Happy with the Xperia Z2

Search This thread

bryanhayn

Dec 10, 2011
I'm with you. I love my Z2 and won't be getting rid of it any time soon. I recently used my wife's upgrade to get the G3 and was thinking of keeping it and selling my Z2, but after using it for a while I realized how flawed it is. I really hoped I would like it because my G2 was so awesome, but it was just way too laggy, and the screen's color/contrast was all ****ed up. So I ended up unlocking it and selling it for a $350 profit :) The only thing the G3 had over the Z2 was a better screen/bezel ratio and cool screen unlock animations. Other than that the Z2 whupped the G3 in every category IMO.

styxter

Feb 20, 2013
Loved my z2 from xperia s to z to z2. Almost all the bad issues coming from previous phones were really address except the software camera.

This is my first Android phone that last a whole day when I used from 700 am to 800 pm with 19 to 30 percent left on my battery. With call, text, browsing and gaming.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

issacm206

Jul 11, 2014
I'm with you. I love my Z2 and won't be getting rid of it any time soon. I recently used my wife's upgrade to get the G3 and was thinking of keeping it and selling my Z2, but after using it for a while I realized how flawed it is. I really hoped I would like it because my G2 was so awesome, but it was just way too laggy, and the screen's color/contrast was all ****ed up. So I ended up unlocking it and selling it for a $350 profit :) The only thing the G3 had over the Z2 was a better screen/bezel ratio and cool screen unlock animations. Other than that the Z2 whupped the G3 in every category IMO.

Ya, I was also looking into the lg g3 but everyday I have this phone I like it more and more. Its extremely fast with no lag yet. Very happy with this purchase. The speaker got a little worse after I submerged it for a few mins but still loud compared to others. I here people on these forums complain about camera, screen and more ****. None have been defective. My 4k recorded for 5 mins then shut off. Not a big deal tho, considering u have to have a 4k device to actually watch it..

tel033

Apr 4, 2012
Loved my z2 from xperia s to z to z2. Almost all the bad issues coming from previous phones were really address except the software camera.

This is my first Android phone that last a whole day when I used from 700 am to 800 pm with 19 to 30 percent left on my battery. With call, text, browsing and gaming.

How do you feel about low light camera performance? My S led flash is crap and it makes yellowish pics horrible

styxter

Feb 20, 2013
Honestly, I'm just a average joe in photography and this is just my opinion. If I am using superior mode setting without flash its weird because the color should be grey but the photo finished are little reddish. But when setting it superior auto and flash on, im happy with the results from color to actual detailing.

Coming from s to z and z2 if you asked me which is better I would say z2 > s > z in z, I have to install camera fx just to accept my standard quality in photo but in z2 well its quite acceptable. As I recall during my xperia s user days all I used iin setting are manual mode and stock application only cause I didnt know camera fx application.

bbs2web

Mar 7, 2014
Johannesburg
Happily on Cyanogenmod

Got mine about 2 weeks ago and have enjoyed the tremendous development activity around CyanogenMod 11 supporting the sirius branch (Sony Xperia Z2). Came from a Samsung Galaxy S3 running CyanogenMod (Samsung's TouchWiz was extremely slow and never received any updates) and am super happy to report that the Camera was fixed by today's nightly!

ie: Running Android 4.4.4 with all the extras from CyanogenMod 11 and the only thing left is the NFC support but otherwise super fast and excellent battery life (utilizes about 35% battery per day with LTE/WiFi and Bluetooth permanently connected).

Reactions: rubene66

paras

Apr 15, 2007
Love the phone and can't ask for more

Sent From My Sony Xperia Z2 D6502 White .402

CarlBlomqvist

Jan 22, 2011
Skövde
I agree this is a great phone. The overheating issue has shown it self once, and I hope that wont be a problem in the future. It was most likely due to extensive camera fiddling though... I have been able to record 4K for 17 minutes with no warning (stopped it after that).

It's extremely fast! The sound was a bit low by default, but the SoundMod works wonders.

senza99

Mar 17, 2012
I really like this phone. coming from a Note 3 I think Sony has found the perfect size for a phone. The Note 3 had a nice screen for browsing the Web and media consumption but for everyday use I found it too big. I couldn't be happier with the Z2

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I read a lot of threads with problems with the Z2. I got mine yesterdag (14w21) and am very happy with the phone. Coming from the S3 this is a big improvement.

So lets make this a positive thread and post the good things about the Xperia Z2. :good:
    Thaanks, can you show this place with a photo PLEASE ?

Thaaanks again

Here you go :

agugaja3.jpg
    Same here. 4th phone from Sony. Had a Z, ZL, Z1 and Z2.

Sendt fra Q XPERIA Z2 D6503
    Best phone i've ever owned! Don't let some bad comments spoil the awesomeness of the device. As with every electronic device, there's always a small percentage of faulty components and/or manufcaturing errors. That's why there's a guarantee on them!

I've had a Galaxy S3 before getting the z2 and i must tell you that it's day and night! No lag -not even the slightest-, awesome battery life, one of the best camera sensors out there and well Sony's UI is the best OEM skin anyone could throw into an android phone.

<3 Xperia Z2
    Awesome! This is the kinda thread I was looking for.

The z2 is one hell of device. I love it. The battery life is just too good. The display is fantastic and the 3gb ram is a big bonus. And don't forget the awesome noise cancelling earphones that come with the device.

Its nice having a unique phone that most people around you have never heard of or seen. People seem to be like "wow what the hell is that?" It happen so much when I used to pull out my sony ericsson xperia play.

I'm glad it's been sponsored by the world cup. I know too many people who have never heard or even thought of getting a sony device. Happy that it's finally getting the recognition it deserves.

Well done Sony!!
    Now bring on the z3 or even the xperia play 2!!!