Power button fried completely

Search This thread

jqwest

May 22, 2011
I have tmobile s3 power button completely busted because of frame swap

I can restore phone with odin to 4.1.1, then phone reboots....then I factory data reset device and phone reboots

At this point phone works good minus power button

but How can I turn phone on without odin and a complete restore if battery dies

Any help would be extremely helpful

st3chn0

Jul 24, 2010
Leeds
Don't let your phone die there is no other option

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

jqwest

May 22, 2011
I think what i plan on doing is flashing a pre rooted odin firmware file, reason being is I check google play and all reboot toggles require a rooted phone..

so my plan use odin to flash rooted firmware, then use google play to install reboot toogle, then ill be good to go.

I keep this thread updated for anyone else with bad power buttons

Ps Also to get to download screen without power button hold volume down + home button with usb plugged in.

then insert battery and download mode will be achieved...good luck

Last edited:

absinthesummer

Account currently disabled
May 16, 2012
Usa
meettomy.site
so I used this link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2308002 to flash with odin 4.1.2

it was prerooted then I installed voodoo reboot from google play

No I can reboot my phone

I just can never let it die LOL

There are also certain tools that let you re-map your hardware buttons. I don't know if you would want to do that, but it's worth a shot.
Also, it shouldn't be too expensive to order a new power button flex cable and replace the fried one (max $5)

jqwest

May 22, 2011
There are also certain tools that let you re-map your hardware buttons. I don't know if you would want to do that, but it's worth a shot.
Also, it shouldn't be too expensive to order a new power button flex cable and replace the fried one (max $5)

I also figured out then when phone is powered off

hold volume down and home at the same time you insert micro usb cable and phone will boot to download menu

Just press volume down to restart phone

All works good now