Permanently CID Unlock Your G4 Wizard

Search This thread

al7nk

Sep 29, 2010
I forgot to REMOVE HARD SPL an I lost my windows mobile work it just gaving me the bootloader screen 3 colors red, green, and blue ILP 2.21.0001 spl 2.21
can I get help and I will be thankful plz​

RoryB

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
I forgot to REMOVE HARD SPL an I lost my windows mobile work it just gaving me the bootloader screen 3 colors red, green, and blue ILP 2.21.0001 spl 2.21
can I get help and I will be thankful plz​
Good luck. I never have gotten mine fixed. Be sure to post if you figure it out.

gambal

Aug 8, 2007
Well...,
Another G4 WIZARD (WIZA100 with Cingular 2.25.0001) was unlocked using this method. But not without glitches! Here are the problems I had:
- Both times after changing the IMEI, WST (4.2.2) was refusing to detect the device, so I had to reformat;
- After the CID unlock was done, I also was unable to flash with other OEM firmware to upgrade the version to 3.08.0001. Was giving an error at 95%. Had to reflash to Cingular OEM to recover it. Hm...:confused:, first time even with the OEM was refusing at 4%, but tried again and it passed. And as jwzg has done, I also used to extract the nk.nbf and start it with Cingular's RUU. Now I have 3.08.0001 :p

RoryB

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
Have you guys seen this thread? A few people report successful recovering of bricked devices.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=510602
You may need some hardware experience to build a jtag.
Good luck!
Thank you for the post. I ended up buying another Wizard to continue my ROM work with and have now stopped ROM building. I currently have a Fuze. I am thinking about selling my dead G4 and my still living G3 Wizards.

n2rjt

RoryB: good to see you on here. I have two AT&T Tilts and a Tilt-2, but still find myself using my Wizard (with Ham3r's H3R7 beta) more often than you'd think. Whenever I need an all-day battery, the old Wizard can't be beat. When I don't mind a battery that dies in half a day, I use the Tilt running Android Froyo.
I'm thinking that since wizard development is all but dead, we should have a thread with stable links to the "hall of fame" roms. I'd certainly include one or two of the Angel series that you did.

lucids

Apr 22, 2011
does anyone have a working link for the No_ID_Update_Utility_v2.0.1.0.zip the 4shared link comes up as invalid after the wait time when u click download. Also the link for mtty (also 4 share) shows as being a trojan in kasperksy so a clean version would be nice thanks :)

-MyHTC-

Feb 5, 2008
Washington
does anyone have a working link for the No_ID_Update_Utility_v2.0.1.0.zip the 4shared link comes up as invalid after the wait time when u click download. Also the link for mtty (also 4 share) shows as being a trojan in kasperksy so a clean version would be nice thanks :)

The link "Wizard No ID Update Utility" is working fine and kasperksy is wrong 4shared checks for virus.

I just checked the link again and it seems to be working only part of the time

I changed the link im getting the same thing, must be something wrong with 4shared

Last edited:

nzdesign

Mar 8, 2011
Penang
WARNING - WARNING - WARNING

VERY IMPORTANT FOR HARD SPL USERS, YOU MUST "REMOVE HARD SPL" BEFORE PROCEEDING!
IF YOU DON’T REMOVE HARD SPL YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE!

These Instructions assume your phone is in stock condition

Download and install “Wizard Service Tool”
Download "M3000v4aUnlock"
Download unlock file below

1. Make sure your device is properly connected to the PC through ActiveSync

2. Run Wizard Service Tool, click “Enab. RAPI + Unsigned Apps” button, wait for it to finish

3. Click “Repair IMEI” button, write down and save your original IMEI number before proceeding

4. Enter this number “356381000157184” as your New IMEI number then click “Write IMEI” button

5. After the phone reboots, turn the phone off and remove the USB cable

6. Press and hold the Camera key, now insert the USB cable, Keep holding the camera key until you get the boot loader screen

7. Start M3000v4aUnlock, when program asks for the .unl file, browse to and select "356381000157184.unl" wait for it to finish

8. When the phone has fully rebooted, start Wizard Service Tool, click “Repair IMEI” button, and change back to your original IMEI number

That’s it

Your phone can now be flashed with any G4 Safe ROM provided you have the appropriate ROM Update Utility

To flash cooked ROMs, you need the "Wizard No ID Update Utility"

To flash OEM ROMs, nothing special is required

WARNING - Changing your IMEI number is considered to be illegal in most if not all countries
Disclaimer - The above mentioned method is provided for informational purposes only, neither I nor xda-developers condone the changing of IMEI numbers

ok.. first of all it works after a lot of figure out..

even it is 2012 already i still use Cingular 8125.. it's been 1 years already i've use this phone SIM unlock.. only now that i get use to this forum, i tried to CID unlock. before that, following this post, i got 1 big problem. i was on windows 7 ultimate previously. i tried to run WST and works perfectly but when i tried to run M3000v4aUnlock, my laptop shutdown. i've been figuring this out in a day and i realize that even M3000...... tool can't run in compatibility mode. so i had to install windows vista in another partition. after all the fuss, i start this instructions again then boom.. all unlock godly

Wizard Service Tool v4.2.2
29/04/12 09:30:14

CPU: Texas Instruments - OMAP850
MODEL: Wizard
IMEI: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

=> Bootloaders:
IPL: 2.25.0001 (G4 device)
SPL: 2.25.0001 (G4 device)
Built on Feb 14 2006 at 18:47:41
Copyright (c) 2003 High Tech Computer Corporation

=> Firmware:
ROM: 2.25