[Framaroot] Help

Search This thread

stephen.prabhu

Nov 26, 2014
Unable to root

Here the right place to ask help about usage for Framaroot.

Please don't ask for help about anything not related to Framaroot and read the FAQ first.

FAQ
Is framaroot work on my device ?
If your device is in the compatibility list above, the short answer is : yes but it depends of your firmware version, latest firmware have less chance to be rooted.
If your device is not in the compatibility list and it embed one of the processor mentionned above, the answer is : try it and see.

Why framaroot doesn't root anymore after I update my device ?
Because framaroot exploit security holes present in several devices which has been patched with update you have done, so exploits can't root your device anymore. Framaroot's exploits have a very short life to keep your device "less exposed" to others malicious application. Keep in mind that framaroot is not a permanent rooting application.

I loose root after update, what I can do to root my device now ?
An advice : if you want to have a chance to keep root after update, don't update with Kies or ODIN for samsung devices or don't flash system partition, prefer OTA update and use OTA survival feature in Superuser or SuperSU.
And if you have no choice, you can use the traditional method : flash tools specific to your device

Will framaroot include more exploits ?
Yes, but don't ask when since I don't know myself, it depend of the vendors fix response.

Framaroot crash when I select Gandalf exploit ?
Often the first time you launch Framaroot by selecting Gandalf as exploit, it crash Framaroot. Don't worry, in this case you have to re-launch Framaroot and select Gandalf again, the second time it should work.

What means error# on result ?
All errors less or equal to 9 mean your device is not vulnerable.
If you get error#10, give a try with Framaroot 1.5.3.
All other errors need some investigation about your kernel image.

Framaroot say Success but SuperSU is not installed after reboot ?
Maybe there is some additional protection on your device or something goes wrong with SuperSU version embedded in Framaroot.
In this case, I recommend to use "Execute script" action and put your own shell script commands in /sdcard/custom (use at your own risk, all commands are executed with root privileges). Look at this post to know how to use custom script.

What can I do when the result is Half-success ?
You see this message when the /system partition on your device is a read-only filesystem (eg: SquashFS). To handle this case Framaroot try to use a trick by adding "ro.kernel.qemu=1" in file /data/local.prop. To test if this trick work you have to reboot your device and connect to it with adb shell. Once connected type the "id" command to see if you are root.
If you are not root, your last chance is to select "Execute script" action and put your own shell script commands in /sdcard/custom (use at your own risk, all commands are executed with root privileges). Look at this post to know how to use custom script.

Hi i have a galaxy core GT i8262.
Rooted it some months ago but for some reason i kept getting a notification to update my device the past 2 days. Couldn't remove the notification so i accepted and updated it . Once it was finished, i didn't have any root access although supersu was still installed. Whenever i open it says 'there is no Su binary installed and SuperSu cannot install it There is a problem !' I rooted the device using framaroot v1.9.3 . I have to tried to root again using the same app with the gandalf exploit but nothing happens. The gandalf button just gets highlighted and the app closes i have also tried to unroot with same app but again same problem. Please help
Thank you

ivy2310

Jul 19, 2008
samsung note2 with 4.4.2

Hi @all,
i have installed framaroot several versions on my

Samsung Note2 GT-N7100 with Kernel 4.4.2

After starting framaroot nothing happens

install Superus nothing
only ARARGORN is shown.
Trying this an Error accounts ( Error #6) try another exploit ( only ARARGORN
What i can do???

regards

ivy2310

Please don't ask for help about anything not related to Framaroot and read the FAQ first.

FAQ
If your device is in the compatibility list above, the short answer is : yes but it depends of your firmware version, latest firmware have less chance to be rooted.
If your device is not in the compatibility list and it embed one of the processor mentionned above, the answer is : try it and see.

Because framaroot exploit security holes present in several devices which has been patched with update you have done, so exploits can't root your device anymore. Framaroot's exploits have a very short life to keep your device "less exposed" to others malicious application. Keep in mind that framaroot is not a permanent rooting application.

An advice : if you want to have a chance to keep root after update, don't update with Kies or ODIN for samsung devices or don't flash system partition, prefer OTA update and use OTA survival feature in Superuser or SuperSU.
And if you have no choice, you can use the traditional method : flash tools specific to your device

Yes, but don't ask when since I don't know myself, it depend of the vendors fix response.

Often the first time you launch Framaroot by selecting Gandalf as exploit, it crash Framaroot. Don't worry, in this case you have to re-launch Framaroot and select Gandalf again, the second time it should work.

Maybe there is some additional protection on your device or something goes wrong with SuperSU version embedded in Framaroot.
In this case, I recommend to use "Execute script" action and put your own shell script commands in /sdcard/custom (use at your own risk, all commands are executed with root privileges). Look at this post to know how to use custom script.

You see this message when the /system partition on your device is a read-only filesystem (eg: SquashFS). To handle this case Framaroot try to use a trick by adding "ro.kernel.qemu=1" in file /data/local.prop. To test if this trick work you have to reboot your device and connect to it with adb shell. Once connected type the "id" command to see if you are root.
If you are not root, your last chance is to select "Execute script" action and put your own shell script commands in /sdcard/custom (use at your own risk, all commands are executed with root privileges). Look at this post to know how to use custom script.

longbeam

Oct 10, 2012
Had root but now don't

Hello all and thanks for all the efforts you guys have put into this site.

