System/fonts request

Search This thread

migu674

Jan 4, 2014
Hello people,
I've been changing a few things here on my Xperia J and after a few changes, I managed to stay with different fonts, which did not mean to ... I also forgot to make backup. I've done reset the phone but did not work with the folder, so I come to ask someone who has a Xperia J can send me the fonts folder located in system / fonts

Edit-Somone who has the original folder witout changes

Thanks in advance to all,
migu674

Last edited:

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
OnePlus 5
Moto G6
Hello people,
I've been changing a few things here on my Xperia J and after a few changes, I managed to stay with different fonts, which did not mean to ... I also forgot to make backup. I've done reset the phone but did not work with the folder, so I come to ask someone who has a Xperia J can send me the fonts folder located in system / fonts

Edit-Somone who has the original folder witout changes

Thanks in advance to all,
migu674

Suppose if nobody sends you the fonts, you can use your ftf and deodex it and take the fonts out!
This way you will get the official fonts and you won't have any doubts in your head !

If you are unsure what I am talking about, quote me and I will explain further. Search the forum please because many answers are already in it!

Reactions: migu674

migu674

Jan 4, 2014
Suppose if nobody sends you the fonts, you can use your ftf and deodex it and take the fonts out!
This way you will get the official fonts and you won't have any doubts in your head !

If you are unsure what I am talking about, quote me and I will explain further. Search the forum please because many answers are already in it!

Can you explain how can I do that, plz?

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
OnePlus 5
Moto G6
Last edited:

migu674

Jan 4, 2014
Last edited:

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
OnePlus 5
Moto G6

migu674

Jan 4, 2014

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
OnePlus 5
Moto G6

migu674

Jan 4, 2014
to fix the problem via method one, do you have all drivers installed with USB debugging on in settings ?
what's the error n which steps you took ?

you can try the second method too

I suppose you should use flash tool, I always use that method

I downloaded stock ftf (11.2.A.0.31) from http://xdaforums.com/xperia-j-e/general/xperia-jst26i-roms-kernels-mods-how-tos-t2237164, then I did everything up to step 6 in http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1849867 and when I tried to step 7 has given this error described in the image attached...

Can you explain another method step by step, plz...
Can you mean a quick way to do all steps to restore the fonts.

Sorry about my ignorance in this subject.

Attachments

• Capturar.JPG
    Capturar.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 17

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
OnePlus 5
Moto G6
I downloaded stock ftf (11.2.A.0.31) from http://xdaforums.com/xperia-j-e/general/xperia-jst26i-roms-kernels-mods-how-tos-t2237164, then I did everything up to step 6 in http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1849867 and when I tried to step 7 has given this error described in the image attached...

Can you explain another method step by step, plz...
Can you mean a quick way to do all steps to restore the fonts.

Sorry about my ignorance in this subject.

Use the second method, I just remembered that Xperia J was released in 2013. This tool works till 2012 devices! As devices from 2013 uses ext4 rather than old yaffs!

Second method should work!
http://xdaforums.com/xperia-j-e/general/tut-how-to-extract-ftf-file-to-make-t2060508

D

Deleted member 5439257

1. Open .ftf with WinRAR/any zip archiver.
2. Extract system.sin.
3. Open Flashtool, and go to tools>sin editor. Select your extracted system.sin.
3. Click "dump header"
4. Wait for it to finish, the output is a system.ext4 file.
5. Use a Linux archiver tool(Google, many programmes available), to extract the fonts folder.
6. Make a flashable zip/copy the fonts inside the folder to your phones system>fonts folder. Set the correct permissions!

Done. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask ;)

Sent from my C1505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

migu674

Jan 4, 2014
2. Extract system.sin.
3. Open Flashtool, and go to tools>sin editor. Select your extracted system.sin.
3. Click "dump header"
5. Use a Linux archiver tool(Google, many programmes available), to extract the fonts folder.
6. Make a flashable zip/copy the fonts inside the folder to your phones system>fonts folder. Set the correct permissions!

When finished I tell if I succeeded, thanks

migu674

Jan 4, 2014
2. Extract system.sin.
3. Click "dump header"

I have the system.ext4, but now i can't find a program to extract

Edit- I just found

Last edited:

migu674

Jan 4, 2014
Tell me if you sort out the problem !

Yes, I just replaced the fonts folder, but the problem appeared when I tried to see emoji on android, because before I could see the black and white emoji even with the fonts of origin and now it seems that not ...

Edit- Before I could see emoji in sms (as in the picture), but now I can not see and I thought the problem was with the fonts folder, because he had made ​​some alterations. There are solution?

Screenshot_2012-07-01-15-22-09-259x4001.png

Last edited:

migu674

Jan 4, 2014
2. Extract system.sin.
3. Click "dump header"

Thanks a lot for your time, you was very useful. :good:

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
OnePlus 5
Moto G6
Yes, I just replaced the fonts folder, but the problem appeared when I tried to see emoji on android, because before I could see the black and white emoji even with the fonts of origin and now it seems that not ...

Edit- Before I could see emoji in sms (as in the picture), but now I can not see and I thought the problem was with the fonts folder, because he had made ​​some alterations. There are solution?

Screenshot_2012-07-01-15-22-09-259x4001.png

In settings / go to keyboard/languages n input and see if you have enabled emoji. Its in KitKat . I guess jb has it too

Top Liked Posts