[ROM][PORT] OptimusNexus ALPHA: 1 | 04032013

Search This thread

Aerys

Jun 18, 2012
Hello friends!

Today I release a Optimus G rom for our Nexus 4! This is a very early alpha build/port so dont expect a lot of functionality!
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BRICKED DEVICES!

bSlxwq3l.jpg
cM7ITbxl.jpg

9VCprhhl.jpg
LjvgcFil.jpg

Whats working in Alpha 1:

- It boots
- Screen works
- Sound works
- Charging works
- Bluetooth works
- Connecting to PC works
- LED notification works
- Anything related to CPU/GPU is working
- Navigation buttons for Nexus 4 work

Whats not working:

- GSM + WiFi
- Camera
- GPS
- Notebook FC's
- Random reboots

DO NOT FLASH THE BOOT.IMG ON NEXUS 4 ROMS, IT WILL BREAK SOME THINGS LIKE WIFI.

Code:
[CENTER]Changelog:
Alpha 1: Initial release[/CENTER]

Flash with CWM or TWRP

Download link Alpha 1: https://mega.co.nz/#!fFEEWSQS!K_3LVHkhj9Av-KpYINuSWXPK5B4VmrykdXm4ijYNUn8

OPTIONAL

Download link boot.img for Alpha 1: http://d-h.st/SsP

Donations

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=8J4B5RXM7UZKQ

Last edited:

TaRsY

Optimus G kernel or replaced with Nexus4 stock kernel? Flashing a Nexus4 specific kernel seems to be a greet idea.

We should only change the device specific parts of the rom to be fully working.

I'll try to help later today.

Tapatalk 2-vel küldve az én Nexus 4-ről

Last edited:

Aerys

Jun 18, 2012
Optimus G kernel or replaced with Nexus4 stock kernel? Flashing a Nexus4 specific kernel seems to be a greet idea.

We should only change the device specific parts of the rom to be fully working.

I'll try to help later today.

Tapatalk 2-vel küldve az én Nexus 4-ről

Optimus G kernel.

Its pretty hard to use the Nexus 4 kernel and modules etc. since its for Android 4.2.x and this rom is Android 4.1.2 =]

benrees21

May 31, 2010
Grays
Not trying to say this isn't awesome but I'm only interested in that damn lock screen! That unlock effect is what everyone is after! Hopefully this is the beginning of that work. Well done for this! :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus4™

Reactions: thecokedealr

Aerys

Jun 18, 2012

Aerys

Jun 18, 2012
Note; When you boot the device it will do a media scan. It will be VERY slow and laggy for like 10-20 seconds.

rocklee80

Dec 16, 2010
Cologne
The things that i find interesting are the wonderful lockscreen and the colors on the screen looks amazing, hope the devs here can put the Optimus G RGB and gamma values into their kernels.

NardVa

Mar 20, 2011
Can't wait. I wonder if this rom will provide better battery life. LG has some tweaks in their software that's not part of stock android.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Can't wait. I wonder if this rom will provide better battery life. LG has some tweaks in their software that's not part of stock android.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

My generalization about lg's android experience in the past is they have no idea what they are doing with software(not that I do either) and battery life was horrific. Maybe they got better and more experienced dev teams together. We shall see. On the other hand the nexus 4 is a mighty fine experience:thumbup:

hp420

Jul 31, 2011
Gainesville, Fl
Google Nexus 4
T-Mobile LG G2
Does this rom have an optimus or a nexus kernel? If it's an Optimus one, maybe we can use some of the custom optimus kernels with it! Then we can really get some awesome stuff!

*edit*

I hadn't looked through their forums to see that they are still in development infancy stages ;) Maybe our cooperation can be mutually beneficial!

Last edited:

Aerys

Jun 18, 2012
I think we will need the Nexus 4 kernel for rild and Wifi but yeah lets experiment a little.:p

Reactions: hp420

hp420

Jul 31, 2011
Gainesville, Fl
Google Nexus 4
T-Mobile LG G2
My generalization about lg's android experience in the past is they have no idea what they are doing with software(not that I do either) and battery life was horrific. Maybe they got better and more experienced dev teams together. We shall see. On the other hand the nexus 4 is a mighty fine experience:thumbup:

this is because (IMHO) LG are like Sony....they make some of the sexiest, best performing, highest quality hardware you can find for many different types of devices/electronics. However, they have absolutely no business making software & firmware.

Having said that, I do think they have a great deal of wonderful IDEAS that they implement into their electronics (especially android) but they are usually not polished well, and end up being unstable or just buggy as hell. I do love having those features pulled out and isolated, though, so I can have a monstrous selection of special features that were never intended to work together, though. And when they are, for example, android mods added on top of pure aosp, beautiful things happen, IMHO :D

hp420

Jul 31, 2011
Gainesville, Fl
Google Nexus 4
T-Mobile LG G2
Don't see why that wouldn't work. Same hardware

that's my exact school of thought here, as well. I would think if the rom can be swapped out so easily, there's no reason why at least SOME of the kernels wouldn't work by default, as well.

I'm looking specifically at the aokp port for optimus...that's got to have a custom kernel, I would think...and it's most likely optimized for optimus (lol...say that 5 times fast ;))

Last edited:

lowrider262

Jan 26, 2011
Racine, WI
In theory with the correct radio/kernel combo, would this rom be capable of using DC HSPA +42? I guess a better question would be is the Optimus G capable of it?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello friends!

Today I release a Optimus G rom for our Nexus 4! This is a very early alpha build/port so dont expect a lot of functionality!
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BRICKED DEVICES!

bSlxwq3l.jpg
    cM7ITbxl.jpg

9VCprhhl.jpg
    LjvgcFil.jpg

Whats working in Alpha 1:

- It boots
    - Screen works
    - Sound works
    - Charging works
    - Bluetooth works
    - Connecting to PC works
    - LED notification works
    - Anything related to CPU/GPU is working
    - Navigation buttons for Nexus 4 work

Whats not working:

- GSM + WiFi
    - Camera
    - GPS
    - Notebook FC's
    - Random reboots

DO NOT FLASH THE BOOT.IMG ON NEXUS 4 ROMS, IT WILL BREAK SOME THINGS LIKE WIFI.

Code:
    [CENTER]Changelog:
    Alpha 1: Initial release[/CENTER]

Flash with CWM or TWRP

Download link Alpha 1: https://mega.co.nz/#!fFEEWSQS!K_3LVHkhj9Av-KpYINuSWXPK5B4VmrykdXm4ijYNUn8

OPTIONAL

Download link boot.img for Alpha 1: http://d-h.st/SsP

Donations

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=8J4B5RXM7UZKQ
    Fixed camera.
    Hello friend ! i got more awesome news! im back from school and my Nexus 4 is Back!!!! :laugh::laugh:
    I go work on the port now :victory:
    Thread cleaned up really big. Let's continue on topic, please.
    Ty for the support friends:laugh: I have been working alot on the rom and it is really hard to make GSM and Wifi to fully work:D
    I am a little bit still a noob:cyclops: i think i will get Wifi to work today and release Alpha 2 =]