I'm hoping this isn't a silly question I've missed the answer to somewhere.. I have a 4GB CN P780 and tried tried installing the SLX Rom v26 today but when it came back up, I had no sd card. I checked the card in my PC and it was fine so I copied the contents, fired up Flash tool and did a clean install of P780_ROW_S226_140919_Rooted_SPFlash_TWRP. From there I installed MobileUncle, put CWM recovery back on and restored using the backup I made before trying to update.

On first load of MobileUncle I noticed it said 'unroot' at the top so I found the copy of Framaroot I had, re-installed it and hit Boromir but it failed with error 6.

I definitely had root before trying to update and Superuser is still installed, does anyone have any idea what might have gone wrong? I don't have CWM installed since the restore either but recovery is in English, not Chinese.

Do you think I need to start again from fresh? Or has anyone else seen this error before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Recremac

Jun 28, 2015
Same

Hi I have problem when I use framaroot in galaxy s 3 I-9300 jelly bean 4.3 I found 1 exploit aragorn I click on it but I found eroor #6 and their not more exploit please help me

I'm having the identical problem. I have tried many different Framaroot versions, but still the only exploit I can is Aragorn. Help please!!!

Reactions: Shano321

Shano321

Aug 18, 2015
ALEPHZAIN...

I JUST READ 5 PAGES THE FOR ERROR CODE#6,NO OTHER EXPLOIT OPTIONS,AND I'LL BE DARN IF I SAW ONE CONSTRUCTIVE HYPOTHESIS.....A WHOLE BUNCH OF ”CHECK FAQ AUTORESPONSES.
PERHAPS IT COULD SURMISED TO DISPLAY SOME TYPE OF VARIABLE RESPONSE OTHER THAN "FAQ"... GOOD JOB ON THE APP BUT YOURE A HO FOR THAT. ALMOST ALL THE QUESTIONS WERE THE SAME AND WE'VE MEMORIZED THE FAQ ...... PRECIATE YA.

, YOUR DADDY.

sicklejem

Sep 17, 2015
Guys how do i make my phone vulnerable coz i always see " blah blah blah error #9 like that please help

cweiske

Jun 2, 2015
cweiske.de
Is there an official website for framaroot, or is the XDA thread the official one?

There is framaroot.net, framaroot.org and a couple of others. Are they in any way related to framaroot developer?

emdroidle

Oct 6, 2015
BLU Dash 3.5 II --failure

Alas, a failure report here. This is a Mediatek MT6572 device. Android version 4.4.2. Kernel version 3.4.67. Build ALPS.KK1.MP7.V1.7.

The Boromir and Barahir exploits showed up as options (Faramir was missing), but both gave error #9. I'm glad this device is secure, but not so glad that I don't yet have root on it.

Good luck to alephzain, I hope your efforts meet with success.

EDIT: Small, but key detail; this was trying with Framaroot v1.9.3. Hopefully the obvious guess, but important to mention.

Last edited:

danielsender

Dec 7, 2015
Just installed Framaroot 1.9.3 on a Kyocera Torque. When I click on installing superSU and Gandalf I get error #16 - Can you help me?
Thanks.

rebel88

Dec 31, 2015
root

It got to where i hada choose one of the lsst 2 and failed

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

I kept getn the numbers 7 n 9.on failing oh yea i have am lgs ls8620 ice cream sandwich

cuulongdx

Feb 24, 2016
i use nokia x2 dual sim. i install framaroot and run it. in dont see gandalf option. it only show aragon and it doesnt work. please help

Screamjuh

Mar 7, 2016
Hello! Just installed framaroot and I have Lenovo IdeaTab S6000 H, so selected baromir or smthin and it says: Failed exploit is dont but subinary and su failed. Help!

narendrapareek

Aug 2, 2016
I am trying to root my phone from last 6 month and i have tried almost all the version of framaroot but no one is working with Samsung Galaxy Core i8262, When i select any exploit either it gives error or just closes app without any error message.
Please help me to resolve this ASAP.

graj

Mar 25, 2016
need vivo v3 max rooting help

hwy i want to root my vivo v3 max but there is no solution on xda as well as on google. will make it possible to root my vivo v3 max.plz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

FAQ

help error #6

Hi I have problem when I use framaroot in galaxy s 3 I-9300 jelly bean 4.3 I found 1 exploit aragorn I click on it but I found eroor #6 and their not more exploit please help me

All errors less or equal to 9 mean your device is not vulnerable. You have to use an other rooting method (CF-autoroot)

i need help
    i desperately want to root my hisense eg668 or Andromax i3
    it has qualcomm msm8612 ,adreno 302 and it runs on android 4.3 "jls6c"

when i opened framaroot it only appears aragorn exploit and it failed.
    try to run it from adb and manually chose gandalf but its not working to...

can you help me.

thanks

The check for vulnerabilities is trivial and not accurate. Aragorn is often displayed but it only work on samsung devices. Choose another exploit with doesn't change anything, Framaroot display Gandalf if there is a chance to root your device, for your device it's a no go.

Sch-i605
    i605VRUAND3
    will this(framaroot) work after this OTA update?
    I tried not to do the OTA but it crashed my phone and installed it anyway!
    :(((

There is absolutely no warranty Framaroot will work after.
    i need help
    i desperately want to root my hisense eg668 or Andromax i3
    it has qualcomm msm8612 ,adreno 302 and it runs on android 4.3 "jls6c"

when i opened framaroot it only appears aragorn exploit and it failed.
    try to run it from adb and manually chose gandalf but its not working to...

can you help me.

thanks
    gandalf not working

My device Samsung galaxy win all timeframaroot is not show any message and re lunch isnot work