Reverting to Stock, How to Relock and Eliminate Tamper?

Search This thread

quinxy

Nov 2, 2006
quinxy.com
I used the appropriate nandroid backup to restore the stock file system and restored the stock recovery (from this thread). But now the "tampered" banner is back (I had removed it), and I can't get root without screwing with the file system again (I can't find any temp root for the M8). Also, the stock recovery seems broken as it does nothing. I just see the red exclamation point thing, and I swear it used to do something before when I moved the volume buttons.

How do I go back to stock WHILE keeping "tampered" removed? And can I get rid of "unlocked"? I need to return this phone (poor coverage) so I am trying to avoid issues with the carrier.

Anyone have any idea?

dogcmp6

Sep 18, 2010
I used the appropriate nandroid backup to restore the stock file system and restored the stock recovery (from this thread). But now the "tampered" banner is back (I had removed it), and I can't get root without screwing with the file system again (I can't find any temp root for the M8). Also, the stock recovery seems broken as it does nothing. I just see the red exclamation point thing, and I swear it used to do something before when I moved the volume buttons.

How do I go back to stock WHILE keeping "tampered" removed? And can I get rid of "unlocked"? I need to return this phone (poor coverage) so I am trying to avoid issues with the carrier.

Anyone have any idea?

Which backup is the apporiate one for sprint? I need to revert to stock and cant figure out which back up to use

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013

Anyone have any idea?

soff, unlock bootloader, flash stock rom and recovery, boot into twrp "don't flash recovery" flash supersu in twrp, load system, use soff to remove tampered banner, use soff to relock boot loader so it doesn't say relocked, load supersu and remove root, restore factory settings

Last edited:
Reactions: quinxy

quinxy

Nov 2, 2006
quinxy.com
soff, unlock bootloader, flash stock rom and recovery, boot into twrp "don't flash recovery" flash supersu in twrp, load system, use soff to remove tampered banner, use soff to relock boot loader so it doesn't say relocked, load supersu and remove root, restore factory settings

You are awesome! Thanks, that's just the list of steps I needed.

MaTiCeK-

Apr 23, 2010

Does S-OFF become S-ON again after factory reset or how do you get it to be S-ON again?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Anyone have any idea?