Fix unexpected screen sleep!

Search This thread

kcipopnevets

Oct 6, 2013
Brooklyn
Are you tired of your Mini/Ultra/Maxx falling asleep at random while using it? Does the phone fall asleep while actively scrolling through your home screens and apps drawer? Well, my mother and I have both had this issue and I found the solution to fix both phones:

INSTALL AND SET ANOTHER LAUNCHER.

And that's it. If you haven't already, use Google Experience Launcher to get some of the KitKat Moto and the Big Red didn't give us! :eek:

Reactions: StarkRaving

doogald

May 27, 2010
Are you tired of your Mini/Ultra/Maxx falling asleep at random while using it? Does the phone fall asleep while actively scrolling through your home screens and apps drawer? Well, my mother and I have both had this issue and I found the solution to fix both phones:

And that's it. If you haven't already, use Google Experience Launcher to get some of the KitKat Moto and the Big Red didn't give us! :eek:

Yep, the stock launcher watches the proximity sensor (to the left of the earpiece at the top) and if you pass your hand or something a few inches above it will mistake this for putting in a pocket or a bag and will sleep the display. It's a nice feature, actually, unless you regularly pass your hand over that sensor.

kcipopnevets

Oct 6, 2013
Brooklyn
I just wanted to put this in the open. The people I know and undoubtedly many others find it annoying, including myself. The screen shuts off on me even in broad daylight. :)

Lordomn

Sep 15, 2012
somewhere in arkansas
I noticed that too. But it only happened in the app drawer of stock launcher. It doesn't happen using GEL or any other launcher.

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app

Mudvayne622

Aug 4, 2009
I'm having an issue where sometimes my display won't turn off even after the 30 seconds I have set. After I turn it off then on with the power button, then the display sleep works

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.