. Flash CyanogenMod.
    7. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Issues?

Experience issues? As these are nightlies, bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!

Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
    Nightly:
    Download: link

Google Apps addon:
    Use 4.2 gapps:
    Download: link

GENERAL COMMENT AND REQUEST:

We ask all the regular contributors here to please answer the "xxx is broken" or "yyy force closes" statements without an attached logcat with something like "LOGCAT or it didn't happen"

Feel free to be creative but DO NOT respond with wipe cache/clear data or any other attempted solution before the reporting user has taken the trouble to actually try to help solve the problem (e.g. by attaching a logcat, detailed steps to reproduce etc.).

We need to force more discipline in how issues are reported which will help us all find and squash bugs that may exist.

Just clearing data etc. may in fact cause us to never find the bug that caused the issue and just makes for lazy users.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    GENERAL COMMENT AND REQUEST:

From now on, can we ask all the regular contributors here to please answer the "xxx is broken" or "yyy force closes" statements without an attached logcat with something like "LOGCAT or it didn't happen"

Feel free to be creative but DO NOT respond with wipe cache/clear data or any other attempted solution before the reporting user has taken the trouble to actually try to help solve the problem (e.g. by attaching a logcat, detailed steps to reproduce etc.).

We need to force more discipline in how issues are reported which will help us all find and squash bugs that may exist.

Just clearing data etc may in fact cause us to never find the bug that caused the issue and makes for lazy users.
    All,

Please remember that Nightlies are experimental builds and even though we have been lucky thus far that Nexus builds have been fairly stable, we can, and many times do (remember the GPS issue last week), break things in Nightlies.

4.2.2 just got merged this morning and the builds, even for Nexus devices, are not 100% functional yet. Give it a day or two for the device maintainers to work out the kinks and stabilise things.

Please STOP flashing bootloaders, radios, kernels and random 4.2.2 builds and wait patiently for another 24 to 48 hours for things to be sorted out. It won't kill you to wait but it might kill your device if you rush things.
    I'll get flamed for saying this, but the problem with CM is that they've become another OEM skin. The reason it takes so long for Samsung, HTC, Motorola, etc. to update phones to a new version of Android is because of all the customizations they do. Their customizations conflict with AOSP so they have to re-integrate them. Well CM is now in the same boat. it is so highly customized that new versions of Android break their code base.

If anyone remembers when ICS came out, that was the best example of this. It took the CM team so long to port their customizations to ICS, that Jelly Bean ended up being released before CM 9 (ICS) was officially released. They did a better job with Jelly Bean, mostly because the changes to Android weren't as big.

I love CM, and it is always my ROM of choice. But they've strayed so far from their original vision of bringing AOSP to the masses. They are now just another custom OEM skin that retains the AOSP look and feel. I appreciate everything they do and love the customizations, but unfortunately it makes it harder for them to keep phones up to date.

/end rant

Unfortunately you don't know what you are talking about. CM is not, and never will be "an OEM skin".

Our 'customizations' have very little to do with how long it takes to merge a new version. There are many, many other factors that contribute, including ensuring it works well on the many, many devices we support.

Yes, its not always an easy process to bring our features over - especially when Google completely re-architects parts of the system (like lock screen in 4.2) but then if you want AOSP, why don't you just install AOSP?

Insulting the CM team is not going to make the 4.2.2 merge go any faster, in fact, it may just delay things, why should even I bother spending my personal time adding a feature to CM (like cLock or Quick reply etc.) when this is the type of response it gets?
    Re: [ROM][Official][4.2.1] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies for the Nexus 4 (mako)

General comment:

There are probably a few things broken in the current nightlies similar to the quiet hours issue from yesterday. It will take us a few days to check everything and fix the parts of the merge that did not quite come out right.

If you notice any old cm10.1 functionality that now no longer works quite the way it should (like the quiet hours issue) please post it here and I will look out for it.

Please don't ask us to fix things that were broken before. We need to get this build to pre-merge state first.

The rest of the month is focused on stability and bug fix in anticipation of the next M release.