[Q] init.goldfish.rc

Search This thread

martin_s5670

Feb 20, 2012
Berlin
What is the specific function of init.goldfish.rc?
With init.rc you set the systemwide properties, ok. (in linux). With init.goldfish.rc ...? You can do the job for init.rc also with this file? Is goldfish the specific init.rc for/from google-android?
For example, for compiling new kernel I have mountpoints also given in goldfish, and try the direct setting of ext2,3,4 only in goldfish -not in init.rc. It works.
In goldfish there is also enabling google-specific location features, imo you can delete this (if you dont want location e.g.), or see I wrong?

martin_s5670

Feb 20, 2012
Berlin
Has somebody an answer because of the "init.goldfish.rc, maybe I'm blind and confused - cant find a good answer, what does / what is goldfish.rc?
What is the specific function of init.goldfish.rc?
With init.rc you set the systemwide properties, ok. (in linux). With init.goldfish.rc ...? You can do the job for init.rc also with this file? Is goldfish the specific init.rc for/from google-android?
For example, for compiling new kernel I have mountpoints also given in goldfish, and try the direct setting of ext2,3,4 only in goldfish -not in init.rc. It works.
In goldfish there is also enabling google-specific location features, imo you can delete this (if you dont want location e.g.), or see I wrong?

dwpbike

Dec 29, 2011
i'm right there with you

Has somebody an answer because of the "init.goldfish.rc, maybe I'm blind and confused - cant find a good answer, what does / what is goldfish.rc?

all this repartee and i learn nothing. i'm a retired system management type and standing on ceremony and rigid rules when you didn't have a clue was unacceptable. i do know google is my friend.

"What does goldfish mean? (from android-kernel mail list)
Goldfish is the kernel hacked branch that supports the qemu based arm emulator for android, so it is the one we need."

Last edited:

michaelmotes

Feb 5, 2012
I read once that init.goldfish.rc was for setting up the dalvik VM, essentially preparing the environment and initiating the Android UI.

--FWIW

Reactions: Nikhil

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please refrain from posting questions in the development section. Thanks! :)
    Perfect, I wanted to mentioned something to our new Moderator (?).
    Please look to our dev-section - I think, it is nearly impossible to read resp. work because of Q's like "when comes update", "where is download", "how can I install ...", ..., and this are elevated Q's.
    I read once that init.goldfish.rc was for setting up the dalvik VM, essentially preparing the environment and initiating the Android UI.

--FWIW