[MOD][KitKat] Advance Power Menu |N900TUVUCNB4| DEODEXED

Search This thread

itsmikeramsay

Mar 25, 2009
Atlanta
Pretty Self-explanatory! Advance Power Menu for KitKat
Huge Credit to @dwitherell for helping me out on this! Thanks Homie!!

attachment.php

Deodexed

Attachments

• 2014-03-05.png
    2014-03-05.png
    95.5 KB · Views: 4,216
Last edited:

makavelicruz

Apr 5, 2011
Boston, MA
This is awesome, thank you for this. I have a question though. Did anyone notice after applying this advance power menu mod it broke the rotation, quick glance, and air browse?? I even had this issue on Axman's international rom. Seems like a Kitkat bug or something

seansc144

Jul 6, 2008
Brooklyn
Will there be more kernels for the 4.3 and is the 4.3 kernel I like that has the swap features.......is it compatible with 64 gb sdcards

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pb05life

Dec 16, 2010
The xposed framework is working on the KK upgrade as well

Orical

May 22, 2011
Boston
Rotation works fine for me but I can't get it to lock on to my eyes, it could be the case I'm using too so I'll swap batteries and try again. Also quick glance works good here too.

Other note not pertaining to this mod I went into system to disable the home button wake featured and it's still working, I've never had this not work before but it's changed also so I'm not sure if it's looking at another file I haven't found yet. Mike can you check it out and tell me what you think?

Key 172 home wake_dropped

Under (system/usr/keylayout/gpio-keys.kl)

Last edited:
Reactions: itsmikeramsay

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
Rotation works fine for me but I can't get it to lock on to my eyes, it could be the case I'm using too so I'll swap batteries and try again. Also quick glance works good here too.

Other note not pertaining to this mod I went into system to disable the home button wake featured and it's still working, I've never had this not work before but it's changed also so I'm not sure if it's looking at another file I haven't found yet. Mike can you check it out and tell me what you think?

This is awesome, thank you for this. I have a question though. Did anyone notice after applying this advance power menu mod it broke the rotation, quick glance, and air browse?? I even had this issue on Axman's international rom. Seems like a Kitkat bug or something
Is there any confirmation as to whether anything is borked after flashing this mod? OP Thanks for this....I want it but just wanna be clear what side effects IF ANY I might experience.

b.huss2

Dec 8, 2010
Greenville
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Is there any confirmation as to whether anything is borked after flashing this mod? OP Thanks for this....I want it but just wanna be clear what side effects IF ANY I might experience.

It appears that my rotation isn't working either. I can't say for sure what broke it though, I only noticed after I got all set up. I am running nb4 stock deodexed with this mod. Nothing else.

Last edited:
Reactions: louforgiveno

Orical

May 22, 2011
Boston

My bad forgot to report back, everything in question works perfectly for me. I only had to test the eye tracking and under the right light it worked flawlessly for me so I'm not sure what's causing it to go bad for some considering this mod on it's own wouldn't directly effect that to begin with but it's all good here.

Personally I think Samsung should have adjusted the sensors to lock on to your eyes under darker light, who watches a movie in broad daylight in the first place anyways.

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
My bad forgot to report back, everything in question works perfectly for me. I only had to test the eye tracking and under the right light it worked flawlessly for me so I'm not sure what's causing it to go bad for some considering this mod on it's own wouldn't directly effect that to begin with but it's all good here.

Personally I think Samsung should have adjusted the sensors to lock on to your eyes under darker light, who watches a movie in broad daylight in the first place anyways.
Thanks for getting back on that. What you say makes sense....some people are having a rough time with the update and swear Samsung released a broke rom...but everything is better than 4.3 for me.....had random reboots on 4.3 none now and I've done a bunch of modifying...no hiccups

Reactions: Orical

Orical

May 22, 2011
Boston
Thanks for getting back on that. What you say makes sense....some people are having a rough time with the update and swear Samsung released a broke rom...but everything is better than 4.3 for me.....had random reboots on 4.3 none now and I've done a bunch of modifying...no hiccups

A lot of what in seeing is caused by people not committing to 4.4.2 officially (back up everything and wipe everything Odin the stock 4.4.2 tar and start from scratch ) I see more people afraid to lose the old boot loader than wanting their devices to work properly. T-Mobile just isn't that company that's magically gonna lock the device down when they are against it in the first place, I have noticed a huge difference in how the device operates since and nothing has given me a hard time so it comes down to the user and how they manage the device.

Reactions: DsturbD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pretty Self-explanatory! Advance Power Menu for KitKat
    Huge Credit to @dwitherell for helping me out on this! Thanks Homie!!

attachment.php

Deodexed

Is it a big deal to make this for the Odexed version?

Lucky for you I odexed my deodexed ROM. Just looked at this thread and was like shoot why not now lol. Give me a few I'll upload it.

Sent from a Note 3 powered by ColonelX!
    Thanks a ton Mike! Is this for deodex only?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Yep for now....

It appears that my rotation isn't working either. I can't say for sure what broke it though, I only noticed after I got all set up. I am running nb4 stock deodexed with this mod. Nothing else.