G3 16gb vs G2 32gb

Search This thread

HD2wally

Apr 7, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Should I return my 16gb G3 and buy a 32gb G2 to save some money and have better battery life? The battery sucks on G3 with quad hd and is difficult to see and difference in the screen resolution. Any comments would help me make up my mind. Thanks

MikeJennni

Jul 9, 2011
Vancouver , WA
I have only had the 32gb for 1 day but i do know the 32gb has 3 gigs of ram instead of the 16's 2 gigs. The first tmobile store ONLY had 16 gb's so i went to a diff store and got a 32 :)

moblaw

Dec 2, 2013
Should I return my 16gb G3 and buy a 32gb G2 to save some money and have better battery life? The battery sucks on G3 with quad hd and is difficult to see and difference in the screen resolution. Any comments would help me make up my mind. Thanks

You are not likely to go from using a word like (suck) to use a word like fantastic, in regards of better battery from G2 over G3.
Because its the same battery. I assume the difference between the two phones is mostly visible in SOT (Screen on time)

I do not like to settle mid-range. I'm more likely to sell my G3 and buy a firstgen smartphone (android or iphone) just a phone that will get me through the day. I was surprised how little was necessary for me: wating for my G3 I was using a htc sense, slow but hey it worked. I kept thinking, do we really need all this. Some where along the road a new phone will pop up aswell, that's why it's a wise choice to settle with a phone that you don't depend on to sell before buying a new one, or signing up on a new contract.

There's a huge debate on this topic or there could be. Psychological side-effects from stacking need upon requirements. Leat's not go into that now :D

If you were to get a G2, you'd have to want the ekstra money and probably use them wisely or not use them at all. How much can you save? It should be atleats 100£ imho.

Curleyyy

Mar 13, 2014
I've got the 2/16 GB model of the G3, and I personally love it. After upgrading to firmware 10J from 10F, I saw a huge improvement in battery performance and drainage. For me it lasts an extra few hours after getting some basic settings tweaked like turning off NFC/Bluetooth, and having WiFi disabled when it's not in use. Also another thing to do is to stop WiFi from searching for other networks automatically.

So far with this setup, I'm getting through a full day and well into the night till I put it back on charge. I have battery saver to enable once it hits 10 percent. I'm going to check out DS Battery Saver tomorrow and try that for a week as apparently it gives about another hour from what I've read.

My usage tends to be all the social sites, FB, Gram, Snap, etc pretty much throughout the day with a few hours of Youtube at night and lots of picture taking.

I wouldn't go back to the G2, OP. Tweak your G3, disable a few things and wait for the new firmware release.

HD2wally

Apr 7, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Thanks to all who replied so far. I'm still inside my 14 day return window and having owned a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx for the passed few years it's difficult to move away from a phone that lasts 12 hours plus with heavy usage. It always surprises me how the Razr maxx 3300 mAh is never compared with the new phones concerning battery life. I may even just stay with my Moto?

I've got the 2/16 GB model of the G3, and I personally love it. After upgrading to firmware 10J from 10F, I saw a huge improvement in battery performance and drainage. For me it lasts an extra few hours after getting some basic settings tweaked like turning off NFC/Bluetooth, and having WiFi disabled when it's not in use. Also another thing to do is to stop WiFi from searching for other networks automatically.

So far with this setup, I'm getting through a full day and well into the night till I put it back on charge. I have battery saver to enable once it hits 10 percent. I'm going to check out DS Battery Saver tomorrow and try that for a week as apparently it gives about another hour from what I've read.

My usage tends to be all the social sites, FB, Gram, Snap, etc pretty much throughout the day with a few hours of Youtube at night and lots of picture taking.

I wouldn't go back to the G2, OP. Tweak your G3, disable a few things and wait for the new firmware release.

Last edited:
Reactions: Batfink33

Curleyyy

Mar 13, 2014
Keep in mind you're comparing a phone of a previous generation ( therefore less power consuming hardware ) and it also has a larger battery capacity. Most of the smart phones, even high end ones are between 2800 - 3000 mAh. If you were to put in a larger capacity battery into my G3, I could see it lasting 12 hours of usage.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to all who replied so far. I'm still inside my 14 day return window and having owned a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx for the passed few years it's difficult to move away from a phone that lasts 12 hours plus with heavy usage. It always surprises me how the Razr maxx 3300 mAh is never compared with the new phones concerning battery life. I may even just stay with my Moto?